Moments ago, my Rogers Z10 gave me the finger. Device Pin Blocked. I just updated to 10.1 yesterday.

Who should I be calling to express my gratitude, Rogers or BlackBerry?
    05-15-13 07:32 AM
    I just woke up to my phone saying the exact same thing... I am running leaked os 10.1.0.1609
    05-15-13 07:52 AM
    I am currently on the phone with BlackBerry Tech Support. Let's see where this takes me.
    05-15-13 07:57 AM
    According to BlackBerry my Z10 was listed as 'Lost' through the carrier. So I now need to call Rogers. I bought this phone used off Kijiji over a month ago. Seems interesting that it takes a month to report a lost phone. Even more interesting is the phone was lost with box, unused headphones and charger. Trying to double-dip I assume. I hope this phone call isn't the start to a bad day.
    andyj1967 likes this.
    05-15-13 08:12 AM
    That is not good, i also bought mine off Kijiji
    05-15-13 08:15 AM
    do keep us posted... i hope your porblem is sorted out soon...
    05-15-13 08:27 AM
    According to BlackBerry my Z10 was listed as 'Lost' through the carrier. So I now need to call Rogers. I bought this phone used off Kijiji over a month ago. Seems interesting that it takes a month to report a lost phone. Even more interesting is the phone was lost with box, unused headphones and charger. Trying to double-dip I assume. I hope this phone call isn't the start to a bad day.
    I also want to know because that is one thing I'm scared of when buying, that they report it as lost/stolen.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 08:53 AM
    Rogers says there is no 'suspended' on my account. Sigh... Back to BlackBerry.
    05-15-13 08:57 AM
    Rogers says there is no 'suspended' on my account. Sigh... Back to BlackBerry.
    PIN blocked is from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 09:14 AM
    I've been on the phone with T-Mobile, Then they transferred me to Blackberry and now I am on hold with the 2nd Blackberry Rep. hopefully this can get resolved.
    05-15-13 09:17 AM
    Still on the phone with BlackBerry. Been on hold for a while. Tech Support is digging to see what he can find. Right now, BlackBerry has the device listed as 'lost' and my PIN has been blocked. The only way to unblock is to provide proof of purchase, which I do not have since I bought used. I noted the 'suspicious' timing to report a lost phone almost 2 month after the fact. He agreed and is trying to find all the information on the original request. I am hopeful. This support person is really trying to help, but I may be doomed if the 'system' in place won't help. Fingers crossed.
    05-15-13 09:45 AM
    Still on the phone with BlackBerry. Been on hold for a while. Tech Support is digging to see what he can find. Right now, BlackBerry has the device listed as 'lost' and my PIN has been blocked. The only way to unblock is to provide proof of purchase, which I do not have since I bought used. I noted the 'suspicious' timing to report a lost phone almost 2 month after the fact. He agreed and is trying to find all the information on the original request. I am hopeful. This support person is really trying to help, but I may be doomed if the 'system' in place won't help. Fingers crossed.
    should have registered to BBRY when you got the phone....
    05-15-13 10:03 AM
    Sounds like I am screwed. Need the original receipt of purchase to unblock the phone. Well, this has certainly put a damper on my Kijiji buying days. Original owner can sell a phone for profit, then call in later to block the device. And if he has Handset protection, gets another phone from the carrier. Well, I guess my Z10 days are over. Was nice while it lasted.
    05-15-13 10:09 AM
    Sounds like I am screwed. Need the original receipt of purchase to unblock the phone. Well, this has certainly put a damper on my Kijiji buying days. Original owner can sell a phone for profit, then call in later to block the device. And if he has Handset protection, gets another phone from the carrier. Well, I guess my Z10 days are over. Was nice while it lasted.
    hold down a second....remember where the phone came from when you bought it..Canada /US??? was the other owner had it activated??? with which carrier was??? remember the name of the guy you bought it from??

when you bought it you had to registered with rogers a of your new device right???
    05-15-13 10:28 AM
    Does BBRY know who had the device before via the pin/email...???
    05-15-13 10:30 AM
    if so BBRY should be able to trace the previous owner...

or if you know where it was activated before that carrier should be able to trace the last owner

fro there give a call to that guy to confirm the sale
    05-15-13 10:33 AM
    hold down a second....remember where the phone came from when you bought it..Canada /US??? was the other owner had it activated??? with which carrier was??? remember the name of the guy you bought it from??

when you bought it you had to registered with rogers a of your new device right???
    The phone was locked to Rogers/Canada. I emailed the guy I bought it from, but he's not even the original owner. I knew this when I bought it. My phone number is the 3rd number assigned to this phone. I don't know how registration goes. I just wiped, put in a Rogers SIM and on I went. The weird thing is, Rogers has no record of it being reported 'lost'. The guy at BlackBerry has a theory, that it may have been lost 'internally' from BlackBerry. That is a way Rogers would not know about it. Either way, the current system in place requires proof of purchase to unlock.

So, as a warning to all future buyers of used cell phones, get a Proof of Purchase when you buy, or walk away.
    05-15-13 10:34 AM
    BlackBerry has very little information. They have the last 4 digits of the numbers registered on the device, but no dates, no names. That's Rogers' business. But Rogers isn't seeing a 'lost' in their records. So I can't tie one to the other.
    05-15-13 10:35 AM
    BBRY should know who had the phone before with the BBid....aren't thay keeping logs?
    05-15-13 10:42 AM
    The phone was locked to Rogers/Canada. I emailed the guy I bought it from, but he's not even the original owner. I knew this when I bought it. My phone number is the 3rd number assigned to this phone. I don't know how registration goes. I just wiped, put in a Rogers SIM and on I went. The weird thing is, Rogers has no record of it being reported 'lost'. The guy at BlackBerry has a theory, that it may have been lost 'internally' from BlackBerry. That is a way Rogers would not know about it. Either way, the current system in place requires proof of purchase to unlock.

So, as a warning to all future buyers of used cell phones, get a Proof of Purchase when you buy, or walk away.
    well that is a good secure system then
    05-15-13 10:45 AM

so he is saying that someone stole that BB from rim and sold it under black market???

well he doesn't have proof of this either
    05-15-13 10:48 AM
    Rogers should be able to talk to BBRY to trace the path the phone took.
    05-15-13 10:59 AM
    I just woke up to my phone saying the exact same thing... I am running leaked os 10.1.0.1609
    how about you how is it going with the process??
    05-15-13 11:01 AM
    I still think..BBid should be tracable as it work with email address..so BBRY should be able to figure it out
    05-15-13 11:04 AM
    Problem is, you don't need to verify the email address that you use to set up your BBID. I just setup one of my foremen with a new 9900 and created his BBID with a non-existent @carrier.blackberry.net address and it did not require any verification. So having the BBID's of the two previous phone owners, may not do much.
    05-15-13 11:12 AM
45 12