I'll tell you, the one think I am missing from the old legacy Blackberry is Quickpull for OS 10.
    frannip likes this.
    05-15-13 07:56 AM
    I'll tell you, the one think I am missing from the old legacy Blackberry is Quickpull for OS 10.
    You don't need it anymore. The power button does the same as QuickPull did.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    cdnrower likes this.
    05-15-13 07:57 AM
    I don't miss those pain in the a$$ "I'm running a quick pull" tweets !

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 08:13 AM
    You don't need it anymore. The power button does the same as QuickPull did.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    No, actually it doesn't. Powering down the Z10 is not the same as pulling the battery. If I don't pull the battery at least once a week I run into all sorts of problems like FB posts from my HUB not going through, not being able to receive picture messages and instead getting a "download now" message that does nothing in its place, severe lags while on the internet (in desktop mode), rearranged my picture folders on my SD card and then couldn't find them. I've tried powering down as I thought that was the same and it did nothing. I pulled the battery, everything resolved itself and magically all my picture folders appeared as albums just as I had intended.

We need a quickpull type APP. Developers please help.
    05-24-13 10:43 AM
    Hold down the power button until the blue starting image appears. I think that is equivalent to a "quick pull".

Posted via CB10
    cdnrower and laketrout73 like this.
    05-24-13 10:47 AM
    Hold down the power button until the blue starting image appears. I think that is equivalent to a "quick pull".

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:53 AM
    OH BOY!!!! Another "you don't need to do a battery pull" "yes, you do" threads!!! I'll go make popcorn.
    SteelGreek likes this.
    05-24-13 11:02 AM
    You really don't. Straight outta BlackBerry's mouth. Holding the power button down for 10 seconds until the LED turns a solid red does what a battery pull does.

Posted via CB10
    cdnrower and laketrout73 like this.
    05-24-13 11:05 AM
    OH BOY!!!! Another "you don't need to do a battery pull" "yes, you do" threads!!! I'll go make popcorn.
    Agreed. This forum is nowhere near as good as the 9900 forum. Just a bunch of babies thinking a brand new OS will have every feature and app on the planet on it upon its birth. I can't even come here for help anymore cuz my topics get pushed to the bottom by the whining topics. Sad really. What has the community come to?

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and JWWDUKE like this.
    05-24-13 11:07 AM
    Just curious but how often do you guys take the power supply out of your computer, or pull the battery out of your laptop, or GPS? The only time I have pulled the battery was to change the sim card lol since rogers made me do it. Still un-needed application for me anyways. Good luck
    05-24-13 11:17 AM
    I had a Dev Alpha A which doesn't have a removable battery, for 9 months, running beta OS releases. The PlayBook (same OS) doesn't have removable batteries. The power button is all you need.
    05-24-13 11:57 AM
    Just curious but how often do you guys take the power supply out of your computer, or pull the battery out of your laptop, or GPS? The only time I have pulled the battery was to change the sim card lol since rogers made me do it. Still un-needed application for me anyways. Good luck
    I've had several I pods that locked up on me and I could not get them going until they sat 12 to 24 hours and the battery completely died on them. if I could have removed the battery I would've. I've also had reset the electronics in my truck by disconnecting the battery.... lol there are very specific circumstances when a battery disconnect is what Is needed, but on a z10 it's rare, but I've heard of a couple where they were locked up and nothing they could do would get it going again until the battery was pulled.

Posted via CB10
    ndorazio likes this.
    05-24-13 03:45 PM
    OK posted before but I'll do it again, this phone is built on QNX just like a playbook, so the question needs to be asked can you easily remove the battery on a playbook? No you can't....

Then the hard reset of holding the power button for 10 seconds is the same just like on the playbook.....

This is not a legacy BlackBerry OS stop using the tricks from that os this one is different period

From the Zed of Rockivy
    05-24-13 03:49 PM
    No, actually it doesn't. Powering down the Z10 is not the same as pulling the battery. If I don't pull the battery at least once a week I run into all sorts of problems like FB posts from my HUB not going through, not being able to receive picture messages and instead getting a "download now" message that does nothing in its place, severe lags while on the internet (in desktop mode), rearranged my picture folders on my SD card and then couldn't find them. I've tried powering down as I thought that was the same and it did nothing. I pulled the battery, everything resolved itself and magically all my picture folders appeared as albums just as I had intended.

We need a quickpull type APP. Developers please help.
    I think you need to update your OS or something because I'm not seeing a single problem you are describing yet my device is on 24/7 without any battery pulls.

Also, the power button can do a hard restart, just press it and hold it for 10 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 03:57 PM
    Might need the app for the Q5 seeing as it has no removable battery.... Might be on to something there...
    05-24-13 03:58 PM
    Have you ever thought about how quick pull did it's job? Did it SMS a crew of gnomes to sneak in and pull the battery?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 05:32 PM
    What about the "Restart " button? I would say that would equal a battery pull. Works for me!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 05:44 PM
    Did any of you know it alls actually ever use quickpull? I did. You know why? Because it let me schedule when to do auto restarts. I had my bold set to pull every day at 3am so I started the day with a freshly "pulled" phone.

We are all aware that qnx doesn't require a restart as you all have said over and over. However, my memory tends to go below 1 gb free after a few days and a quick restart brings bit back up to 1.2 gb free.

So if someone wants to restart their phone regularly, why do you guys feel the need to slam it down their throat that they don't need to? It's his phone, let him restart it if he wants to.

Posted via CBZ10 baby!
    chrispdm1 and magsasaka like this.
    05-24-13 05:46 PM
    I've had several I pods that locked up on me and I could not get them going until they sat 12 to 24 hours and the battery completely died on them. if I could have removed the battery I would've. I've also had reset the electronics in my truck by disconnecting the battery.... lol there are very specific circumstances when a battery disconnect is what Is needed, but on a z10 it's rare, but I've heard of a couple where they were locked up and nothing they could do would get it going again until the battery was pulled.

Posted via CB10
    There are ways to reset an iPod with buttons.. you are quite tech inexperienced. There is no need for a battery pull on BlackBerry 10. How do you think devices without removable batteries get rebooted when locked up? Only you wait till the battery is fully drained.. LOL. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 02:40 AM
    Did any of you know it alls actually ever use quickpull? I did. You know why? Because it let me schedule when to do auto restarts. I had my bold set to pull every day at 3am so I started the day with a freshly "pulled" phone.

We are all aware that qnx doesn't require a restart as you all have said over and over. However, my memory tends to go below 1 gb free after a few days and a quick restart brings bit back up to 1.2 gb free.

So if someone wants to restart their phone regularly, why do you guys feel the need to slam it down their throat that they don't need to? It's his phone, let him restart it if he wants to.

Posted via CBZ10 baby!
    What you are arguing is not the argument the OP is making. Therefore, your argument is not valid. Since the OP never argued scheduling reboots, nobody argued it..

The argument is that we need a quick pull app or else when the Z10 locks up, we have to wait for the battery to drain completely LOL, unless you pull the battery, which is false because holding the power button restarts a frozen z10. It's why it's called a hard reboot. Because it doesn't need operable software to perform a reboot. It just kills the power simple as that. No battery pull needed. If you want to schedule reboots that's a different story. Even at that it's still just so simple to restart it regularly. Even at that, BlackBerry 10 manages memory well. 700mb is still plenty enough, and if you need more it will automatically acquire more.

But again, scheduled reboots isn't the argument here..

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 02:47 AM
    My phone crashed on powering down yesterday so I needed to do a quick pull

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 03:35 AM
    My phone crashed on powering down yesterday so I needed to do a quick pull

Posted via CB10
    No, you didn't need to do a quick pull. All you needed to do was hold the power button for 10 seconds until the red led lights up. This bypasses a software shutdown, it kills all the power to the device instantly, then reboots again. It will work all the time, no matter what. No quick pull needed. You experienced a software crash while shutting down. A hard reset with the power button will always work. Get it into your heads people! Enough with the bbos references. This ain't bbos! So annoying! Do people even read or what? It's been mentioned like a bazillion times.

Just. Hold. The. Power. Button. For. 10. Seconds.

Does anybody need any further clarification on that? I hope not..

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    05-25-13 10:37 AM
    My Z10 came with that app pre-installed!
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    05-25-13 10:59 AM

Posted via CBZ10 baby!
    Memory will fluctuate depending on open apps and such. Rebooting once a day to bring that back up really isnt gaining you anything. Its just a number. Dont dwell on it. Unless your device is acting wonky for some odd reason, there is no reason to reboot just to get back to 1.2g of free space. This isnt the BBOS from old that required that.
    agp101 likes this.
    05-25-13 11:02 AM
    I used to have to pull the battery at least once a week on the old BlackBerry devices (Bold 9700, Torch 9800,9710) but I have never needed to do that for my Z10.

The QNX Os does not need it. Just like I never turn off my PlayBook. Ever. And it works perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 11:03 AM
72 123