We know the issue plagued, and by many accounts, ruined the z10 experience. Is there any stability issue with the Q10? Just want to know so I can jump ship.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 09:20 AM
    My Z10 doesn't reboot.
    Snazy and pinkvikchick like this.
    05-15-13 09:23 AM
    Mine doesn't reboot either, never done it once.
    And no, the Q hasn't done it either.
    05-15-13 09:25 AM
    People seem to think that all Z10s reboot....

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 09:26 AM
    People seem to think that all Z10s reboot....

Posted via CB10
    lol would certainly seem that way.
    Sure wouldn't say its 'plagued' with the issue.
    05-15-13 09:27 AM
    I didn't ask if your z10's rebooted. I asked if the Q10 has the same stability issues that are well documented as a frequent problem with the first BB10 device.

If you aren't contributing to the original question, please leave.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 09:29 AM
    From what we know the Q10 doesn't reboot.

Posted via CB10
    nappp and Ironkidz like this.
    05-15-13 09:42 AM
    I didn't ask if your z10's rebooted. I asked if the Q10 has the same stability issues that are well documented as a frequent problem with the first BB10 device.

If you aren't contributing to the original question, please leave.

Posted via CB10
    Errm I would say the replies DO contribute to the question, especially as I just said my Q does NOT reboot. But then I also pointed out that my Z didnt either, therefore I am unaware of the problem the Z is 'plagued' with.

It may have been discussed at some length on forums etc, but it isnt as wide spread as your post suggests.

Thanks
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    05-15-13 09:44 AM
    My Q10 rebooted once on the day I received it. But since then nothing happened (keeping my fingers crossed)...
    05-15-13 09:53 AM
    Errm I would say the replies DO contribute to the question, especially as I just said my Q does NOT reboot. But then I also pointed out that my Z didnt either, therefore I am unaware of the problem the Z is 'plagued' with.

It may have been discussed at some length on forums etc, but it isnt as wide spread as your post suggests.

Thanks
    You are unaware of the problem? You have over 1600 posts and you are unaware of the problem? Go into the Z10 forum and see that over half of Z10 users have had a random reboot with 30%-40% of Z10 users are reporting frequent random reboots. If that doesn't qualify as as a "widespread" issue, I don't know what does. That is by all definitions an epidemic.

Don't be a troll and hide you head in the sand.
    05-15-13 07:04 PM
    You are unaware of the problem? You have over 1600 posts and you are unaware of the problem? Go into the Z10 forum and see that over half of Z10 users have had a random reboot with 30%-40% of Z10 users are reporting frequent random reboots. If that doesn't qualify as as a "widespread" issue, I don't know what does. That is by all definitions an epidemic.

Don't be a troll and hide you head in the sand.
    Not sure how you get that over half of Z10 users experience this issue based on forum posts... it's as scientific as the channel checks performed by those shorting BlackBerry stock.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 07:17 PM
    Personally, I wonder if the battery might not be the cause of the reboots as I had reboots and bad battery life which went away when T-Mobile sent me a new battery!

Posted via CB10
    nappp likes this.
    05-15-13 07:22 PM
    My q has yet to pull a random reboot on me.

Posted Via Q10
    Ironkidz and nappp like this.
    05-15-13 07:39 PM
    Not sure how you get that over half of Z10 users experience this issue based on forum posts... it's as scientific as the channel checks performed by those shorting BlackBerry stock.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=802290

Do you have more precise reporting? It's a blackberry fan site, if anything the unfavorable results would be suppressed here and the numbers would be skewed in the other direction. I have about 6 friends with z10's and along with myself 2 of my friends are having reboot issues. So 3 out of 7 are having issues in my own control group. Don't make it a conspiracy. There was a survey in the z10 forums and those were the results. The phone has reboot issues.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-15-13 07:55 PM
    Do you have more precise reporting? It's a blackberry fan site, if anything the unfavorable results would be suppressed here and the numbers would be skewed in the other direction. I have about 6 friends with z10's and along with myself 2 of my friends are having reboot issues. So 3 out of 7 are having issues in my own control group. Don't make it a conspiracy. There was a survey in the z10 forums and those were the results. The phone has reboot issues.

Posted via CB10
    Not making it a conspiracy theory I'm just saying that you should not claim a certain percentage of people have the issue just based on the forums... not everyone who has a Z10 or Q10 is on CrackBerry and not everyone who is not experiencing these issues is going to feel compelled to respond to the threads or polls about it... having said that I have experienced the random reboot and bad battery life which both went away after T-Mobile sent me a new battery.

Posted via CB10
    Snazy and Frenchman75 like this.
    05-15-13 08:06 PM
    If 50% of Z10 were rebooting, the BlackBerry stock would be at 6$ (random low number, lol) at the moment and it would be all over the news. It's clearly an issue even if it's not everyone and it needs to be addressed by BlackBerry.
    Snazy and Frenchman75 like this.
    05-15-13 08:10 PM
    Also looked at the poll and I am not sure that proves anything as it is still only about 500 votes out of maybe a million Z10 sales which would figure to be a poll of .05% of the user base...

Posted via CB10
    Frenchman75 likes this.
    05-15-13 08:16 PM
    The Q10 reboots when you reboot it. Yes. Randomly? No.

The Z10 reboots when you reboot it. Yes. Randomly? No.

Posted via CB10
    Gatmyer and Snazy like this.
    05-15-13 08:27 PM
    The Z10 reboots when you reboot it. Yes. Randomly? No.

Posted via CB10
    You keep telling yourself that for long enough and maybe one day it will be true.

Posted via CB10
    zeteo likes this.
    05-15-13 08:30 PM
    If 50% of Z10 were rebooting, the BlackBerry stock would be at 6$ (random low number, lol) at the moment and it would be all over the news. It's clearly an issue even if it's not everyone and it needs to be addressed by BlackBerry.
    That's fair, but remember that Apple botched their maps and it had a minimal impact on their stock price. Z10 is hardly in the media to begin with so this issue is not likely to get much if any attention from the media who spend their tech segment time talking about Samsung and Apple. (case in point, Google I/O is getting way more press than BlackberryLive). The testimony and data suggests that it is a serious problem as you said, and I know not everyone is experiencing it, but a significant percentage of users are.

Posted via CB10
    Krnmc likes this.
    05-15-13 08:36 PM
    I'll chime I'm here, my z10 has never rebooted unless I made it. I have never submitted a poll response.. like probably most of the others that haven't had an issue.

I'm not saying it is not an issue for some, just that it is very unlikely that it is at the 30 - 40% mark... people are always more likely to complain than not... even on a 'BlackBerry' positive site..

It is of course possible that your 'control' group has devices from the same plant, or even the same batch... which would explain the issue if it is hardware related...

Yeah.. from the ZED on CB10
    .pinkberry, sk8er_tor and Snazy like this.
    05-15-13 08:42 PM
    My Q10 only reboots when I pull the battery out and replace it
    05-15-13 08:43 PM
    I would also appreciate knowing if the new Q10 reboots randomly. That was the deciding factor for me to return the Z10 to Verizon and go back to my 9930 until the OS gets fixed for all users. I often looked at my phone awaiting an urgent text reply and found the phone to be on reboot mode. My 9930 has never once done that and is so much easier to use.
    Ironkidz likes this.
    05-15-13 08:50 PM
    We know the issue plagued, and by many accounts, ruined the z10 experience. Is there any stability issue with the Q10? Just want to know so I can jump ship.

Posted via CB10
    thank you for your overall question of this. I have also been researching this subject. Kevin's front page post originally said there wasn't any or need for reboots. something like that. I have been looking for real user's feedback on this, so thank you as well to the posters who are saying that their Qs don't reboot randomly

Sent from an ATM
    Ironkidz likes this.
    05-15-13 08:50 PM
    I have my Q10 since roughly 5 days now and so far no unwanted reboot happened. In fact, the device hasn't rebooted once since I got it.

Posted via CB10
    Ironkidz likes this.
    05-15-13 08:58 PM
139 123 ...