I've been saying all along that I would get a Q10 and jump from my iPhone, but I've had an iPhone for so long, and am starting to get a little bit of cold feet.... so I was just wondering how the transition went for other people that are here that used iPhones in the past.
    matador22 likes this.
    05-14-13 08:05 PM
    I've been saying all along that I would get a Q10 and jump from my iPhone, but I've had an iPhone for so long, and am starting to get a little bit of cold feet.... so I was just wondering how the transition went for other people that are here that used iPhones in the past.
    If apps are important stay with your iPhone. The BlackBerry App ecosystem grows every day and there are some great things in there, but do your research. I recommend going into a carrier or retailer and playing with the Q10 before making any decision.
    thedose likes this.
    05-14-13 08:11 PM
    I had an iphone 4s for 1.5 years, I have used a macbook pro for over 4 years, have an ipad mini and apple TV. My transition has been very smooth. My primary use of a smartphone is communication and business purposes. I use a few apps but don't need 700,000 apps to choose from for my smartphone. My ipad mini is for surfing the net and have educational apps for my daughter.

Things I really love: hub (extra love for the one stop hub), peek & flow, keyboard (love the click click experience), battery life and dropbox, box & evernote integration.

Things need improvement: OS bugs (such as certain accounts stop displaying in the hub), need a couple more apps (I have the patience to wait since it's a matter of time and more apps will be released) and a better twitter app (not a fan of Blaq).

All my personal & business emails, contacts & calendars are google based. Integration has been ok. I can't connect through exchange since I have a free business google app, however using IMAP which is working fine.

I typed this response on my Q10 which I would have never done on an iphone. I just couldn't get typing on an all touch screen. Finally, BB10 OS has come a long way and I'm confident under the new leadership BlackBerry will continue to innovate and improve.

I have had my Q10 for 7 days now. Hope this feedback helps.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 smartphone
    thedose likes this.
    05-14-13 08:24 PM
    If apps are important stay with your iPhone. The BlackBerry App ecosystem grows every day and there are some great things in there, but do your research. I recommend going into a carrier or retailer and playing with the Q10 before making any decision.
    Yeah, I've read that the apps are lacking. But I really only use Twitter and check sports scores. Otherwise I'm a big emailer and texter, not into games or what not. Only one I use that BlackBerry doesn't support yet is Instagram, and I already saw you can sideload it and it seems to work fine.

Does anyone know if there is a voice recording app for this? I'm a journalist, so it'd be great to be able to record interviews.
    05-14-13 08:29 PM
    Instagram works great and there is a recorder built into the Remember app... the only thing I'd recommend is trying out the Z10 also because the predictive text is killer!

Posted via CB10
    sosof likes this.
    05-14-13 08:46 PM
    I was thinking Z10, but the Q10 caught my eye with the keyboard, and I'm kind of tired of hitting glass on an iPhone.
    David Iverieli and thedose like this.
    05-14-13 09:04 PM
    I've tried the q10 and the keyboard is awesome but the z10 is a better choice for Web browsing and media consumption.

I have a playbook I pad and nexus 7 and seldom pick them up

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 09:13 PM
    I got my Q10 last week, sold iPhone 5. Happy? can't have enough words. I have had all generations iPhones since 2007 and I am mac user since 2001 and have iPads, Apple TV, other macs and didn't counted how many macs last 10 years. Never ever, not one day used any Blackberry phones. Had a lot Android phones too, Palm Pre, Palm Pre 2, Palm Pre 3. The only two system I never used was Windows mobile and Blackberry. But always was iPhone user most of the time because ecosystem with other apple products is great.

I just risked, because I use a lot apps unlike you and I was worried, I knew there was not much apps but I sold iPhone 5 and I never regret it, not in one second. You can sync your Q10 with Mac, address book, calendar, iTunes, iPhoto with wire or wireless.
    kjvella and sosof like this.
    05-14-13 10:03 PM
    I just made the jump from an Android phone and am loving the experience on the Q10. I have my iPad mini for all my app and game needs where my phone has always been a purely texting, messaging, facebook, and email device. So the jump from the android phone to the Q10 was a significant improvement.

I love the hub as it combines all my different sources of incoming media into one place and it's awesome! No more hoping around a bunch of apps to check emails, facebook, or text messages!!!

So if you want your phone to be a phone and don't need access to every little game under the sun then get yourself a Q10 or even the Z10 if you want a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:24 PM
    Instagram works great and there is a recorder built into the Remember app... the only thing I'd recommend is trying out the Z10 also because the predictive text is killer!

Posted via CB10
    I have predictive text enabled on my Q10 as well, it is awesome! Just have to go into settings to enable.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:50 PM
    Yeah, thanks guys. I appreciate all the input. Making me feel better about making the transition. And for someone who is not concerned with games and what not, I'm looking forward to joining #TeamBlackBerry.
    05-14-13 11:27 PM
    Check out "parrot" on BlackBerry world - its a good, simple and functional voice recorder at a good price!

If you use the phone for communication you'll love the Q10. I won't repeat what's been said above but I have several apple gadgets and truthfully the switch from iphone 5 back to BlackBerry was easy.

And the email and attachment situation is SO much better! I used a Galaxy S3 for emails - even after jailbreaking the iphone 5. If you're not an "app fiend" you'll find the transition easy.

Instagram has a new sideload .bar file available that seems rather stable (though I personally don't use it) so you should be covered and won't miss much...

The screen on the Q isn't optimal for heavy media consumption - but you must know that or you'd be looking at other devices anyway. The Q makes up for the screen with a lot of nifty keyboard shortcuts when browsing or in other apps.

Ultimately: try before you buy. I don't think you will be disappointed. :-)

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    05-15-13 08:54 AM