I'm on 10.0.10.90 since day 1 with z10
    Battery is fine easily lasts a day
    Keyboard is fine I don't care if they change the colour from blue to green
    All my apps work fine, no lag
    I don't need Skype
    Hdr is of no interest.. phone cameras don't interest me
    Thanks to all the warriors who research each new os and report back.. rim... should give you all free phones

Posted via CB10
    Elphie123 likes this.
    05-18-13 07:28 AM
    I'm on 10.0.10.90 since day 1 with z10
    Battery is fine easily lasts a day
    Keyboard is fine I don't care if they change the colour from blue to green
    All my apps work fine, no lag
    I don't need Skype
    Hdr is of no interest.. phone cameras don't interest me
    Thanks to all the warriors who research each new os and report back.. rim... should give you all free phones

I have been reading the problem posts with 10.1, and I keep wondering why I would want to mess with it. I don't have a pc any longer, so I can't mess around with leaks, and my phone is running so smoothly (with a very occasionally reboot) that I am going to stay put for awhile

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 07:42 AM
    I'm actually about to downgrade to 10.0 from 10.1 for testing purposes. I strongly dislike the ocassional stuttering 10.1 seems to have introduced. I can't remember me noticing it on 10.0. So I'm going to roll back to see if 10.0 was in fact smoother or not.

Weird thing I just noticed on 10.1 is that the hub cascades are less choppy when I have the phone plugged into the charger.

edit: I take that back the cascades started being choppy again with it plugged into the charger. It was more responsive though while I transfered my whole mp3 gallery from phone to PC. Weird. As soon as I stopped transfering files it was more choppy again in the cascades.
    05-18-13 07:50 AM
    Now when 10.1 is officially released also for the Z10, most new versions of apps will Require 10.1 .... just saying...
    05-18-13 08:34 AM
    Yeah, because text selection from blue to green is all they changed with the text input.. *sarcasm. What do you lose by upgrading, exactly? I personally don't recommend staying on older software because it is soon no longer supported from an app standpoint. Unless you don't use apps either.. in which case you have a really nice smartphone for.. just email?
    SDTRMG and bobauckland like this.
    05-18-13 09:07 AM
    I like Remote File Share. I got LTE on AT&T which I didn't have previously. Those are reason enough to update.

I was concerned with very bad battery life for about 2 days after the upgrade. A friend mentioned it had to rebuild the indexes for Universal Search. Also I permitted infinite email history for a couple accounts. Now those processes are complete and battery life is normal.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:34 AM
    At work, we have a saying - if it ain't broke, don't fix it...
    I never had any issues with 10.0.10.85
    Some of the changes in 10.1 that I see are:
    - Hub: pin to pin messaging
    Whatsapp has it's own category
    - Notifications: you can change the vibration count for individuals
    - the cursor Halo bubble is easier to use
    - you said that the camera isn't a big topic... But HDR is nice to have
    - the calendar works in landscape giving you a bit more information
    - the 30 email sync has been lifted. Outlook is forever but Gmail is only good for 90 days, for those that need old emails at hand
    These are the most notable changes for me. But here is a link with a few more changes on 10.1:. http://au.blackberry.com/support/sma...ion-10-1.html:

05-18-13 09:44 AM
    I have plenty of apps, though not into games. I use my phone for a lot of emailing. Browsing. Reading, todo management. Watching tv occasionally, satnav

I read one report that says 10.1 has faster browser... but I am not on 4g network and wifi and 3g speeds are amazing compared to 9900

My only gripe with z10 is the contacts app, find this pretty clumsy and not intuitive

Think I will wait a while

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:53 AM
    One poster above says you should upgrade because apps will need 10.1, another post in the forum says half his apps don't work because they haven't been updated for 10.1....

I guess it's all down to personal taste ,but thanks again to all the upgrade diehards.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:57 AM
    An idiots ideology not to upgrade to what is better and fixes many things

I for one am ecstatic about the update it fixes many glitches & gripes that I had with the OS, especially the anomaly of losing cellular signal when using London underground or on the phone for a lengthy period of time. The only way was to restart the handset (no battery pull)

Posted on CB10 via ZEDTRO10
    05-18-13 10:00 AM
    The updated editing tools bubble alone is worth it to me. I also have much less anomalies with auto correction on the keyboard.

Those two areas alone make it worthwhile to upgrade to me.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:20 AM
    Typing is far superior now. They've added better predictions and stuff and the Green really helps.

Posted via CB10
    leafnstion44 likes this.
    05-18-13 12:02 PM
    One poster above says you should upgrade because apps will need 10.1, another post in the forum says half his apps don't work because they haven't been updated for 10.1....

I guess it's all down to personal taste ,but thanks again to all the upgrade diehards.

Posted via CB10
    give it time and you'll see. Especially when the next os update comes along, 10.0 won't be ideal anymore.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:23 PM
    You don't need 10.1.
    You don't need HDR.
    You don't need Skype.

Here's my advice then. Don't upgrade and keep quiet about it. If I was about to post that I don't see a point in installing BlackBerry Travel so be it. I certainly wouldn't post about ever single ****.....

Posted via CB10
    bobauckland likes this.
    05-18-13 12:28 PM
    Remote file sharing and the "forever" Outlook setting are the only things I'm really looking forward to, which is why I don't mind waiting for slow a$$ AT&T to push out the official update.
    05-18-13 10:17 PM
    I don't see any reason not to.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 02:16 AM
    faster universal search
    rich text functionality in remember app
    Browser is faster to open and load pages
    Hub reacts faster
    Text predictions are more accurate
    App switching is more fluid
    Volume control when connected via bluetooth audio devices eg BlackBerry audio gateway

These are the main reasons why I'm loving the 10.1 update, and that's without having made my first Skype call from a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:11 AM
    Yes after upgrading I found after an initial slowdown, and the fact I did not search for a second update of 59mb, the typing experience is smoother. The browser lightning fast. Apps launch faster. Emails send quicker. Need I say more?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:47 AM