For those who are happy for CDMA users in Canada (really, we are happy that you get the Storm first), but are sick and tired and want a 3G - GSM version of the Storm/Thunder....who has any details for a Rogers release?

Let's discuss about it here.
    10-09-08 09:14 AM
    The Storm does not support Rogers 3G frequencies, and therefore I speculate that Rogers will NOT be launching this device. At least in its current iteration.
    10-09-08 09:34 AM
    The Storm does not support Rogers 3G frequencies, and therefore I speculate that Rogers will NOT be launching this device. At least in its current iteration.
    Really?!! What frequency does Rogers use?
    10-09-08 09:53 AM
    I think you may be referring to the 9530 version of the Storm. The 9500 version is the GSM version and has been running on the Rogers network for a few weeks anyway (note the user profile for Crucial_Xtreme). There has been some suggestion that the 9500 will be available from Rogers by the end of the year....if worse comes to worse, I guess we can always get a Vodaphone version and unlock it...
    10-09-08 10:02 AM
    In Europe, HSPA is mostly run at 2100 MHz..

Rogers/AT&T use 850MHz and 1900MHz.. I think a mixture of both.

T-Mobile USA use 1700 AWS.

This is due to legal issues...

The Storm only supports Band I (2100) which is not being used by any carrier in N. America. The intend is that if you live in N.A. then you will use the CDMA/EVDO network, which is a lot more developed that the GSM/UMTS/HSDPA network. When abroad, there is very little CDMA so you need to rely of GSM/HSPA.
    10-09-08 10:05 AM
    Oh, let me add that you can use the Storm on EDGE on Rogers/AT&T.
    10-09-08 10:06 AM
    even if rogers had the phone, youd save money buying a vodaphone one and unlocking it. it would be more economical. on rogers the storm would be 450 dollars on a 5 year contract, id rather drop the 550+ for an unlocked one and not sign any contract!
    10-09-08 10:54 AM
    I think you may be referring to the 9530 version of the Storm. The 9500 version is the GSM version and has been running on the Rogers network for a few weeks anyway (note the user profile for Crucial_Xtreme). There has been some suggestion that the 9500 will be available from Rogers by the end of the year....if worse comes to worse, I guess we can always get a Vodaphone version and unlock it...
    Did Crucial say specifically that he has one and is using it on Rogers network?
    10-09-08 10:57 AM
    Did Crucial say specifically that he has one and is using it on Rogers network?
    Crucial has said he is using a 9500 on rogers with 3g, but we havent heard anything about rogers getting the storm.
    10-09-08 11:31 AM
    Crucial has said he is using a 9500 on rogers with 3g, but we havent heard anything about rogers getting the storm.
    Crucial posted this last week....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wil...80/#post793896
    10-09-08 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD