If you want a Flash Player for Blackberries, let your voice be heard!

Petition for Flash Player
    10-09-08 01:09 PM
    It's not that simple to integrate Adobe Flash into a mobile platform. While Adobe has made great improvements recently in their mobile application of Flash, it is still extremely difficult to make it work, and small enough in terms of library size.
    10-09-08 01:14 PM
    This is probably a dumb question, so go easy on me - why can I watch videos on the iPhone and not my Pearl?
    10-09-08 01:21 PM
    If you are referring to youtube, you can watch them on your pearl.
    10-09-08 01:27 PM
    I understand that's it's not easy, but that's why it hasn't been developed already!

If they see the demand for it, then they will allocate more resources towards developing it though. But I imagine, with the increase in smartphone uptake, they must be working hard on this now.
    10-09-08 02:31 PM
    I can watch youtube videos, but can't on other sites. Getting one to come to mind right now is difficult.........
    10-09-08 02:48 PM
    Flash is a strange beast. IT is owned entirely by Adobe - a bunch of Apple fanboys if ever there was and even they have not written Flash for the iToy.
    Jobs was heard to say that when Adobe said they were working on Flash for it that he did not think that it was possib.

Not the least problem is that of fixed video window sizes.

There may be a version for the BlackBerry but it is a loooong was off and a petition won't make it happen. This is largely a technical issue deep in the poor architecture of Flash so blame Adobe, not RIM.
    10-09-08 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD