My GF is on Rogers and has contract left until March 2014. She wants to get a Q10 but they're asking 155$ for contract cancellation plus 199 for the phone.

Anyway for them to waive the fee as this is again a 3yr contact?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 11:29 AM
    Call and ask. My wife did that with 8 months left. Said her battery was no good, on her iPhone. Rogers waived the fee. That was a 4 going to a 5 iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 11:49 AM
    There are always ways to convince Rogers to play ball.

First don't talk to the baseline CSR's that answer your *611 call. They're nothing but script kiddies and will do everything possible to upset you.
    You need to go right to sales. Play the terrible automated phone tree game and dig for sales. (best bet is to ask the oracle (le Google) for the sales number.
    Remind them of how long you've been a customer. Remind them, your history is good and that YOU are loyal, but them drop a hint that you know Belus is offering a deal to entice you over. Say, "I'm hoping Rogers can do something for me here"

Again remind them of how loyal you are and switching isn't your first choice.

Good luck.
    05-15-13 01:11 PM
    There are always ways to convince Rogers to play ball.

First don't talk to the baseline CSR's that answer your *611 call. They're nothing but script kiddies and will do everything possible to upset you.
    You need to go right to sales. Play the terrible automated phone tree game and dig for sales. (best bet is to ask the oracle (le Google) for the sales number.
    Remind them of how long you've been a customer. Remind them, your history is good and that YOU are loyal, but them drop a hint that you know Belus is offering a deal to entice you over. Say, "I'm hoping Rogers can do something for me here"

Again remind them of how loyal you are and switching isn't your first choice.

Good luck.
    Agreed... I had to keep on saying!!! "you can't help me with this.....please transfer me to retentions!!!"
    I had to repeat that about 9 times before the stupid agent transferred me, it was ridiculous and wasting of time!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 10:28 AM
    I was able to get half off my early upgrade fee, waive the administration fee, and have no flex tab. Plus receive 5$ off my monthly bill. Call, be polite. You may even try that your phone is water damaged.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 05:31 AM
    Ask for retention right away, that's how I got my 6 gb $30 data, waived $50 unlock fee $5 a month discount and several early upgrades.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 07:23 PM
    Call and ask to speak to the customer relations department. Tell them you are interested in upgrading to the q10 but have looked at rates from other carriers and are considering switching.

I got my entire early cancellation fee waived doing this and a big discount on my monthly bill.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 07:27 PM
    My GF is on Rogers and has contract left until March 2014. She wants to get a Q10 but they're asking 155$ for contract cancellation plus 199 for the phone.

Anyway for them to waive the fee as this is again a 3yr contact?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Prolly not as rogers is tighter now than ever before adjusting ehup fees! You can always try to ask retentions or loyalties but I don't think they'll budge!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:22 PM
    I was able to get half off my early upgrade fee, waive the administration fee, and have no flex tab. Plus receive 5$ off my monthly bill. Call, be polite. You may even try that your phone is water damaged.

Posted via CB10
    Same with my last HUP was in Oct 2012. The ret agent waived the admin35$, 50% off ehup fee, 20$ off msf 36 mnths.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 11:56 AM
    I have found calling in to be the best option. NEVER go in to a Rogers store, they are stone rigid and no exceptions. Got my z10 on release day, preordered online, went to the store and paid 500 bucks for early Canx (1 year left) plus activation and some other BS.

Z10 via CB10
    09-12-13 08:47 AM
    Go into a bell or Telus store and tell them what you wanna do and what rogers is wanting you to pay, then usually they'll give you a way better price that you call rogers and tell them about it.

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    09-12-13 09:29 AM
    My GF is on Rogers...
    That is unfortunate for your GF.
    09-12-13 09:40 AM
    I did it after 2 yes and paid $49 for my Z10. New contact but can upgrade cheap after 2 yrs.

Sounds too expensive with less than a year to go.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    09-12-13 09:57 AM
    I only asked once got early upgrade fee waived as well as administrator fees and a 50 credit towards my new phone had 8 months remaining on my contract ended up walking out of store z10 in hand only paying 19.99 this was back in the start of February. Thanks Rogers!

IROC-Z10 But Mostly She Rocks Me!!
    09-13-13 05:30 PM