I have not switched to T-MO yet, but I have a question about the way their picture messaging works. My friend has T-MO, and in order to even view her picture messages she has to go online!!! What is the deal here??!! But I will add this...She does not have internet on her phone, but she does have email...Will this make a difference?? For all you folks out there that have internet as well, do you STILL have to go online to view messages???
    Thanks for your help..I appreciate it
    10-09-08 11:18 AM
    I believe that you would need some sort of MMS package. I have the unlimited messaging package with TMO and have no problem viewing pictures.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 11:22 AM
    That's because she has no data plan.

10-09-08 11:25 AM
    I have not switched to T-MO yet, but I have a question about the way their picture messaging works. My friend has T-MO, and in order to even view her picture messages she has to go online!!! What is the deal here??!! But I will add this...She does not have internet on her phone, but she does have email...Will this make a difference?? For all you folks out there that have internet as well, do you STILL have to go online to view messages???
    Thanks for your help..I appreciate it
    I have TMO and do not have to go online to view photos. I do have internet on my phone. You probably need some sort of MMS package.
    10-09-08 11:48 AM
    no, its just a very good option, all I have is a razor and I send pic messages
    10-09-08 11:53 AM
    TMo does something funky about having to send one before you can receive one. Has she sent one yet?
    10-09-08 02:25 PM
    I would like to know about it too. I have a text plan and never tried sending a pic without using email. I know my wife got a pic sent to her once and it said to go online and view it. When I was with verizon it was the same way.
    10-09-08 06:41 PM
    TMo does something funky about having to send one before you can receive one. Has she sent one yet?
    This is exactly what I learned today, when I had t-mo on the phone. They instructed me to send two photo messagew to myself, and suggested that would 'throw the switch' as it were. Unfortunately for me, there are enough issues with my phone that it didn't work.

10-09-08 07:29 PM
    Don't know about that, but I've been sending & receiving MMS pics for a long time. You just have to have a text plan 400 for $4.99 mo, 1000 for $9.99 mo, and Unlimited for $14.99 mo. No data plan required.
    10-10-08 08:52 PM
    The only tmobile phone I know of that you have to log online are sidekicks. Which is another reason why they suck :x

10-11-08 07:51 PM
    No its just you have to send a photo to your self one time register the whole mms service I think send it to 2222 and after that you can receive messages no problem and send as well dats even with the sidekick too

10-11-08 11:51 PM
    Sorry chrisjon I've been meaning to get in here for you.

My friend has T-MO, and in order to even view her picture messages she has to go online!!! What is the deal here??!! But I will add this...She does not have internet on her phone, but she does have email...Will this make a difference??
    There is no reason why you or your friend should ever have to go online to view your messages. I know exactly what you're talking about, she'll get a message that says something like "you have been sent a picture message to view your message go here and use your regular name and password etc"
    Forget it that's not supposed to happen.
    Do this:

On your or her berry menu>options>mms>(you may have to go to advanced options to locate mms depending on SW) and from mms the first two lines you see:

Multimedia Reception:
    Automatic Retrieval:

Usually the first one is set to always and the 2nd one is set to home only
    Change the second one to always and then save that.

If that doesn't resolve the issue call tech support and have them check out the MMSC tool. they should know what to do from there.

as far as requirements:
    you do not NEED to pay for a data feature just to access MMS and T-zones you will need the BB Voice Add on feature. it's a free tag we can put on the account that will register you to RIM and open your data gates.
    no you won't get full internet or email but you will be able to send MMS. Most reps refer to it as the "blackberry enabler"

and viola you are done..
    10-12-08 10:29 AM
    No its just you have to send a photo to your self one time register the whole mms service I think send it to 2222 and after that you can receive messages no problem and send as well dats even with the sidekick too

actually sending a MMS to 222 (3 2's not 4) will send that MMS to your album.
    10-12-08 10:31 AM
    No you don't need some type of mms plan, if you have a messaging plan of any sort you'll be fine. If not then you will have to go online with tmo it has nothing to do with data because before I got my data plan I could send and receive.

10-13-08 12:37 AM
    all the pics sent to my phone show up just fine... I think you just need mms to be enabled on your t-mobile account�

10-13-08 12:42 AM
    if you have a blackberry. You need to call 611 and speak to the blackberry dept. there is a Free Feature that will enable MMS Data for blackberry.
    10-13-08 08:57 AM
    i just got this issue resolved myself as of yesterday. im new to BB and T-Mobile. i came over from SunCom (i think T-mobile bought them out) but the issue was on the back end. i had to go online to view pics. ive spent hours on the phone with tech support and it took a week but they fixed it.
    10-13-08 06:32 PM
    I have a blackberry curve in I had mms on the phone from the start the only thing I had to call T-mo for was for I can get the free service plan for I can get on the facebook app over wifi.
    10-26-08 09:32 PM
    All you do is call them and they send you a free mms thing right away, No big deal. It's called feature enabler or some such name. It's FREE
    10-27-08 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD