It's harder to swipe up and close BBM.. swiping up tends to want to type something instead of close. No other app is doing this. Weird

Posted via CB10
    djdragon likes this.
    05-14-13 12:27 PM
    I'm usually swiping up and minimizing the application when trying to swipe a word up from the space bar. SOB. I think the phone just needs to re-adapt to us.
    05-14-13 12:33 PM
    Quick question, how do i disable this notification telling me that, "recent apps are to the left", "apps are to the right", "email and messages are to the left".
    05-14-13 12:34 PM
    That should stop as soon as you perform those actions.

Posted via CB10
    ItsMePeter likes this.
    05-14-13 12:37 PM
    It's harder to swipe up and close BBM.. swiping up tends to want to type something instead of close. No other app is doing this. Weird

Posted via CB10
    Yea it's doing that on my Z10 too, Frickin' annoying.
    I've noticed if you swipe up slowly and push the tile up it will close.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 05:31 PM
    Anyone else having issues with some apps not working? Maps, Poynt, Songza and a fee others won't open, they try, but stop and go to home screen. Also, I cannot open excel files anymore.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 05:43 PM
    If you mean closing it when you're on a chat screen where the keyboard is up then I think that this was a conscious decision to include rather than a bug. I guess the reasoning goes that they didn't want you swiping up accidentally out of creating a message. Or maybe it's because there are other corrections that pop up on top of the space bar and they didn't want you exiting out of the message when you meant to swipe whatever was on top of the space bar.

I've found that if you just do a quick swipe up, it'll toggle the space bar instead. But if you swipe up and go all the way to at least halfway up the screen, it should exit.

Posted via CB10
    dracolnyte likes this.
    05-14-13 07:20 PM
    Anyone else having issues with some apps not working? Maps, Poynt, Songza and a fee others won't open, they try, but stop and go to home screen. Also, I cannot open excel files anymore.

Posted via CB10
    No problems here with any of those apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:56 PM
    only when the keyboard is up, if you minimize the keyboard, it should work quicker. but like glenixtr15 said, it is to mitigate the accidental space bar swipe to minimize
    05-14-13 09:16 PM
    K all figured out. They just changed how far up you have to swipe. I guess it's because before people were closing their chat Window when swiping up on the space bar to add words to the dictionary. Just something we will need to re adjust to

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-14-13 09:29 PM
    I'm usually swiping up and minimizing the application when trying to swipe a word up from the space bar. SOB. I think the phone just needs to re-adapt to us.
    I do that on 10.0, I get pissed at myself because it usually happens when I go swipe happy .

How has 10.1 changed that though? I also read that it is harder to get the keyboard to go down and go back to other conversations. I usually just tap the chat bubbles so the keyboard goes down, did that change in 10.1?

Still waiting on the official 10.1 update from T-Mobile...
    05-14-13 11:16 PM
    If you mean closing it when you're on a chat screen where the keyboard is up then I think that this was a conscious decision to include rather than a bug. I guess the reasoning goes that they didn't want you swiping up accidentally out of creating a message. Or maybe it's because there are other corrections that pop up on top of the space bar and they didn't want you exiting out of the message when you meant to swipe whatever was on top of the space bar.

I've found that if you just do a quick swipe up, it'll toggle the space bar instead. But if you swipe up and go all the way to at least halfway up the screen, it should exit.

Posted via CB10
    According to Michael Clewley, its a bug!!
    05-14-13 11:19 PM
    only when the keyboard is up, if you minimize the keyboard, it should work quicker. but like glenixtr15 said, it is to mitigate the accidental space bar swipe to minimize
    Its a bug. Shouldnt be like that.
    05-14-13 11:20 PM