So I got my z10 on release day from a t mobile store in new haven, CT. As a business customer there service for me has been outstanding. Now that the q10 has been released for business customers only I wanted to replace my z10 asap. I love my z10 and it is far superior to any blackberry, Ios or Android phone I have ever owned but having the physical keyboard again and the great battery life available for the q10 I just had to get it. So thinking I would have to buy the q10 outright and still keep my z10 as i have had it over 30 days. The t mobile rep helped me out big time and after speaking to his district manager they are going to replace my z10 for the q10 and also waive the $50 restocking fee. Picking my q10 up tommorow. Happy days....

Posted via CB10
    JR A and geekaren like this.
    05-16-13 12:41 PM
    Where are you picking it up from? They already have them in stores for business customers?
    raino likes this.
    05-16-13 12:48 PM
    That is awesome. I have the Z10 from Tmobile and will check the Q10 when it comes out for the physical keyboard and battery life. Good to know.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    05-16-13 12:53 PM
    They had it shipped to the store for me to pick up. Only after me telling them that it said it was available on their website did they know anything about the early release on the network for business users.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:19 PM
    Spoke to TMO couple of times this week and despite various claims by ill-informed TMO store staff T-Mobile's return policies are indeed awesome and very simple:

1. regardless of the order method (online or in-store) you always have 30 days to return your phone, even if it were purchased under the 24-months payment plan
    2. if you ordered it online you never have to pay any restocking fee as long as you are within 30 days
    3. depending on your luck/nexus/relationship with your store the staff always have the option to waive your restocking fee, even without exchanging it for another phone but it's a discretionary thing

Makes sense - TMO's cheapest option is their online store and pushing the stores to match their online policies (so non-conforming ones will lose business and eventually get shut down.)
    JR A likes this.
    05-21-13 11:20 AM
    I received a call from Tmobile customer retention today at 1pm ref a survey I was sent when the Tmobile store wouldn't let me purchase the Z10 outright when it first came out.
    I had given low survey marks on one of those text surveys they send you after they know you've been in the store or called a rep.
    My main issue was I told one thing by a rep on 611 only to be denied the phone in store by another rep.
    They asked what could Tmobile do to keep me with them and change that I would now recommend then, because those were the other two low scores that I would leave and I wouldn't recommend them.
    I'll be honest I jokingly said send me a free Blackberry Q10 to the rep when asked this question.
    My heart dropped when she said hold on let me see what we can do!?

Long story short I'll be paying half price for the Q10 there will not be a migration fee and when they mail it to me shipping will be waived!
    05-21-13 04:12 PM
    Spoke to TMO couple of times this week and despite various claims by ill-informed TMO store staff T-Mobile's return policies are indeed awesome and very simple:

1. regardless of the order method (online or in-store) you always have 30 days to return your phone, even if it were purchased under the 24-months payment plan
    2. if you ordered it online you never have to pay any restocking fee as long as you are within 30 days
    3. depending on your luck/nexus/relationship with your store the staff always have the option to waive your restocking fee, even without exchanging it for another phone but it's a discretionary thing

Makes sense - TMO's cheapest option is their online store and pushing the stores to match their online policies (so non-conforming ones will lose business and eventually get shut down.)
    It's 14 days for in-store purchases and 20 days for online orders.
    05-21-13 07:00 PM
    They had it shipped to the store for me to pick up. Only after me telling them that it said it was available on their website did they know anything about the early release on the network for business users.

Posted via CB10
    Wait, so you have your Q10 already?!?
    raino likes this.
    05-21-13 07:37 PM
    That's what the store tells you but it's actually not true, according to TMO, I just confirmed it again today.
    FWIW on my way hone I stopped at my local store (Park Slope in Brooklyn) and, of course, even the Associate Store Manager girl was still denying the policy, telling me then I should buy from T-Mobile online or over the phone...!

What... but hey, fine by me, from now on I won't buy anything there.
    Funny thing is that I'm actually the guy who try to balance our online and local shopping, to make sure we keep business around me alive and happy but arrogance is something I never tolerated well so I just crossed my local TMO store out of.my list, period (sorry, store staff, not your fault.)

Sent from my LT30p using CB Forums mobile app
    05-21-13 07:38 PM
    I've heard from a certain expert that if you are willing to be...not the best person, the customer retention department and lack of a contract = method of getting what you want or reasonably close with patience.

~STV
    05-21-13 09:19 PM
    Wait, so you have your Q10 already?!?
    C'mon OP, it's been five days. Did you get a Q10 or not?
    05-22-13 10:48 AM
    not surprised. tmobile will do almost anything to keep customers happy... to keep customers to begin with.
    05-22-13 05:25 PM
    I've been a customer for 10 years. I'm happy. All T-Mobile had to do to keep me was not become At&t.
    05-22-13 06:14 PM