I seem to recall that the Playbook also had restart issues, many of which could be traced to the android runtime OS/android apps. When I removed all of my android apps from my PB, the problem went away (of course this is hardly a controlled experiment!) and it was a different OS anyway.

I have seen kernel panic many times in android OS's and ROM's and I believe that's what we are seeing in the many restarts. Problem is, the android portion of BB10 can't be easily removed (if at all).

But, if some brave developer want's to try, I could try to assist by testing - as it is now, my TMobile Z10 is not very reliable!
    05-16-13 04:57 PM
    was a different OS anyway.
    THey actually have a lot in common. Think of PlayBook as being the baby version of BlackBerry 10. I know they like to say "from the ground up" and it is ... on a smartphone
    05-16-13 05:27 PM
    "I keep hearing BlackBerry 10 referred to as a "1.0 operating system". It isn't. "
    your right it is a 2.0 op system, as you said yourself the playbook was the baby version.
    05-17-13 12:14 AM
    I don't believe so, if(big if) and when an app I've side load fails I get the same force close message android gets, and when I usually press wait, the app loads up. I don't suffer from any random rebooting, it'd be hard to believe it was the android runtime when so many people have working bb10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:14 AM
    Your are right the PlayBook did have restart issues as well, eventually they fixed this with a software update but yeah the android portion could be the root of the reboots

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:14 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is actually the 3.0 of the platform.

There was PBOS1 and PBOS2.
    Which is why this version is called 10. PlayBook OS1 was actually BlackBerry 8, then PlayBook OS2 was BlackBerry9 and then here is BlackBerry10.

The Runtime wasn't introduced till PBOS2 though and the BB10 runtime is still Android version 2.3, the same runtime as 2.0, except tweaked and improved. 10.1 improves it again. Then 10.2 will bring Android version 4.2 which should improve it tremendously.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    05-17-13 01:57 AM