I am a 9900 user now on a Q10. The phone icon used to be a button you had to press so I never had issues mistakenly calling anyone in my phone log by accident. Now it is happening a few times a day. I carry my phone with me everywhere if I forget to click the button at the top, that very sensitive phone button is calling people all the time. I would love to be able to disable it and use a keyboard shortcut (or at least have icon that I can move to the second screen). It's really embarassing and such an annoyance.

My only workaround is to clear my phone log daily, which defeats the whole purpose.

Am I the only one? I don't want to use a holster. I'm a woman and have no where to put that thing when wearing skirts.
    05-15-13 09:29 AM
    Garter belt holster mount?
    Sorry, kidding...

Have you tried changing the screen timeout so it turns off by itself a bit sooner?
    05-15-13 09:50 AM
    How about the leather pouch? Bit more compact than the holster without the clip.

Ultimately though, it's a touchscreen and it's a phone - that phone option is there on the homescreen because at its core, it's still a phone. I'd suggest trying to train yourself to hit that button before putting your phone away. Even now, I use the pouch and I still hit the lock button prior to putting it back into there.

JB
    05-15-13 10:32 AM
    Personally, to avoid this problem, I use the official BlackBerry flip shell case. It provides perfect protection as well as covers the screen whilst in your pocket, therefore preventing the pocket dials. Also, the red indicator light is visible through a tiny lens in the case. When the leather cover part is flipped open, it simply hangs down at the bottom and is totally not in the way during long typings like this one.

Posted via CB10
    syah iejam likes this.
    05-20-13 04:09 PM
    Go get the BlackBerry Q10 flip shell case, problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 04:10 PM
    I agree with luvsql -- I want to TOTALLY DISABLE the touch screen, FOREVER. It's not just **** dials while in my pocket, it's all the weird things that happen when I pick the phone up off my desk, brush my cheek while on the phone, try to scroll the screen and accidentally touch a hot link, try to scroll and instead get some kind of "swipe from edge..," etc etc I really really really hate touch screens. I've used it for months, I thought I'd get used to it, and I hate the touch screen more every day.

When I'm working, I want to keep my attention on my work. I do not want to put any attention on the phone and all the random behaviors that occur because my dexterity is apparently a bit below the norm. Any kind of randomness or unpredictability is the difference between something I want to use and something I simply won't.

I want phone, email, text, calendar, contacts, and a simple browser. I want 100% reliability and predictability for those five functions. There is *nothing* that can be added anywhere that can possibly make up for even a small loss on those five. A touch screen is a total loser for me.

How do I lose the touch screen?

I am even willing to consider using a solvent to remove the touch screen off the surface, if it will leave a usably smooth surface underneath.
    12-03-14 06:49 AM
    I agree with luvsql -- I want to TOTALLY DISABLE the touch screen, FOREVER. It's not just **** dials while in my pocket, it's all the weird things that happen when I pick the phone up off my desk, brush my cheek while on the phone, try to scroll the screen and accidentally touch a hot link, try to scroll and instead get some kind of "swipe from edge..," etc etc I really really really hate touch screens. I've used it for months, I thought I'd get used to it, and I hate the touch screen more every day.

When I'm working, I want to keep my attention on my work. I do not want to put any attention on the phone and all the random behaviors that occur because my dexterity is apparently a bit below the norm. Any kind of randomness or unpredictability is the difference between something I want to use and something I simply won't.

I want phone, email, text, calendar, contacts, and a simple browser. I want 100% reliability and predictability for those five functions. There is *nothing* that can be added anywhere that can possibly make up for even a small loss on those five. A touch screen is a total loser for me.

How do I lose the touch screen?

I am even willing to consider using a solvent to remove the touch screen off the surface, if it will leave a usably smooth surface underneath.
    The phone is touch screen, you are stuck in this world of all touch phones. Get yourself a BlackBerry Curve 9360 or something and be done with it.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:30 AM
    Simplest ways to disable the touch screen phone button:

1. enable screen lock using either a shortcut, like pressing the A key on the 9900,
    2. use a shorter delay to invoke screen lock,
    3. use the hardware power button to invoke screen lock/unlock whenever you want to,
    4. hide phone icon in a useless apps folder and place it on your last homescreen out of the way (and use one of the above methods).
    5. get the Power Tools app from AppWorld and customize to your heart's content!

Then you don't need a Q10 dropdown/clamshell/otterbox/whatever case - naked as a breeze!
    12-03-14 10:12 AM
    The push the power button 3 times in a row works.
    06-26-15 04:45 AM
    I put mine in a crap folder along with the other stuff I don't use. The tiny phone icon on the bottom is enough for me and I never ever pocket dial.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 09:21 AM
    PocketSafe will prevent your phone from pocket typing/dialing and will even prevent your cheek from hitting touchscreen buttons while on a call.

PocketSafe is out now, and you can get it free for a limited time (promo ends August 1st).

Promo code:
    POCKETSAFEFREE

If you prefer paying for it , head over here :
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59967056

Posted via CB10
    iRetired likes this.
    07-28-15 09:32 PM
    When using PocketSafe, to prevent getting the pop up every time your hand passes close to the sensor you can use battery saving mode. Swipe down from top of screen and you will see the Settings button. Turn on battery saving mode. With this option turned on the app will only function if it detects a close object within 10 seconds after the screen turns on. That will solve your problem. However, with battery saving on, your screen must be turned off before putting the phone in your pocket. Otherwise you will not be protected from pocket dialing until your screen turns off automatically, which may never happen if it begins pocket dialing right after it goes in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 10:12 PM