Walked into a coffee shop and saw a guy I know works at a local verizon store. I asked him about the 10.1 update and he pulled his Z10 out and said "I wish". Said we might not even get it as verizon does not want blackberry to be successful or the people happy. They want them to be frustrated and move to phones verizon can make real money at. Said he got serious crap for getting a Z10 and was told not to show it off and to have either an iphone or android device on him for people to see. He said he loves his Z10 and hopes he is wrong but if we do see the update it won't be for quite a while and virtually everything you here from verizon is a lie. Says he hates the company and their policies toward keeping customers happy and giving the customer what they want. He said do not for any reason believe the verizon phone guys when they say they have no info or don't know. Most read all the phone sites. Also seems the verizon chat feature is down. Guess they are updating their scripts. And no I won't disclose what store or area he works at. He is on our side.
    Stephen C. likes this.
    05-15-13 09:08 AM
    Apple and android are getting the 'heat' of BlackBerry, the old boy who is now back in the block.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 10:07 AM
    that is kind of bad and sad....someone should report to the business bureau or fair trade centre
    05-15-13 10:13 AM
    Verizon doesn't like their customer I guess
    05-15-13 10:14 AM
    It happened to my mum at Vodacom in South Africa too. She wanted a Torch bit the salesman convinced her to get a Galaxy S2. A lady who isn't tech savvy walked away with a data-greedy phone she broke two weeks later. Do they get more commission on the "other two"?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 11:25 AM
    I'm not saying it isn't exactly like the associate says, but, I find it doubtful as I've seen VZW commercials for the Zed more than I have from any other US carrier. If they are not pushing it at that store it is likely the store manager making that decision based on their personal beliefs on what customers should get or maybe commissions, bonuses, or the like. VZW has even gone so far as to back up some of the information from BlackBerry regarding sales figures and information that was misleading on the part of financial journalists.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 11:40 AM
    I'm not saying it isn't exactly like the associate says, but, I find it doubtful as I've seen VZW commercials for the Zed more than I have from any other US carrier. If they are not pushing it at that store it is likely the store manager making that decision based on their personal beliefs on what customers should get or maybe commissions, bonuses, or the like. VZW has even gone so far as to back up some of the information from BlackBerry regarding sales figures and information that was misleading on the part of financial journalists.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with Russ on this one!
    russworman likes this.
    05-15-13 11:47 AM
    I had a student come to my class to "see your new Blackberry". Right. He knocked on the door to ask to see it. And he said he is going to buy one after school. And he said his brother was due an upgrade and wanted the Z10 and a VZW rep talked him into a Galaxy S something...3 or 4 whatever is out a relatively new....and the kid doesn't like it. He is taking it back for the Z today. So score 2 Z10's for the good guys!

And VZW makes me sick. I posted in another thread about my convo with a Level 2 tech about the OS updates. They say they have nothing to do with it. So looks like I will be sideloading the leak on my phone real soon.
    05-15-13 12:25 PM
    Leak works great...

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:30 PM
    I had a student come to my class to "see your new Blackberry". Right. He knocked on the door to ask to see it. And he said he is going to buy one after school. And he said his brother was due an upgrade and wanted the Z10 and a VZW rep talked him into a Galaxy S something...3 or 4 whatever is out a relatively new....and the kid doesn't like it. He is taking it back for the Z today. So score 2 Z10's for the good guys!

And VZW makes me sick. I posted in another thread about my convo with a Level 2 tech about the OS updates. They say they have nothing to do with it. So looks like I will be sideloading the leak on my phone real soon.
    I saw your other post, vzw sounds like a terrible carrier to be with from what I've been reading

Posted via Sega Genesis
    05-15-13 12:33 PM
    yea, i too think its the opposite. VZW is REALLY pushing BB10 more than any other carrier. in addition, if you google VZ CEO Blackberry, you will see that VZ said it themselves that they are tired of the Apple/ Android market, and want to push other devices out there.

some examples:

Verizon CEO: Apple-Google Duopoly Needs These Rivals | Wall St. Cheat Sheet

Verizon Wireless CEO wants to see BlackBerry, Windows Phone succeed
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-15-13 12:40 PM
    Walked into a coffee shop and saw a guy I know works at a local verizon store. I asked him about the 10.1 update and he pulled his Z10 out and said "I wish". Said we might not even get it as verizon does not want blackberry to be successful or the people happy. They want them to be frustrated and move to phones verizon can make real money at. Said he got serious crap for getting a Z10 and was told not to show it off and to have either an iphone or android device on him for people to see. He said he loves his Z10 and hopes he is wrong but if we do see the update it won't be for quite a while and virtually everything you here from verizon is a lie. Says he hates the company and their policies toward keeping customers happy and giving the customer what they want. He said do not for any reason believe the verizon phone guys when they say they have no info or don't know. Most read all the phone sites. Also seems the verizon chat feature is down. Guess they are updating their scripts. And no I won't disclose what store or area he works at. He is on our side.
    This seems very hard to believe and not very credible.

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-15-13 01:13 PM
    This is more ridiculous than my "Multiple tiers of Customers" conspiracy theory. Much more.

~STV
    05-15-13 01:31 PM
    I doubt Verizon thinks it's customers are so stupid as to blame anyone but Verizon for holding back the updates at this point, considering just how many leaks have be put out that their customers have used successfully on Verizon Z10s.

Why would any business want to upset their customers by refusing to update their devices, knowing full well it would lead to canceled accounts and verbal abuse from irate/unreasonable customers who feel like screaming at people like a toddler?

Wait, this IS a North American telco... they do get their kicks abusing customers and driving employees to check themselves into mental hospitals after taking the resulting abuse.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:21 PM
    You know, something like this happened in Quebec, Canada. Telus Reps downtown Montreal were telling people not to buy the z10 because of various made up reasons. After reading this on the Crackberry Forums, I investigated by calling these stores. Yes, it was true. They pretty much laughed at for me for even thinking of buying a BlackBerry. The next step was Emailing and calling Telus Head Quarters. After a positive response from my complaints, you can now call those stores and Telus Reps will be glad to sell you a BlackBerry product. Don't let this crap go on. Tell someone besides us. Who knows why this is going on in that store? One thing for sure is, Head Office would not of invested so much effort to try and derail BlackBerry. If they did, they wouldn't of bothered acquiring BlackBerry products in the first place. It's not that I don't believe this reps story, it just seems out of wack for many reasons. It has to be a management problem within that store alone. Below is the original thread from my situation mentioned above. Do something! (Of course, I'm a bit nuts)

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-z10-780413/

Posted via CB10
    undone likes this.
    05-15-13 06:00 PM
    And as I mentioned i

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 06:28 PM
    And as I mentioned in my thread, a rep told one of my users that Verizon wasn't going to carry the q10. I wouldn't worry about 10.1 quite yet. They don't tell the reps anything.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 06:31 PM
    Sounds like a disgruntaled employee or someone into major drama. Verizon would not commit to selling a phone and then dis it all over the place. Most reps I have talked to have been professional and somewhat knowelagble about Bb10.
    05-20-13 03:38 PM
    Verizon always lack of support for blackberry platform.. starts from my 9930 as experience.. it's like seeing other kids getting gift(upgrades) everytime and big red dracula customers only get it once in a while.. frustated? yes.. I'm an iPhone/android owner.. red dracula simply pushing stuff that was align with their corporate interest.. another example : galaxy nexus failed on VZW platform because lack of supports compares to other carrier. In conclusions, 3 months more I'll have enough money to break my contract and ask family to switch to other carrier such as straight talk or better.. AT&T or T-mob(not the best service but their support for platform is un-deniable)
    05-22-13 01:30 AM
    It's simple Verizon has no secret agenda against blackberry and most individual sales people don't care but they will sell what they know and what's easiest to sell. If they have to spend even 10 more minutes with you to sell a z10 over an iPhone or android its not worth their time and effort. These people are uninformed under trained SALES people.

Posted via CB10
    jrdba likes this.
    05-23-13 03:06 AM
    What did he mean exactly by selling phones that helps make money?

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    05-25-13 09:46 PM
    I really don't believe this. If Verizon really doesn't care, why did they make a marketing campaign for the Z10? Why do they have big signs and displays in nearly all their stores? Why would they even pick up the Z10 and Q10 if they didn't think they would make money?

I have a hard time believing that Verizon really doesn't care.
    05-26-13 09:55 AM
    I seriously doubt this as well. VZW here has BB10 signs all over the place, nice displays and knowledgeable sales people on the BB products. Not to mention some very good prime time BB10 commercials VZW has put out. I know that's not true everywhere but more common than what the OP's conversation would have you believe. When I was trying to do a pre-order a couple of weeks ago I was dealing with the manager of our VZW corporate store who was also sporting a Z10 and loving it. I witnessed two sales reps pushing a Z over other phones as well as the one dealing with me the first time I went in to try A Z. I agree with other posters, if this episode is being recounted accurately, it sounds like a disgruntled employee or one totally into rumor mongering.
    ajst222 likes this.
    05-27-13 02:52 PM
    Mobile device sales reps are pretty much like used-car salespeople, personally I don't take what MOST of them say at face-value.

People are stupidly biased about things like mobile phone brands, and there will always be people who badmouth some product.

Before I bought my Z10 (first day of availability on Verizon), I called several Verizon company stores, trying to get a feel for inventory availability and general outlook of the staff on the product.

Some stores I called were helpful, some reps I talked to were downright excited, and every once in a while I got a rep or a store that didn't have one positive thing to say about the device.

Personally I think it has a lot to do with who is managing that particular Verizon storefront, and what their attitude is. The store that badmouthed the Z10 (and I had more than one person from that store give me that attitude) was also one of the few that didn't think they would have any inventory to sell either.

Gee, tell me it ain't so...
    05-29-13 08:52 PM