I have this problem with both the Z10 and Q10.

I have several accounts on phone: hotmail, several Gmails, and their corresponding contact lists.

When I add a new contact, either from adding a recently received caller, or even just creating a new contact, the phone will create a contact for ALL accounts and link them.

I have to unlink them, delete the ones I don't want (like one on hotmail), and keep the one I want (like one on local).

Is there a way to choose which contact list to add to?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 09:11 AM
    Wow, no response to this? I just came across this too tonight b/c I've decided to move all my contacts from my local to one of my emails. I have a total of 4 email accounts (work, personal, businesses) and when I add a new contact on my phone, it adds to all 4 accounts + SIM + Local. I then have to go into that contact and unlink all but the account I want it synced too.

@red2wu, I think once you unlink, it removes from those accounts once it's synced. I'm in the process of verifying that (mine is set to sync every 30 mins) but I agree, this is annoying to do each time you add a contact, you have to go back and unlink the unwanted accounts.

What is the quick way to delete all local accounts or do I need that app ContactX? I've read a couple posts to go to accounts and delete all from local but I don't see that...
    05-23-13 01:53 AM
    I agree it is a pain to have to unlink the 'local contact' but as I've posted before, a bigger pain is the fact that some contacts don't show up to link to.
    For example, two of my BBM contacts don't show up in the contacts app so I can't link them, despite the fact they are the two I speak to the most.
    This is the same with some Facebook contacts.
    Also, randomly, it seems to mess with my contacts. For example, some photos disappeared and don't get me started on What's App which is completely screwed up with contact names appearing with the wrong contact.
    Frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    05-23-13 01:57 AM
    When adding a contact the user should be presented with a screen like the one shown when you compose a new message. Except it should be check boxes so you decide which accounts you want the new contact on.

~STV
    05-23-13 03:30 AM
    On 10.1 software to delete local contacts (all), you go to settings-accounts. Once there click on the three dots in bottom right. You will see an option to clear local contacts.

Posted via CB10
    Mwanahabari likes this.
    05-23-13 06:58 AM
    Say I have a contact list that is linked to office365, and none are linked as local contacts. If I lose network connectivity, will I lose access to my contacts until a connection is re-established? Or is there a virtual local copy maintained?
    05-24-13 01:13 PM
    In my experience I dont add contacts via my blackberry 10 device. Rather I have created a master contact list through gmail via http://www.scrubly.com/ and rainmaker
    05-24-13 08:12 PM
    Say I have a contact list that is linked to office365, and none are linked as local contacts. If I lose network connectivity, will I lose access to my contacts until a connection is re-established? Or is there a virtual local copy maintained?
    Network connectivity loss will not remove the contacts. Only if the account is removed from the device.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 09:11 PM