Hey guys. Having Issues once I'm logged into Skype with my Microsoft ID. I get extreme lag where I cannot even use gestures to minimize the frame. I restart my phone and my phone runs smooth when I'm not logged in to Skype.

Any solutions out there??

Running 10.1.0.273 with an STL-003 on Fido.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 04:27 PM
    Skype does lag the first 10 seconds it starts, and you would never find it as smooth as the system even after an hour. It's Android. It's just good for Voice and Video calls but so poor when it comes to texting.
    05-15-13 04:57 PM
    I can't get Skype to connect to the camera for nothing, just a black screen in the bottom right corner

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:51 AM
    It seems most people claiming to have Skype working flawlessly.... have a tiny contact list.. lol

Every z10 ive tried, I've only been able to log into my alternate accounts with a small number of contacts. As soon as I try to log into any accounts with a good number contacts, phone lags for like 30secs at a time and only leave a few seconds in between to try to log out.
    05-16-13 10:41 AM
    I have yet another problem and that is a notification that keeps appearing telling me that I'm online. This kept happening even after I,

1) turned off Skype notifications
    2) closed Skype
    3) force closed Skype
    4) uninstalled Skype

Fortunately, almost everybody I know has a PlayBook or Z10 or is getting one soon and the Video Chat works beautifully. I'll wait until Skype puts a little more effort into the platform before reinstalling, although if the expanded BBM is successful I may not even have to do that. Here's hoping...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:56 AM
    The notification is there to insure that skype stays running in the background.

To turn in off, you have to go within the skype settings and turn off status notification. But I'm pretty sure if you do that, skype won't run in the background/it will eventually close
    Bungalow_Bill likes this.
    05-16-13 11:45 AM
    Not running 10.1 yet but I always got a feeling bbm video is waaraan smoother and faster
    Skype seems to have a slight video to audio lag, or maybe it's just me
    Ooh wait I am not running the official app, I am running the side loaded on
    Maybe that's it

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:54 AM
    Yup, nah.uhh is right. I turned off the status notification within Skype and it does not run in the background anymore. I had to keep that setting enable to prevent Skype from closing in the background if I X out.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:56 AM
    cross platform bbm will make skype useless on mobile phones i think
    05-16-13 11:57 AM
    Does Skype being a terrible app count as an issue?

Posted via CB10
    bobauckland likes this.
    05-16-13 12:03 PM
    Does Skype being a terrible app count as an issue?

Posted via CB10
    I lol'd...
    05-16-13 12:05 PM
    Got it, works excellent, abused it for a while. No issues, just getting used to it .@ Rogers
    05-16-13 12:46 PM
    The notification is there to insure that skype stays running in the background.

To turn in off, you have to go within the skype settings and turn off status notification. But I'm pretty sure if you do that, skype won't run in the background/it will eventually close
    Thanks. That explains it.

By the way. I just received a Skype call even though the app was uninstalled. The phone was Skype-ringing and vibrating but I had no way to answer it. I'd really prefer that when I uninstall something that it be removed entirely. This doesn't seem a very good demonstration of security.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:57 PM
    Closing skype does not remove online notification. To do that you need to log off from the app before closing it.

Posted from my lovely Z10
    05-16-13 05:16 PM