Hi,

Looks like my Q10 will arrive tomorrow. Currently using an iPhone 5. Can anyone reccomend the best way to get my contacts in my iphone over to my blackberry Q10?

Thanks very much!
    Kers
    05-14-13 05:35 PM
    Basically the best way I was suggested in this forums is through iCloud cos you'll most likely have them on your iCloud.
    Check this link: How to set up iCloud email, contacts & calendar on a BlackBerry Z10 smartphone �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    Cuse_Kers, tonytraj17 and SDTRMG like this.
    05-14-13 05:44 PM
    I used intouch app from Z to Q

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 05:54 PM
    I have been able to get 1 person from iphone to z10 and 2 from android (Samsung /htc) to q10... and they all love/can't wait to share their enthusiasm with other users! welcome to #teamblackberry!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:06 PM
    Ah to fast - try Google - sync them with Google and then with your BlackBerry - worked fine for my friends and i heard that the normal contact sync via mac works as well (in case you don't trust Google (don't be evil)

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:08 PM
    The bb10 is syncing your icloud contacts without problems
    I also swotched from the iph5 to the q10

Posted via CB10
    Cuse_Kers likes this.
    05-14-13 06:20 PM
    My contacts was no problem, however, the email only syncs about 5 days back, same with my gmail account, can't find the settings to get all my emails, and on the iCloud account it doesn't sync with all the folders. Any ideas how to fix this ?
    05-15-13 03:28 PM
    Pretty crazy to see all the people converting from the touchscreen only iPhone to the Q. Very promising in my opinion, I have been told for three years that I was insane for sticking with webOS because hardware keyboards are dead. Can't say I'm unhappy seeing people leaving iOS to come to a hardware keyboard phone.
    05-15-13 04:15 PM
    Pretty crazy to see all the people converting from the touchscreen only iPhone to the Q. Very promising in my opinion, I have been told for three years that I was insane for sticking with webOS because hardware keyboards are dead. Can't say I'm unhappy seeing people leaving iOS to come to a hardware keyboard phone.
    I'm certainly contemplating making the jump although I'll admit I'm a little scared. I played with the Q10 in-stores and liked it but the keyboard would definitely be a learning curve for me. I type insanely fast on my iphone and have bested every blackberry-holder I've come across in speed typing, and I'm a little worried about the smaller screen for web browsing. I'd love for a Canadian company to be #1 but I won't make the jump if it doesn't make sense for me.

Help convince me
    05-15-13 04:41 PM
    Apart from iCloud, you can use DeviceSwitch app on both phones (free download from BlackBerry World or App Store) through wifi. You can also transfer calendar, camera photos and videos too. It is not as fast as through iCloud but acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    punterab80 likes this.
    05-15-13 04:42 PM
    Ya that "device switch" works great ^^
    05-15-13 06:12 PM
    Iphone to Q10? EXCELLENT CHOICE!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 08:30 PM
    I'm certainly contemplating making the jump although I'll admit I'm a little scared. I played with the Q10 in-stores and liked it but the keyboard would definitely be a learning curve for me. I type insanely fast on my iphone and have bested every blackberry-holder I've come across in speed typing, and I'm a little worried about the smaller screen for web browsing. I'd love for a Canadian company to be #1 but I won't make the jump if it doesn't make sense for me.

Help convince me
    Apart from the keyboard, what does the Q10 hold for you that the ip5 can't do? Smaller screen, less apps, awkward browsing. I don't understand people swapping out a great multi media and business tool like the ip5 for something less featured. Is it you're bored with ios6?
    05-15-13 09:21 PM
    Apart from the keyboard, what does the Q10 hold for you that the ip5 can't do? Smaller screen, less apps, awkward browsing. I don't understand people swapping out a great multi media and business tool like the ip5 for something less featured. Is it you're bored with ios6?
    It's not so much that what the Q10 has but more so what's irking me about my iphone 4. It's gotten pretty laggy in the last two and a half years (with memory wipes, etc.), it's lost all of my contacts TWICE and the apple support boards are filled with similar complaints but no fix or even acknowledgement of a problem. I also hate how apple essentially forces you to update everything all the time, maybe blackberry is the same I don't know. I hate the incredibly expensive accessories, the mediocre native e-mail client, and the call quality/reception is definitely sub-par.

My phone is my lifeline to work and when I enter an area with low reception, I often have to restart it to pick reception back up again. I'm not expecting the Q10 to fix all the problems I've just listed, however my cell contract is coming up and I figure I might as well explore other options.

I'm not a big app guy. I read the news, do some online banking, read a few forums, check the weather, and use some forms of social media. That's about it. My phone is mainly a communications device, and thus I find the hub fairly attractive. I am however concerned about the screen size for web browsing as I do like to do that when I'm out.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-15-13 10:15 PM

Help convince me
    Z10. I switched from the ipho.e 5 to the z10. I looked at the q10 the other day, had flashback memories of my keyboard only days, almost bought it too. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 10:37 PM
    I own a retail clothing store, switched from the ip5, and can tell you it is no business tool. Maybe with the help of a few apps, bit the z10 has gotten rid of the headache from trying to do business on a iphone. I get over 100 emails, comments, messages, tags, mentions etc a day, on ios that's opening apps close to 100 times to reply or take action.

I don't understand why you would come to a BlackBerry forum and try to convince someone not to buy a phone, weather it be the q10 or not that's there choice to make.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 10:43 PM
    It's not so much that what the Q10 has but more so what's irking me about my iphone 4. It's gotten pretty laggy in the last two and a half years (with memory wipes, etc.), it's lost all of my contacts TWICE and the apple support boards are filled with similar complaints but no fix or even acknowledgement of a problem. I also hate how apple essentially forces you to update everything all the time, maybe blackberry is the same I don't know. I hate the incredibly expensive accessories, the mediocre native e-mail client, and the call quality/reception is definitely sub-par.

My phone is my lifeline to work and when I enter an area with low reception, I often have to restart it to pick reception back up again. I'm not expecting the Q10 to fix all the problems I've just listed, however my cell contract is coming up and I figure I might as well explore other options.

I'm not a big app guy. I read the news, do some online banking, read a few forums, check the weather, and use some forms of social media. That's about it. My phone is mainly a communications device, and thus I find the hub fairly attractive. I am however concerned about the screen size for web browsing as I do like to do that when I'm out.
    Ah, yes the 4 would be a pain now. I had thought you were going from a 5 to a Q10. That makes more sense.
    05-16-13 01:00 AM

I don't understand why you would come to a BlackBerry forum and try to convince someone not to buy a phone, weather it be the q10 or not that's there choice to make.

Posted via CB10
    All I did was ask a question. If Blackberry fanatics are that sensitive to even being asked why they do something, what does that say?

Oh, and I come to a Blackberry forum because I own and use multiple Blackberry products and services. I have had both the z10 and the ip5. Myself, like every one of our executive at the bank where I work use iPhones. I'll take your 100 emails and raise.
    05-16-13 01:05 AM

Help convince me
    you wont beat me. I'm a Q10 user with almost every word shortcut customly. so for the word "WITH" I just type "w" then push space. and I have many more short cuts I've mastered over the years.

SKILLS TO PAY THE BILLS
    05-16-13 01:13 AM