I really miss the ability to set email filters to fine tune what ends up in my inbox for each of my email accounts, like I have with OS7 (I am on BIS). Does anyone know if this will be added to OS10?
    05-17-13 12:11 AM
    The filters were running on BlackBerry severs which then decided what to send to your device. With BB10 no more BIS, no more servers to do the work.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:47 AM
    I really miss the ability to set email filters to fine tune what ends up in my inbox for each of my email accounts, like I have with OS7 (I am on BIS). Does anyone know if this will be added to OS10?
    OS 10 uses ActiveSync which is a true synchronization of your mailbox structure. Mailbox sorting rules are your best bet, as they can be used to move messages out of the Inbox which will prevent them from showing up on the device by default (unless you are syncing the other folder as well) but then that applies to your mailbox regardless of the client which doesn't sound like what you want.

I just confirmed that the BES 10.1 Webdesktop does not provide any email filtering like the old BES did. It provides just basic functionality such as creating an activation password, wiping a device, and a few advanced settings that don't pertain to email filtering.
    erniel likes this.
    05-17-13 10:18 AM
    Very sad, that this is gone.... :/

Filter were a powerful tool.
    05-17-13 10:30 AM
    Very sad, that this is gone.... :/

Filter were a powerful tool.
    Agreed!
    05-17-13 11:08 AM