Rather disappointed that the Contacts app and Phone Contacts app are still both broken, and not in sync with each other.

The contact for my wife is not even visible in the Phone Contacts app, is visible in the Contacts app even with ALL contact types turned off in the list of which contact types to display... and there's still no way to choose in the Phone Contacts to only display a set list... IE: specific people... only ones with phone numbers.... etc... so I don't have to look through 300 FB contacts to find the person I want to call.

Pretty basic functionality for a smartphone, and one that has existed on Android for years.
    05-14-13 02:25 PM
    Go through all your contacts in the Contacts app, all the contacts that are missing in the Phone app have links to the SIM contacts. I have unlinked all my contacts after I read this post and voila all missing contacts are back except for contact entries with only web links.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by TheCCZA; 05-15-13 at 05:54 AM.
    05-14-13 03:09 PM
    Inlink BBM links also. My wife's contact was also not listed.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 03:13 PM
    Next thing to check is when restoring a backup after a new OS install if the links have returned or not. My previous backup that I restored after I loaded OS .1720 on my Z10 contained the links in the contacts app.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 03:30 PM
    I never thought about this because I've always dialed from the Contacts app, not the phone contacts list.

But now this ticks me off.

I took a look at the links for one contact in the Contacts app. Let's call him Bill.

Bil is listed in my Contacts app, but not in phone contacts.

Tapping Bill in my Contacts app shows all of his phone numbers, BBM, facebook and everything else. Tapping links shows three entries. Bill (Facebook), Bill (Local Contacts) and Bill (BBM)

Yet Bill still doesn't show in the phone contacts list.

I'm not sure why the phone contacts maintains its own list, it should pull from one location, the Contacts app.
    harshadpatel likes this.
    05-14-13 06:03 PM
    Did a restore this morning with a backup without contact links, the same contacts that I unlinked are now linked again.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:53 AM
    Rather disappointed that the Contacts app and Phone Contacts app are still both broken, and not in sync with each other.

The contact for my wife is not even visible in the Phone Contacts app, is visible in the Contacts app even with ALL contact types turned off in the list of which contact types to display... and there's still no way to choose in the Phone Contacts to only display a set list... IE: specific people... only ones with phone numbers.... etc... so I don't have to look through 300 FB contacts to find the person I want to call.

Pretty basic functionality for a smartphone, and one that has existed on Android for years.
    You do not have to look through 300 FB contacts to find the person you want to call. From Phone Contacts just type a few letters of the contact name in the search box. I find that within 2-3 letters the person I am looking for comes up. A lot faster than swiping up to scroll through the contact list. You can even type "J S" for example whick would match both John Smith and Jack Stevens.
    Javid Gozalov likes this.
    05-15-13 08:09 AM
    The way I fixed this for myself was to make sure the "Local contact " was listed first in the links... not sure why, but it worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 08:13 AM
    Did a restore this morning with a backup without contact links, the same contacts that I unlinked are now linked again.

Posted via CB10
    i didn't get what you meant with your restore, can you further clarify this?
    am looking at blackberry link and it only shows - application data, media and settings - just wondering how you did it. thanks.
    05-15-13 10:43 AM
    This is a weird little glitch. I just unlinked one contact from facebook and relinked her and now all my contacts are back.
    05-21-13 11:02 PM
    You can even type "J S" for example whick would match both John Smith and Jack Stevens.
    Wow! That is amazing! Love this shortcut! And here I've been typing out the name sifting through my contacts.
    Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:12 PM
    I used BlackBerry Link to restore. I now have backed up all my contacts via bluetooth to my laptop. Before I did the backup via BT I removed all the contacts pictures, what I noticed was that most of the problem contacts were those with BBOS7 contact pics. The first day I got my Z10 I restored the contacts via the SDcard. My Z10 was running OS 10.0.10.99 that time. Some of the contacts were automatically copied to the sim card and linked resulting in the contacts being missing in the phone app. The contacts backed up on my laptop were still giving problems. When I sent contacts via BT back to my Z10 some of them were blank only showing the name of the contact although on my laptop the contact was appearing to be ok. I then imported all the .vcf files to the windows contacts program and afterwards exported all the contacts back to a file on my laptop. This somehow fixed the contacts not showing numbers on my Z10. Since then I have added new contacts and none of them are automatically copied to the sim card or have links. Contacts still not showing in the phone app when I link the contacts myself.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:07 PM
    You shouldn't have to fix this. It should just work. I'm very frustrated with the whole contact experience in BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    harshadpatel likes this.
    05-23-13 07:13 PM
    I'm also very disappointed about this, in my phone contacts i only see people that do not have any link at all. And if i use the universal search i find all my contacts, but also my twitter and facebook contacts (which i disabled in the contacts app). I would expecte all three searches (contacts, phone and universal) to return the same results (except that universal search not only shows contacts).
    05-24-13 12:43 AM
    This is a major issue... I have no idea why there are two contact apps.

Let's hope there is a fix for this soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 06:20 AM
    Its just plain irritating. I tried un-linking and re-linking and the the missing contact would show up in phone contacts but after a while or after restart it would disappear again. As of now i have stopped using the contacts look up through the phone app
    06-19-13 06:56 AM
    Nw

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 11:27 AM
    I did some testing on this last night and found that if contacts are linked (eg: LinkedIn + Phone + etc..) and you hide the style in the Contacts App (I hid linkedin), then the contacts disappear from the phone app completely (They remain in the contacts app). It looks like the filters are set such that the phone contacts is "If the contact is a member of X, hide", as opposd to the contacts app "if the contact is ONLY a member of X, hide.
    scorepion likes this.
    06-19-13 03:27 PM
    Yup, this experience is infuriating! Q10 to get things done? The phone is supposed to work for me, not the other way around! How Blackberry let this out of the door is beyond me. All this social media crap is getting in the way of making a simple phone call in a straightforward manner.
    06-23-13 05:01 PM
    Has any one found a fix to this? It's ridiculous that only some of my contacts are available from the phone app. How can they miss this??
    10-27-13 12:11 PM