After updating, the battery drains like crazy. Also, I keep getting the pop up note on the home screen, telling me to swipe to the left for apps and to the right for the hub. Anyway to disable this? I know how the Z10 works and don't need this annoying message popping up on the home screen. Also, when starting Apps, it takes forever to get them started. Hope this improves, not impressed so far.
    05-15-13 09:12 PM
    the instructions will go away in like 4 minutes. relax.

do you mean android apps you sideloaded and didn't reinstall?
    05-15-13 09:14 PM
    Follow those on screen instructions and then they will go away.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 09:14 PM
    the instructions will go away in like 4 minutes. relax.

do you mean android apps you sideloaded and didn't reinstall?
    Not Android apps, native BB Apps. I know the message goes away, I just want to get it to not show up at all. More reading to do.
    05-15-13 09:15 PM
    Wish I could down vote repetitive threads.

But seriously, my battery sucks too, it always has. Maybe let the os settle?

Posted via CB10
    presean, MarsupilamiX and R Field like this.
    05-15-13 09:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    What she said just wait a bit

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 09:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    What on earth does that mean? Honest question.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 09:24 PM
    After updating, the battery drains like crazy. Also, I keep getting the pop up note on the home screen, telling me to swipe to the left for apps and to the right for the hub. Anyway to disable this? I know how the Z10 works and don't need this annoying message popping up on the home screen. Also, when starting Apps, it takes forever to get them started. Hope this improves, not impressed so far.
    1) Battery drains cause OS is re-syncing EVERYTHING. Give it a day to a week and it should be top notch.
    2) Follow what the notification says and it should go away. Took me a few tries...
    3) Did you restart your phone after an install? That fixed my laggy apps. Maybe it's the same as 1) and they're re-syncing settings, etc.
    05-15-13 09:25 PM
    What on earth does that mean? Honest question.

Posted via CB10
    On Reddit, users can upvote or downvote posts. When a good post gets a substantial amount of upvotes, it appears on the front page with other awesome posts. Other not-so discussion worthy posts get downvoted into oblivion.

Sometimes I wish I could do that here haha.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 09:32 PM
    1) Battery drains cause OS is re-syncing EVERYTHING. Give it a day to a week and it should be top notch.
    2) Follow what the notification says and it should go away. Took me a few tries...
    3) Did you restart your phone after an install? That fixed my laggy apps. Maybe it's the same as 1) and they're re-syncing settings, etc.
    +1
    Did the same... and the battery power draw became normal...
    Just noticed a little bit of lags in apps.. but i think that should go away...
    And the phone gets warm because it's re syncing everything for the search app..
    It should be fine in few hours...

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 09:38 PM
    I don't like the green highlights/words. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied. Those on screen instructions were annoying but thankfully following them went away.
    05-16-13 12:14 AM
    Yes give it time. The phone is working for you. A restart wouldn't hurt. No need for a battery pull. Just hold the power button down.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 12:57 AM
    If you guys really don't need to do a restore from 10.0, a fresh install goes a long way. The battery has been exceptional for me ever since I did a fresh install.
    05-16-13 01:04 AM
    It's always a fresh install as far as I know. You lose everything after the install.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:06 AM
    If you guys really don't need to do a restore from 10.0, a fresh install goes a long way. The battery has been exceptional for me ever since I did a fresh install.
    It's always a fresh install as far as I know. You lose everything after the install.

Posted via CB10
    Updating OTA, you will not lose everything. Updating via autoloader you will. I meant to say, the phone performs better if you DO NOT restore your backed up data.
    05-16-13 01:24 AM
    Percentage option has been added to the calculator app now. About time.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:28 AM
    Percentage option has been added to the calculator app now. About time.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. Thanks to all you people who don't know how percentage works.. Now the calculator is less usable. You have to switch back and forth to different screens for buttons. Landscape doesn't work now.
    05-16-13 02:38 AM
    Updating OTA, you will not lose everything. Updating via autoloader you will. I meant to say, the phone performs better if you DO NOT restore your backed up data.
    Who wouldn't restore their data though?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 04:22 AM
    Who wouldn't restore their data though?

Posted via CB10
    I think I get it. I don't restore my data. What I do is drag the files such as docs, music, videos, and photos either to my computer or a box. I don't use the bblink backup feature. I hate using those, even for PC's, because it always backs up things I don't want or sometimes it misses something.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 05:54 AM
    On Reddit, users can upvote or downvote posts. When a good post gets a substantial amount of upvotes, it appears on the front page with other awesome posts. Other not-so discussion worthy posts get downvoted into oblivion.

Sometimes I wish I could do that here haha.

Posted via CB10
    Marcus make it happen!

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-16-13 05:54 AM
    I think I get it. I don't restore my data. What I do is drag the files such as docs, music, videos, and photos either to my computer or a box. I don't use the bblink backup feature. I hate using those, even for PC's, because it always backs up things I don't want or sometimes it misses something.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much what I do, I just dump all on the SD card, re setup email accounts, download my contacts using intouchapp, and re download all my apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:59 AM