Ok guys I've had this hypothesis for a while and even mentioned it in some threads but from my own testing and what I have been reading, my feeling is that this problem is related to wifi.

I have had random reboots few and far in between normal usage but whenever it has happened wifi has been on.

I've read a lot of posts regarding reboots and one thing I have not been able to confirm is whether people suffering these reboots show a pattern of having wifi turned on as well.

It makes sense that wifi would be the culprit because wifi is the only thing that is functional from factory, meaning when no apps are installed so it can happen to anyone whether they are loaded up with apps or have a fresh install on their phone.

Some data is always being sent over wifi even when there are no apps being used i.e. checking for OS updates.

Even if you don't have wifi setup, if it is on the phone is searching for networks constantly.

I think the phone is having trouble transitioning between using radio and wifi as a data connection and in certain instances when it attempts to change which one it uses, it will lock up.

Any app can potentially cause a reboot if it accesses the Internet. Sideloaded apps are worse because they have not been optimized yet and they don't go through the permissions requirements that apps go through that allows the user to restrict access to certain parts of the phone.

So I ask to people having reboots, is wifi turned on when it happens? If so try turning it off for long enough to where you know you would usually have a reboot and see how long you can go without a reboot occuring.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:28 PM
    Jup wifi always on.
    Got 7-8 reboots with 10.0
    Will try this! Thanks
    05-14-13 11:41 PM
    I suggested turning off wifi in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...46/index2.html

I'm curious how see if it helps anyone else.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:54 PM
    I suggested turning off wifi in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...46/index2.html

I'm curious how see if it helps anyone else.

Posted via CB10
    We share the same thoughts and I am curious as well which is why I made the thread. Its been hard to get a general consensus on this potential solution so I figure a specific thread dedicated to it would at the very least determine if someone has had a reboot without wifi being on which I have not come across yet.

I have been able to induce a random reboot almost instantaneously when using some Sideloaded apps after turning wifi off initially and then turning it back on later.

A lot of people forget that even when they have not actually setup wifi it is on then it is still searching for networks in the background.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:26 AM
    There's a guy who posted on the forums at Blackberry.ca who thinks all these reboots have something to do with network code gone awry - "deadlock", he calls it - so that apps and functions that poll the network can cause these reboots. He mentions that he can cause these reboots at will. Go read it - it's interesting - very technical. Apparently, this can be quite a tricky problem to fix.
    05-15-13 05:34 AM
    There's a guy who posted on the forums at Blackberry.ca who thinks all these reboots have something to do with network code gone awry - "deadlock", he calls it - so that apps and functions that poll the network can cause these reboots. He mentions that he can cause these reboots at will. Go read it - it's interesting - very technical. Apparently, this can be quite a tricky problem to fix.
    Thanks for the info, I will take a look

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 07:16 AM