Just an observation, but if 10.1 is laggy for a lot of people I wonder why no one mentioned the leak being laggy too.

My main problem with 10.1 is if you turn the screen to landscape mode the word suggestions in the keyboard are out of place, but I don't recall anyone mentioning that either.

Maybe people who install the links could do a better job bug reporting, presumably that's why bb releases leaks

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:35 PM
    I know it's not a users "job" to debug the product I just find it odd that I didn't hear about the problems with 10.1 until the official release when so many people got the leak.

Btw I don't have any lag in 10.1, I wonder if it will go away for people after a few days after the update "settles in"

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:40 PM
    10 .1 is not laggy...once upgraded ..need to let sit for few hours to become normal
    Mecca EL and schmeat like this.
    05-16-13 01:41 PM
    No lag here either... that's why I didn't report it.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-16-13 01:46 PM

Maybe people who install the links could do a better job bug reporting, presumably that's why bb releases leaks

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry wants code tested by users they have the Beta Zone to do that.

I'm beginning to remember why I was away from CB so long. A few people have such a sense of personal entitlement, listen to yourselves.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-16-13 08:47 PM
    Personally, I've reported animation stutters in every single 10.1 leak I've tried. Don't know if that's the "lag" you're referring to, but I can't seem to get rid of the occasional stuttering no matter what I do. I might try loading the official version of 10.1 when I have some time, but the equivalent leak (.1720) had a stutter problem for me as well. It's not a huge thing per se, but it is a touch annoying at times.
    05-16-13 08:48 PM
    Yeah, no lag here. Still running the leak because it's newer than official release. I have had a few issues, but not lag.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 08:49 PM
    If BlackBerry wants code tested by users they have the Beta Zone to do that.

I'm beginning to remember why I was away from CB so long. A few people have such a sense of personal entitlement, listen to yourselves.

Posted via CB10

I know I worded it wrong, read my second post. I just have some doubts whether the lag thing is really an issue, as I only had it for an hour or so after upgrading.. and kinda surprised I didn't hear about the new bugs 10.1 introduced, but whatever, it is what it is

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:12 PM
    I installed the update and have had no lag issues at all. I love the 10.1 update my battery life has improved with this update.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 09:36 PM
    I might try loading the official version of 10.1 when I have some time, but the equivalent leak (.1720) had a stutter problem for me as well. It's not a huge thing per se, but it is a touch annoying at times.
    Just upgraded to the official 10.1 on my Z10 about 3 hours ago, never used a leak previously, and for me Cascades stutters when scrolling the screen and when scrolling the UI elements across the screen. It's lost the snappiness feeling of 10.0, it looks like lag at first but things happen at the same speed as before just not as smoothly. It's analogues to a reduced frame rate in a game, drawing fewer frames on the screen as things move around.

If it doesn't settle down after a day and a few reboots then this update should never have been rubber stamped as ready.

Posted via CB10
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    05-17-13 05:17 PM
    Just upgraded to the official 10.1 on my Z10 about 3 hours ago, never used a leak previously, and for me Cascades stutters when scrolling the screen and when scrolling the UI elements across the screen. It's lost the snappiness feeling of 10.0, it looks like lag at first but things happen at the same speed as before just not as smoothly. It's analogues to a reduced frame rate in a game, drawing fewer frames on the screen as things move around.

If it doesn't settle down after a day and a few reboots then this update should never have been rubber stamped as ready.

Posted via CB10
    SO glad this is not just me. I thought I was seeing things

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 06:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Trust me, it doesn't settle down. All these people saying they haven't experienced lag must just be oblivious to it.

As a fore mentioned, animation stutters are apparent, app panels are not as fluid as they use to be, minimizing apps sometimes stutters. Its not lag in the sense of 2.0 era android devices, its just a lack of fluidity and 'snapyness' that was present in 10.0.

For me it makes using the device much less of a pleasure and quite dissatisfying as I was loved how fast/snappy/fluid it used to be.

I have made numerous posts about this and found that the lag can be simulated with 100% success by doing the following: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...el-lag-807532/

Dont give me the crap of let it settle, i have had various leaks for days at a time, the current official is now 4 days in and still get the same issues regardless of reboots etc. My friend has updated to official as of 2 days ago via OTA and has never ran any leaks, he informed me of how crap it had made his phone and that it will occasionally now stutter etc.

It is a problem with the software and needs to be rectified immediately, people on this forum swearing blind it doesnt lag cause they over look the occasional hiccup need to realise that its not acceptable. Not once have i experienced stuttering on IOS devices with extremely basic navigation functions, dont get me wrong I dont want an IOS device at all, but when I pay �550 for a phone I dont expect 'upgrades' to downgrade my user experience.

I would love to hear what kevin has to say on the matter and whether he has experienced this? Surely some of the CB team has? I would be grateful if a mod could grab his attention to this to share a reply
    sonic_reducer likes this.
    05-17-13 06:14 PM
    You are right, I do notice that lack of smoothness moving from the apps page back to active frames. Hope we don't need to wait for 10.2 to get this fixed. Why do they always fix one bug and then add more.

Should mention that it doesn't really seem to affect the functionality, it just doesn't look as smooth

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 06:23 PM
    Why do they always fix one bug and then add more.
    That's the BlackBerry way... always has been, probably always will be.
    05-17-13 06:30 PM
    Just done the 10.1 update. On EE in the UK, ST-100 I believe .

Definitely stutters when scrolling now, like here in the Crackberry app. Won't cry about it, but have to agree that this is a downgrade rather than an upgrade. Also some apps like BBWorld stutter on opening.

The edit circle behaviour is much better now, which is why my post now makes more sense than before.

Nothing much seems to have changed on my device after all the big hype about it.

Will report on battery life after a few days.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 03:02 PM
    I know I worded it wrong, read my second post. I just have some doubts whether the lag thing is really an issue, as I only had it for an hour or so after upgrading.. and kinda surprised I didn't hear about the new bugs 10.1 introduced, but whatever, it is what it is

Posted via CB10
    My Z10 ran smooth and quick from the time it came up from the time it came up from the reboot.

Have you side loaded any applications?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 03:26 PM
    lag is not the proper word, there's no delay in response... it stutters and the frame rate drops mainly when swiping from the hub to active frames or from active frames to the app screen... mad annoying considering 10.0 was smooth as butta
    05-18-13 06:00 PM
    Updated to10.1 a few days ago and have had no problems at all. Actually it seems smoother and a bit faster than before. Not a power user but Def a blackberry fan. Bought the wife a Q10 and she's happy with it and I'm hooked on my z10. When I downloaded the update from Telus I let it reboot and put it on charge over night. I've never had it freeze and never had any issues since I bought it. Guess I must be lucky.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 06:21 PM
    My Cascades stutter issues with 10.1 are fixed, but only by security wiping the phone which revealed that the OTA 10.1 update from the night before was in fact a botched update that left me with the new OS Version but the old Software Version!

Software update installed 10.1 correctly the second time during setup after the security wipe. No stutter at all from the start this time round.

So I'd say the only way to fix for phones where the update worked OK but you have the stutter is to Reload the OS using Link. Couldn't tell you if Backing up and Restoring would just reintroduce the problem I'm afraid as I didn't fix it that way so try backing up then reloading the OS and restoring your data first. If that doesn't fix it then it's time to start from scratch and just do a Reload, without restoring.

Very poor situation to leave Z10 users in BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 05-19-13 at 05:43 PM.
    05-19-13 06:42 AM
    My main problem with 10.1 is if you turn the screen to landscape mode the word suggestions in the keyboard are out of place, but I don't recall anyone mentioning that either.
    Posted via CB10
    Suggested words are on the correct letter for me when I turn the keyboard to landscape mode. I'm going to try to work out if that's one if the differences if you install 10.1 OTA in-place rather than wiping and installing from scratch like I did. I have many more Z10s to upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 05-19-13 at 11:35 AM.
    05-19-13 06:50 AM
    Ugh I don't have time or desire to security wipe and reload my phone. Honestly if that's the case u might just wait till the next update fixes it... hopefully

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 11:25 AM
    Ugh I don't have time or desire to security wipe and reload my phone. Honestly if that's the case u might just wait till the next update fixes it... hopefully

Posted via CB10
    I did it and it's still as laggy as it was previously

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 11:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 11:37 AM