I have used a few BBs and my previous BB was 9900. I used it for about 15 months and thought about jumping the ship countless times. I wanted to use phone which dint have all the limitations and problems that blackberry did. The only things that kept me with Blackberry with blackberry were:

1. 60% BBM - It was by far the best messenger (and now more)
    2. 40% Physical keyboard - nothing comes close to the tactile feedback of a physical keyboard. I could write pages without even looking at the phones screen.
    3. I dont know if it was loyalty or what but I just wanted to stick with blackberry hoping that they would deliver big time with BB10.

Well then I got the Z10 (couldnt wait any longer for Q10) . So the physical keyboard was out of question. And now I can get BBM on pretty much any phone I want. So that brings me to my dilema. Should I just stick with BB or move on. Watching the live keynote, I was cheering from my couch when the cross platform BBM was announced but once it sinked in I started to re think my options.

Im not on any contract and bought the phone outright, so I can move whenever I want to. And I have enough money saved up for another phone.

BUT

It was a pretty easy decision in the end and Im gona stay right here with Blackberry. Maybe part of it is because of the loyalty I mentioned earlier but rest of it is because I believe in BB and to a large extent they have delivered what they promised with BB10. I like the swipe gestures, I like the hub and the apps situation keeps improving. I like that it is open to side loading, I like that it is fast and quick and smooth. Also another thing is that the Z10 is just the perfect size for me.

Had this happened 4 months a go, I would have sold my BB within hours of hearing the news in hope that some people still havent heard it and would be willing to pay a half decent price for my used BB. But now I can proudly say that Iam here to stay.!
    05-14-13 03:36 PM
    Nice post I like it.

Its also the same reason why I would stay with my BB as well. I love the swipe gestures, I love the hub is always there for me to check something without really disturbing my apps at all.

plus the whole integration of anything is just amazing to me.
    05-14-13 03:42 PM
    Glad you're staying. I have a feeling you won't regret it.
    05-14-13 03:45 PM
    If people would think about the bigger picture they would know why bb10 to all devices is a great move.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    05-14-13 04:02 PM
    If people would think about the bigger picture they would know why bb10 to all devices is a great move.

Posted via CB10
    I agree Dave. The BB user base will be threaded in (natively) to the rest of the world. BBM will flourish as the superior "uniter" of people that it is, rather than become a fringe messaging tool (in North America, at least).
    05-14-13 04:10 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is better. BBM is just a part of it all.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-14-13 04:12 PM
    For those wondering why they should stay with BB if they "hor" out BBM: Are you forgetting the power and flexibility of BB10/QNX? It remains a fantastic platform upon which to grow....everything. (intentional misspelling to prevent censoring)
    05-14-13 04:14 PM
    Only platform offering it's native messaging tool on other platforms so we can chat with others and BlackBerry can win them over once they see the power of BBM. What will they think of their platforms when they see us sharing or screens etc via BBM? They will get a real taste of what BlackBerry is made of and will want to join us.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:27 PM
    Original Poster... dude, it's all good. Go with what you want. Read reviews, go in store touch physical phones, make a decision. Cheers brother!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:35 PM
    I have been a bb user for three years and have never had one bbm contact. I am also the only one in my family and friends with a bb. I don't believe there are these millions of bb owners just holding on because of bbm.

I think this is bbry branching out into software as a fallback if bb10 doesn't make it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-14-13 04:46 PM
    Original Poster... dude, it's all good. Go with what you want. Read reviews, go in store touch physical phones, make a decision. Cheers brother!

Posted via CB10
    Yup I did. and the fact that my decision came so early makes me happy. =)
    05-14-13 05:10 PM
    I got a Z10, 0% for BBM. I got it because the user experience of the whole platform is great

So many people are thinking that BBM won't work better on BB10 than Android and iOS. I'm sure BlackBerry has some tricks up their sleeve. Probably better customization, integration, sharing and adding contacts via NFC etc. Guess we'll see what unfolds. BBM is going to be very basic when it releases for the other platforms
    05-14-13 05:20 PM
    I got a Z10, 0% for BBM. I got it because the user experience of the whole platform is great

So many people are thinking that BBM won't work better on BB10 than Android and iOS. I'm sure BlackBerry has some tricks up their sleeve. Probably better customization, integration, sharing and adding contacts via NFC etc. Guess we'll see what unfolds. BBM is going to be very basic when it releases for the other platforms
    BBM on other platforms will at some point have all the features of the current BB10 BBM (including chat,group chat, voice, video, channels) as mentioned by Thor himself. That in itself is the best offering if compared to any other messengers out there. Plus its free. So I really hope BBM on BB10 has something better than all these features.
    05-14-13 05:27 PM
    BBM on other platforms will at some point have all the features of the current BB10 BBM (including chat,group chat, voice, video, channels) as mentioned by Thor himself. That in itself is the best offering if compared to any other messengers out there. Plus its free. So I really hope BBM on BB10 has something better than all these features.
    At some point probably in the far future and during that time, I'm guessing they are hoping to lure people to try the full BBM experience on BB10.
    05-14-13 05:31 PM
    StutterStep, neutering BBM on other platforms would be a gross mistake. I think that supporting BBM across all mobile platforms is a stroke of genius... a Trojan horse, of sorts, to a broader BlackBerry push to become the premiere go-to option for mobile communication and computing.

It is by no means a sure thing, but it makes sense to play up Blackberry's strengths and build on it. Thus far BlackBerry has failed to do so with BBM. At least in the US. I think this fits well with the BES 10 strategy... if it's mobile, it's better with BlackBerry!
    (even if it is not a BlackBerry device).

Besides, rumors have been heard about some investors and analysts have wanted this for a few years now. Failing to open up BBM may have put BlackBerry management at risk of facing off with hostile takeover or buyout bids.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:25 PM
    Its also the same reason why I would stay with my BB as well
    05-14-13 11:06 PM
    I ventured into other platforms; I'm a tech junkie in a sense, but I always came back to BlackBerry. I put my Z10 on a table full of iPhones and took the heat of having a BlackBerry. Who gives a hootenanny if BBM goes cross platform? BB10 is why I brought the phone. BBM is just a piece of the pie.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    05-14-13 11:07 PM
    Had always programmed notifier "lightspeed" 3 rings and 3 vibes when I received a ew BBM message. Over the last 3 years, this ringtone was getting heard less and less ....Hopefully by end of the summer, my fav ringtone will be back to its former glory !
    05-14-13 11:15 PM
    Who gives a hootenanny if BBM goes cross platform? BB10 is why I brought the phone. BBM is just a piece of the pie.
    People who think they are special because they want BBM to be exclusive while maintaining that near to empty contact list . I honestly think these naysayers will be happy when their contact list is full after BBM launches for iOS and android. I personally can't wait to use BBM a lot more in the near future
    05-14-13 11:50 PM
    BBM wasn't the factor keeping people on BlackBerry... it was and still is the keyboard. And now with BB10, the features that will keep people around have shifted: the flow, gestures, etc... the OS itself is what will keep people from leaving, so BBM is going to be the best it can be now... without restrictions.
    05-15-13 04:15 AM
    My Hierachy of Needs. Kevin talked about this here.

I won't bother with the fancy graphics but, here are mine (top is most important to me):

1. Security (privacy)
    2. Communications (email, IM, phone, TXT)
    3. Personal Information Management (calendar, contacts, cloud/remote file access, notes)
    4. Technical capability (battery access, memory management/expansion, multi-tasking, power management, Wireless network speed [LTE])
    5. Ergonomics (hand confidence, keyboard, microphone, speaker [volume, clarity], screen)
    6. Social (camera, chat [vid/voice], social system access, Web)
    7. Leisure (audio books, movies, music, radio, reading)

How does the Z/Zed10 stack up? Very well indeed, thank you. Based on reviews, the Q10 might be slightly better.
    Last edited by jrohland; 05-15-13 at 07:12 AM.
    05-15-13 06:53 AM
    People who think they are special because they want BBM to be exclusive while maintaining that near to empty contact list . I honestly think these naysayers will be happy when their contact list is full after BBM launches for iOS and android. I personally can't wait to use BBM a lot more in the near future
    I have to agree with you. People were freaking out in a few groups on BBM. It was like bb took their first born.
    05-15-13 06:58 AM