Since I haven't found a complete guide how to get the Z10 synchronizing with an Owncloud instance and I finally managed it (Calendar and Contacts) , I will post this here.

The main problem is that BB10 needs for CARDAV a plain domain name (e.g. owncloud.mydomain.tld) without a request uri (owncloud.mydomain.tld/carddav/ won't work), but Owncloud offers all services through a special path (/remote.php/<servicename>).
    This limitation doesn't exists for CALDAV, but you need add every calendar separately, if you have more than one (which I have).

First you need to adjust your apache config and add aliases for carddav and caldav (directly under the ServerName entry).
    ServerName owncloud.mydomain.tld
    ServerAlias caldav.mydomain.tld carddav.mydomain.tld
    Now you need add a rewrite rule to the .htacces file, so that all requests on one of the aliases are redirected to the according uri. Make sure the rewrite module of your apache is installed and enabled.
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^carddav
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/remote.php
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ remote.php/carddav [QSA,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^caldav
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/remote.php
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ remote.php/caldav [QSA,L]
    With this config the sabredav implementation throws an error because the requested uri in the http-header does not contain the remote.php/carddav path anymore, but the actual remote.php adds this path to the request. Therefore you need to modifiy the remote.php of your owncloud instance. Go to the end of the file and add this directly under where the baseuri variable is defined:
    $baseuri = OC::$WEBROOT . '/remote.php/'.$service.'/';
    //! rewrite hack - remove remote.php path from the base uri if the request url was rewritten
    if( strpos($_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"],'remote.php') === false ) {
    $baseuri = OC::$WEBROOT;
    }
    Now you can use the url carddav.mydomain.tld to synchronize you contacts. Also if you use the url caldav.mydomain.tld for a calendar, all available calendars in your owncloud account are synchronized (like the google calendars) and you don't have to add them separately.

I tested this with an Owncloud 5.0.5 instance. Hope this helps sombody.
    Mark Docken, beglitis and PDM like this.
    05-14-13 10:10 AM
    Thank you very much, it worked for me. I assume I will need to keep an eye on the ownCloud updates because the remote.php will get overwritten. I had my calendars sorted out but now the contacts work too which makes me very very happy.
    05-20-13 04:27 PM
    Any idea how to get this to work if using lighttpd and not apache? Thank you

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 06:49 AM
    http://www.progweb.com/2012/05/playb...pour-le-cloud/

Hi,

Here OwnCloud patched to do in sort that it works with PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 devices.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 07:47 AM
    Thanks a lot! Will try that with my Owncloud instance this weekend.
    06-20-13 08:10 AM
    Hi,

I have just updated my OwnCloud instance to the last release 5.0.7 :

www.progweb.com Git

Nicolas
    06-22-13 06:15 AM
    Some time ago I had very bad experience with owncloud and z10 sync. Especially with carddav, every time I would edit contact in owncloud it would duplicate on my z10. I was using owncloud 5.0.1.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 06:33 AM
    Some time ago I had very bad experience with owncloud and z10 sync. Especially with carddav, every time I would edit contact in owncloud it would duplicate on my z10. I was using owncloud 5.0.1.

Posted via CB10
    Did you patched your OwnCloud server or not ?

To work with BlackBerry 10, you need to apply few patches.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 06:54 AM
    You are my HERO! Got the boss's Z10 syncing cal and contacts by following this post. Owncloud version 4.90.7 and BB OS 10.0.10.672.

Thanks a bunch man. I'm super stoked
    07-29-13 12:57 PM
    No problemo

I'm using this now every day and I fix issues when I see them.

I'm used to work with webdav too with my application : PlayCloud10.

So I have a full cloud solution for my BlackBerry 10 !

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 01:13 PM
    I've got this working, but it still drops all the timed events -- and then on the next timed interval (or if you refresh) they come back!

All-day events don't disappear -- just the ones with times on them. BIZARRE.

I put the patches you have in your repo into the code instance I'm running to fix the UID problem. The other clients I have operating against this (Thunderbird plug-in and the web interface) are not having problems. Contacts are working fine.
    09-07-13 09:55 PM
    Hopefully 10.2 will fix all these issues!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 06:52 AM
    I'm running 10.2.

Other than the imported item problem (imported items that are not all-day do disappear sometimes) it's working very well. I suspect that a wipe-and-reload will fix this as there's some vestigal stuff in the phone from when I had the same items linked from Google's calendar, but I may be wrong on that.

I'm not willing to wipe the phone to find out however, although the next time I load a leak I'll find out ;-)
    09-10-13 07:22 AM
    Awesome! Can't wait for 10.2

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:16 AM
    I just signed up for an ownCloud account and experienced this issue, it's such a PAIN to switch to Blackberry. The exact same service works FINE for my iOS device. As much as I like the Q10, there are just way too many hoops to jump through.
    04-21-14 06:59 AM
    Owncloud is broken; it violates the protocol specifications. So do a lot of other CALDAV and CARDDAV servers.

Funny how radicale has exactly zero problems with the phonebook and calendar..... been running it now for months with literal zero in the way of issues.
    04-21-14 07:30 AM
    Owncloud is broken; it violates the protocol specifications. So do a lot of other CALDAV and CARDDAV servers.

Funny how radicale has exactly zero problems with the phonebook and calendar..... been running it now for months with literal zero in the way of issues.
    The problem is that BlackBerry expects top level domain for carddav, which is a pain in the **** for hosted solutions. At the end of the day it's another strike against BlackBerry when it works on every other mobile os except for BlackBerry.
    No one cares about protocols and specifications if someone else can make the 2 talk.

What gets people's money is yes, not no, and not no because...

Posted via my Q10
    04-21-14 04:21 PM
    The problem is that BlackBerry expects top level domain for carddav,

Uh, nope.

Not only can I be anywhere I want in the hierarchy I can (and do) use a non-standard port too. The one requirement for CardDAV is that you must run HTTPS (you're nuts not to, incidentally) although a personal CA for the SSL cert is perfectly fine.

I have my CardDAV server at cudasystems.net:customport/user/contacts, where "user" is the user's login ID and "contacts" can be anything (I just happen to use "contacts" personally, natch.)

Works just fine and I've got my end configured so it automatically allows anyone with an email account on my infrastructure to authenticate against the IMAP server and as a result there's no "individual" setup required on my end. If you have an email account you can point at the server under your login ID for calendars (any number of them), contacts (any number of said databases for those) or both.

It just works.

04-21-14 04:37 PM
    According to the OP and the ownCloud docs they both say that's the case.

Posted via my Q10
    04-21-14 07:19 PM
    Ok, so that someone's software is broken is BlackBerry's problem.... why?

Again Radicale has no problem with this. I've been running it in production for quite some time now. Works fine. Doesn't duplicate contacts, doesn't have problems with calendars, just works.
    04-21-14 09:31 PM
    Ok, so that someone's software is broken is BlackBerry's problem.... why?

Again Radicale has no problem with this. I've been running it in production for quite some time now. Works fine. Doesn't duplicate contacts, doesn't have problems with calendars, just works.
    Which client do you use?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 02:56 AM
    Beyond BB10 devices (obviously) there are clients running Thunderbird (Windows email client with calendar capability.)

Owncloud was tried here and had major problems -- and not just with BB10 either. It liked to generate interesting results both in contact cards and in calendars with various clients, none of them good.

In contrast radicale has been one of those "set it up and forget about it" things.
    04-22-14 06:16 AM
    I tried to use OwnCloud with your help, but I got some problems.
    While trying to connect the caldav or carddav account, I received the message, that i could not be authentificated. Because I thought, it could be a problem with the rewriting, i tried the following:

Opening the URL /remote.php/caldav opens a page with a listing of two folders
    Opening the URL /remote.php opens an empty page

But opening the basedir (and using the rewrite-rules) just opens a page with the plane text "No input file specified."

So it's the following: The rewriting seems to work, but OwnCloud throws this error, when accessing the file via rewriting...

Any suggestions? Thanks for all help..
    04-24-14 07:28 AM
    Owncloud works out of the box without any hacks, but that being said... it does duplicate contacts if you add a new one from the device

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 10:11 PM
    Owncloud works out of the box without any hacks, but that being said... it does duplicate contacts if you add a new one from the device

Posted via CB10
    In other words, it's buggy. :-)
    04-26-14 09:52 AM
26 12