I know from time to time the phone ( Z10 ) tends to over heat specially with LTE turn on, but today something different happen i was driving and i had the bluetooth turn on for my head set but i was not using the phone at all and all of the sudden the phone started to warm up i had it on the blackberry leather pouch and i took it out to cool it down but it was burning hot when i pulled it out and the phone wasn't working at all so i decided to open it and take the battery out and let it cool a bit then i putt it back together again an started working...
    Does any one have a clue what could've caused it or do i have to replace it ???

Any help would be great appreciated
    05-17-13 10:18 AM
    I know from time to time the phone ( Z10 ) tends to over heat specially with LTE turn on, but today something different happen i was driving and i had the bluetooth turn on for my head set but i was not using the phone at all and all of the sudden the phone started to warm up i had it on the blackberry leather pouch and i took it out to cool it down but it was burning hot when i pulled it out and the phone wasn't working at all so i decided to open it and take the battery out and let it cool a bit then i putt it back together again an started working...
    Does any one have a clue what could've caused it or do i have to replace it ???

Any help would be great appreciated
    Check the battery, take out the battery and put it on a flat surface and spin the battery. If the battery spins than it needs to be replaced, if the battery doesn't spin than I have no idea what to tell you.

It's at least a start on finding out what is going on lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 10:30 AM
    That's the first time someone said that to me lol....but I will try it and go from there

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 10:32 AM
    I'm having an issue with my battery not charging at night plus overheating and battery drainage. So I'm kinda in a similar situation...at this point I just want answers.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 10:36 AM
    Well I did what you told me and didn't spin at all...but I didn't notice if it heats up when it's charging...ill keep an eye and do a follow here

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 11:45 AM
    Actually you are supposed to put the battery on the table and if it starts to do the Waltz then its bad. If it does the Tango, however, its still good.
    asherwiin and sonic_reducer like this.
    05-17-13 11:48 AM
    It sits flat on the table and it doesn't move...but it started to warm up later today after a full reset it hasn't done it again

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 08:57 PM
    the other day i tried to send a picture three times that wouldn't go through and sat at the little red timer thing. phone got quite hot and battery died in 3-4 hours, later figured that the pics just tried to resend over and over again until the battery died without avail. cleared that chat and recharged the phone and it wasn't staying hot anymore.
    05-17-13 09:02 PM
    Does anyone notice if you can chance to 4g instead of LTE mine won't let me and see if that helps with the overheating

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 04:01 PM
    I'm, I've had the same issues with my new phone. The phone never changed to 100% over night and would discharge in less than five hours. I had turned the brightness down, synchronized email manually and turned of everything else that could possibly draining my battery. The phone was in a leather holster but still the phone would get hot and drain the battery. I backed up the phone to the Link software and wiped the phone then reinstalled. Unfortunately this didn't work either so today I sent it back to be looked at by phones 4 you blackberry repairer.

People slate the iphone but at least it works straight out of the box no issues with mine in over four years. I just don't like their ethics.
    I love the Z10 the keyboard is outstanding but it's no use to me if it's drop 40% battery sat idle in a holster cooking the battery.
    05-30-13 05:31 PM
    I realized that it's not the battery that gets hot. Its actually hot right underneath the memory card. I'm guessing that is where the cpu is.

Take off the cover next time your phone feels hot. It probably isn't the battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 05:55 PM
    Yeah that's where mine get hot by the memory card...this is my first Z10 and it's been like this ever since the update to 10.1...I don't give up that easy on a phone for something like that I had the iPhone and it was a good phone that's it nothing extraordinary I had an android the same thing, I like my Z10 cause its different and it's unique in its own way but this overheating should be address

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 10:16 PM
    A work colleague has a Verizon Z10 that had to be returned yesterday after it overheated and melted the back so much it warped. Verizon replaced it and said it was a 'known problem'.... :-(

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 10:38 PM
    I believe that for the most part, the phone is getting hot because it is syncing in the background.

Pull down on the quick setting from the home screen, maybe something is uploading or downloading.

My phone gets hot right after I do an update and do a "forever" sync on my emails. Also when I use a flashlight app.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:45 AM
    Mine got hot when I played the sector strike game. Otherwise it has been fine
    . I really don't want to return this phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 06:38 AM
    I had this problem on my HTC One X until the polycarbonate case turned brown and the phone shut down, as mentioned before I think it's cpu related; it would get hot while doing a variety of things mainly multimedia and browsing, and it would turn scorching if I did these while charging

Oddly enough though, my Z10 hasn't ever overheated or gotten higher than a lukewarm temperature, it is a white stl100-2 running on Vodafone UK. This leads me to suggest it's an issue with either radio related (signal) or an issue with the device itself, but it does seem weird!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 06:43 AM
    The Z is a very sensitive friend. Unlike its older siblings--Curve Bold, and even Torch, the Z is not self sufficient. It has yet to be weaned from its owners constant oversight and remains too often unpredictable even resting at night in its cradle. Its siblings had a few bad habits, but they (especially Curve and Bold) were known for their day-to-day reliability and respected by even the extended family.

Each day for the Z, however, brings on a new challenge. This can be fun and, no doubt, exciting for many younger guardians and especially those that enjoy exploring behavioral abnormalities. The misfeasant Z also, admittedly, is less trouble for those families with other children still at home that may take up the slack and remain as the Apple of their eyes.

But for those that have time and/or room for only one electronic personae, wrestling for control of and obedience by their Z has proven difficult. Only those that demand little from their new child and are ever optimistic about it outgrowing its childhood abnormalities are happy. But for those more experienced parents that have either outgrown their experimentation phase in life or are now too occupied with other facets of life simply wont/cant sink more time and money into such a slow learner as the Z.

These people want a device that will perform all the basics out of the box...period. Their very lives and livelihood may, on some days, depend on the reliability and functionality of their phone-child. Even as they may have been sold on lineage and genetic make-up, it is impossible to avoid the conclusion that an adverse mutation had transpired. This Z cannot be from the same gene pool as the Bold or Curve. (Alternatively, perhaps it is an aberration from too much inbreeding.) Further it is difficult to see the IPhones or Sungs as anything but very distant cousins.

Just a few more days of taking my Z child to visit with various therapists; that's all the time and money (measured thru lost busines) I care to afford to this problem child. I'm sorry and saddened. I may not be strong enough to keep but am close to a belief that I would be doing society a favor by urging a quarantine of all Zs until they're rid of illness or lethargy.

I hear excuses and have experienced constantly broken promises. I don't care if it's in the OS blood or processor bones, I've raised a lot of children and I recognize a problem child when I see one. While I admit to developing a bit of an emotional bond over ten weeks and want to believe, this Z is definitely not what was promised in the adoption papers?!?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 07:43 AM
    Yes, the heat is almost certainly processor induced. Aside from heavy use intended by the owner, the Z, or rather OS10, is very prone to sticking in endless loops that drawdown the battery and, in turn, overheat the processor.

The Z (today) is far from turnkey as are, for example, the Iphones and Samsungs; the Z takes constant monitoring and coddling to achieve its intended performance and reliability by a "medium heavy" user.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 07:50 AM
    Well I don't know about all that twaddle but mine drained sitting in its pouch. Sent it back for a major refit awaiting results.

Not so happy anymore.
    06-16-13 03:13 PM
    Mine was fine until the first of two V updates. I never had restart issue - nada, but first upgrade made me think it was a bad battery. I got a new battery - same and the new update is no better. I was hoping 10.1 would be out and fix it - still waiting. I am back to my GS3 until this is sorted out.
    06-16-13 03:24 PM
    At the moment since having the phone back from repair the drain issues have gone. Having said that now the phone seems to reboot it's self. There must be an issue with cpu that is a known fault.

Not so happy anymore.
    06-18-13 04:47 PM