I ran the update to 10.1 last night (Rogers).

I now have an annoying bar across the middle of the home screens that says "recent apps to left" and then runs a white circle right to left to demonstrate.

How do I turn that off or get rid of it?

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    05-15-13 11:13 AM
    Go left And right a few times and it should go away

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 11:14 AM
    Swipe left... then swipe right....it will then go away.
    tfp likes this.
    05-15-13 11:15 AM
    Follow the instructions to get rid of the bar. Swipe all the way to the right, then all the way back again into and out of the Hub.
    blakobecwa likes this.
    05-15-13 11:15 AM
    I find it humourous how many people have trouble following on screen instructions.
    05-15-13 11:16 AM
    I find it humourous how many people have trouble following on screen instructions.
    Lol me too. People complain because they need to make phones idi*t proof. So they do that, and it's like some people just get dumber.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and thatplaybookguy like this.
    05-15-13 11:22 AM
    Double post
    tfp likes this.
    05-15-13 11:23 AM
    So true everyone just rushes now a days

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 11:28 AM
    "swipe to the left"

hmmm what do I do?
    tfp likes this.
    05-15-13 11:28 AM
    I ran the update to 10.1 last night (Rogers).

I now have an annoying bar across the middle of the home screens that says "recent apps to left" and then runs a white circle right to left to demonstrate.

How do I turn that off or get rid of it?

Posted via CB10

Exactly what do you mean annoying? Because after following the instructions once it kept showing up? That type of annoying?

Or is it annoying because you see instructions right in front you, and you completely freeze and stare at it like deer caught in the headlights.

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy and tfp like this.
    05-15-13 11:29 AM
    and its even demonstrated
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    05-15-13 11:29 AM
    Lol me too. People complain because they need to make phones idi*t proof. So they do that, and it's like some people just get dumber.

Posted via CB10
    That's what the iPhone is catering to.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-15-13 11:30 AM
    The guy asked to be helped, not ridiculed?????
    CMcRob and rick0415 like this.
    05-15-13 11:40 AM
    Life is SO not fair sometimes...
    05-15-13 11:42 AM
    It's common sense. It's like a asking someone how to sit on a chair. Yeah we are probably being a little harsh, but seriously?

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-15-13 11:43 AM
    Could we also get (permanently) rid of the message that another power plug would load the device faster?
    Pretty annoying: every time I connect it to my carloader, this message appears.
    05-15-13 12:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Any time you build something idi*t proof, someone builds a bigger idi*t.
    05-15-13 12:08 PM
    Yeah, someone at work was asking the same thing. Just told them to take 1 minute and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you go through the "tutorial", it will disappear and never come back.
    05-15-13 12:14 PM
    Come on dude, this has been covered ad-nausium. Even in your own posting you write the solution. You obvously know what demonstration means, so why not follow it and then it will go away.

Sheeeeshhh
    05-15-13 12:26 PM
    Anyone notice the cool new loading screen in the Hub upon a reboot or a refresh of the Hub? Kind of a nice addition.

Posted via CB10
    SchmoopieRawks likes this.
    05-15-13 12:28 PM
    Anyone notice the cool new loading screen in the Hub upon a reboot or a refresh of the Hub? Kind of a nice addition.

Posted via CB10
    I noticed that too

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:30 PM
    Annoying because I have swiped that damn thing a dozen times today and every time I have to re-enter my password - there it is, back again.

I mistakenly thought someone in this kindergarten might be remotely helpful. I was wrong.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:35 PM
    Even more interesting - I plugged my phone into my car charger today and that bar came up advising me that I could charge the phone faster if I used the supplied BB charger cable.

Interesting.

10.1 seems to be trying to cater to all the people that had complaints or didn't know how to pick up things on their own... which is fine because clearly they had too many returns due to people saying the phone was "too complicated."

Good to see them being proactive about this but I'd really love an option to turn the stupid-proof advisor bar off.

-Chris-
    05-15-13 12:44 PM
    Annoying because I have swiped that damn thing a dozen times today and every time I have to re-enter my password - there it is, back again.

I mistakenly thought someone in this kindergarten might be remotely helpful. I was wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Could you help me fix my engine?

Hmm. Now if I ask that question, wouldn't it be nice to get some background info?

Maybe you need to go back to school.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:48 PM
    I hear you. I've been a BB user since 2006, majority of that time as a corporate user. But the past few years I had purchased BB's for my personal phones since I just got used to working with my company one. I had signed up on Crackberry and other similar forums when I was new to my personal device and often the replies were just other members bashing me for asking "stupid questions" or making random ahole comments.

I left BB for personal use in June 2012 and bought an iphone as I was sick of everything was always made for iphone or android. Anyhow, I pre-ordered my Z10 as I've always been a hardcore BB fan/user so subsequently made this new account. It seems like you're getting the regular forum treatment so not much has changed from my previous experience.
    tmb2013 likes this.
    05-15-13 12:50 PM
35 12