I apologize in advance if this has already been asked.
    I currently have a 16 GB Playbook that I got when it was first released. I use it at least 3 hours a day. Now after 2 years I find it is getting slower and chugging along trying to do everything it once did very snappy
    I suspect it is going to die or become unusable in the next 6 months.
    My concern is that since BlackBerry has appeared to abandon the Playbook what will I replace it with. I love my playbook and hope they come out with a new version but if they don't I need to start planning for what I should get to replace it.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:37 PM
    Sorry to say.. You are not going to get a good Deal in CL. Try it.. if you are lucky you can get around $100 for it for sure. You can then buy a Nexus /HP or the new Asus Tablet
    05-16-13 01:42 PM
    I think PlayBook is still available from BlackBerry directly.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 on Rogers
    05-16-13 01:44 PM
    I currently have a 16 GB Playbook that I got when it was first released. I use it at least 3 hours a day. Now after 2 years I find it is getting slower and chugging along trying to do everything it once did very snappy
    My concern is that since BlackBerry has appeared to abandon the Playbook what will I replace it with. I love my playbook and hope they come out with a new version but if they don't I need to start planning for what I should get to replace it.

Posted via CB10
    Most importantly you should never plan anything important unless you follow the golden rules!

1. Before even attempting to consider your decision, go down into your cellar.
    2. Make sure the cellar door is locked.
    3. Make sure your cellar is well stocked.
    4. Check that you have a sufficient supply of pasties (of your choice but preferably cornish oggies).
    5. Start off slowly by sitting comfortably.
    6. Open a bottle.
    7. Pour a large drink.
    8. Browse the web on your playbook searching for "best tablet".
    9. Each time you visit a new site, have a drink (I suggest at least a glass full based upon size of glass).
    10. When you have a minimum of five empty bottles rolling around on the cellar floor, begin to analyse your findings from the web.
    11. Become confused by your analysis and open another bottle.
    12. You are now in the perfect mental condition to make any major decision.

There will however be a 99.9% chance though that at this point you will decide that you love your pb and keep it. Sad I know but one he'll of a decision making process! Better than all this 'think tank' and 'brainstorming' bull****.

Come to think of it, if everyone had chosen this form of analytical decision making we wouldn't be here would we? Or would we?

ps I'm definitely not in my cellar I lied as I said it, but you can't see me anyway!
    Vijay Ramu, joshua_sx1 and MrRtic like this.
    05-16-13 02:23 PM
    Most importantly you should never plan anything important unless you follow the golden rules!

4. Check that you have a sufficient supply of pasties (of your choice but preferably cornish oggies).
    6. Open a bottle.
    7. Pour a large drink.
    9. Each time you visit a new site, have a drink (I suggest at least a glass full based upon size of glass).
    10. When you have a minimum of five empty bottles rolling around on the cellar floor, begin to analyse your findings from the web.

There will however be a 99.9% chance though that at this point you will decide that you love your pb and keep it. Sad I know but one he'll of a decision making process! Better than all this 'think tank' and 'brainstorming' bull****.

Come to think of it, if everyone had chosen this form of analytical decision making we wouldn't be here would we? Or would we?

ps I'm definitely not in my cellar I lied as I said it, but you can't see me anyway!
    Top Class Answer. :-)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 02:26 PM
    Top Class Answer. :-)
    Obviously you are a person of class and intelligence and no doubt posting from your cellar. Spot on fellow member!

ps do you like pasties?
    05-16-13 02:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you like the platform and it seems to do what YOU WANT, you could acquire a spare unit - you would not be the first to do so. Cleaning off unnecessary apps and media/data might speed it up.
    05-16-13 03:25 PM
    Any suggestions for restocking my cellar......my
    brandy is all gone
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 04:34 PM
    Well since you did ask, my immediate plans are to go to the toilet and then go to bed. Anything else you want to know please don't hesitate to ask.
    05-16-13 04:36 PM
    Now after 2 years I find it is getting slower and chugging along trying to do everything it once did very snappy

Most likely doing a security wipe will fix this.
    05-16-13 06:30 PM
    Clean it up as F-2 said. You probably just need a wipe and reload.
    05-16-13 06:34 PM

6. Open a bottle.
    7. Pour a large drink.

One of the best advice so far... I believe the hardest part is passing the Step #11... you probably need to do this a couple of times or more, depends on individual alcohol consumption tolerance level in take... the more you are resistive to alcohol, the more repetitive you need to do this step to continue to Step #12...

Anyway, I guess anyone can also use this brainstorming approach for selecting GF or wife... or even when you are planning to change them...

Posted via Z10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 06:58 PM
    I'd suggest an upgrade. I recently upgraded my 16Gb to a brand new 64Gb jobbie. There are plenty of companies selling them on eBay with full warranty. I only paid $200 for my new one, which is about as much as I think any tablet is worth, given their limited usefulness. I reckon I will hang on to mine, BB10 or not, at least until MS Surface Pro or Acer's sexy new R7 convertible gets a Haswell upgrade. i.e. Unitl I replace both my laptop and PB with a single device. I may even keep it after that as no PC maker seems to bother with GPS in their Win8 devices.
    05-17-13 12:30 AM