Hi,

I was wondering which screen protector should I put on my Q10?

I was thinking of the Zagg or the BlackBerry OEM Screen Protector.

Any recommendation would be appreciated

Thanks
    05-14-13 09:45 AM
    The OEM BlackBerry screen protector fits perfectly and were on sale at ShopCrackberry. With the swiping, you need a screen protector that goes right to the bottom of the screen otherwise the swiping may just lift the bottom edge of it after some time.
    05-14-13 10:17 AM
    I have not tried the BlackBerry ones but I hear they're great. I actually have one because they come with the BlackBerry transform case. If you're looking for a good case and like the BlackBerry transform case, get it because it comes with a BlackBerry screen protector included. Personally I had bought the ishieldz screen protector before I got the transform case and it is a high quality screen protector that is sold at shop crackberry as well. Don't even notice it is there and the texture is very nice as well.

Edit: just realized you're talking about the Q10 so the transform case isn't available yet I think.
    Last edited by agp101; 05-16-13 at 11:52 AM.
    05-14-13 10:24 AM
    Well I finally ordered the Blackberry Screen Protector, hopefully it'll be good. Just wondering, does it help for the smudge on the screen?
    05-16-13 11:03 AM
    I'm really happy with the ghost Armour screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:04 AM
    I'm really happy with the ghost Armour screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    I second the ghost armor recommendation. Even Best Buy prefers ghost armor to Zagg.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:15 PM
    What about ishieldz?
    05-16-13 01:40 PM
    I shieldz

The 100% life time guarantee is one of the best all around!!!

I've use I shieldz on all my digital products, tablet, and cell phones and I've never been disappointed!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:05 PM
    Zagg and the cheaper product XtremeGuard are great so...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:17 PM
    Does anybody know if the OEM BlackBerry screen protectors are available in the UK? I haven't seen them for sale on any UK sites :-/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    05-16-13 02:18 PM
    I always prefer the BlackBerry official screen protectors, mainly because they fit so perfectly. I dislike isheildz, they're always too small and have this crud that builds up along the edges.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 03:44 PM
    The screen protector for the Z10 included with the transform shell is a great screen protector. I have this 10 dollar "HD" protector on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 03:45 PM
    I'm going to go with the official BlackBerry screen protector when my Q10 arrives. Using a 99p one from China on my Curve 9320, and the cut-outs for the ear piece and the LED notification light are way out :-/ It still protects my screen though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    05-17-13 01:57 PM
    Using a $15 protector from FutureShop, but it's not great, causes some screen distortion. I've seen Spigen SGP protectors for other phones, and they seem fantastic, I recommend anyone who might be interested to shoot them an email and urge them to make a screen protector for the Q10!
    chris8189 likes this.
    05-17-13 02:04 PM
    I have the BlackBerry Screen protector and would recommend it. Fits great and has a smooth feel, not to mention a good value.
    chris8189 likes this.
    05-17-13 02:16 PM
    I have the ArmorSuit one. Very happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 02:21 PM
    I bought the Blackberry Screen Protector, but I feel like it smudges too easily. But other than that, it fits perfectly and its great
    05-21-13 09:11 AM
    I bought the zagg invisible shield for the Q10! Feels goood! Dont have the phone yet to know the fit haha
    05-21-13 09:39 AM
    I'm using the store brand protector from The Source, which is made/imported by G-ZED which I think is a company out of Markham. The cutouts are lined up perfectly, and it had the sheet (screen protector protector?) on top of the film to prevent scratches during application. I lined it up about 1 mm from the bottom of the screen glass before I put it down.

The feel is fairly close to what the glass felt like, the proximity sensor is clear, and I can read the screen in all but extremely direct, noon-time sunlight. Couldn't be happier.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    05-21-13 10:01 AM
    I bought ishieldz and it was super easy to install with the included liquid, squeegee and whatnot. I feel a little bit of stickiness but really it's just a slightly higher friction than the surface of the uncovered screen. I got used to it quickly and don't notice it any more. Accuracy, responsiveness and clarity are perfect. I've had it on for a couple of weeks and there isn't a hint of fogginess or a scratch (I usually keep my phones in front pockets so the cheap ones always show marks after a week or so). I think it's because of the liquid install method but mine had an orange-peel look for a few days (had to carefully look in bright light) but that has gone away completely. The holes are cut perfectly but I do find the edges to be a little small. I'm sure this was intentional because everything is very precise and it's obviously a high quality product. Every screen protector I've ever had is slightly smaller than the screen size but this seems a teeny bit smaller. I don't think you'd even notice on a phone where you're not swiping but it was a source of frustration for a few days while I adjusted. Now I just perform my swipes starting on the screen instead of from off the screen and I don't feel the edge at all.

My phone is my office so I don't compromise on items like this. I'm almost certain it will be with me for the life of my phone and it was money well spent. That said, I might have been willing to try the BlackBerry version first even though I've experienced some of their accessories to be beneath the quality of the brand.

I'm watching this thread... if someone has a screen protector with perfect edge to edge coverage, a slick feel, perfect clarity and can vouch for no marks after at least a few weeks of heavy use I'll switch. For anything less I won't bother.

-I'm happy with iShieldz for Q10, but I can see that it can be better.-

Posted via talented thumbs
    05-21-13 10:21 AM
    Totally agreed!!! I'm a huge fan of the ishieldz product and you can't beat the lifetime warranty!
    Once the screen saver film "sets" its perfect and actually makes the gesture swiping more tactile and responsive!
    Get ishieldz!!! You won't regret it!!

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 10:28 AM
    ClearPlex - clear, feels like glass, easy to apply and well priced. Claims it will absorb a hit by a bullet. Welcome - ClearPlex

Only downside is the template cuts out a large corner to leave the camera and sensors uncovered.
    05-22-13 11:52 AM
    Using a $15 protector from FutureShop, but it's not great, causes some screen distortion. I've seen Spigen SGP protectors for other phones, and they seem fantastic, I recommend anyone who might be interested to shoot them an email and urge them to make a screen protector for the Q10!
    Yeah same, bought that one and I ended up throwing it in the trash lol.
    05-22-13 11:54 AM
    I shieldz

The 100% life time guarantee is one of the best all around!!!

I've use I shieldz on all my digital products, tablet, and cell phones and I've never been disappointed!

Posted via CB10
    Best screen protector I've ever used ^^
    05-22-13 12:05 PM
    I used to buy screen protector from otterbox but when my friend gave me a cover for my blackberry which she purchased from amazon, I switched to it. I headed over amazon and looked for the maker of that fantastic cover she gave me and I found out that it was minisuit.

When I visited mini-suit's website I was amazed with the great discounts they offer with all their phone accessories. Not to mention, I also purchased a new screen protector for my z10.

What really made me happy is that, I made big savings as well as found the best accessories for my Z10 and other gadgets too.

I attached a photo of it here so you can take a look. Thanks.

Screen Protector recommendation?-1849.jpg
    05-28-13 04:32 AM
39 12