I have the trial version of Spam Blocker on my 9930 and not sure if its working or not but seems to be running the battery down and eating up memory fast Right now my free Memory is 50,213,838 and when I take the battery out it goes back to 170,500,900 give or take

Seems this app is running in the back ground.

Is there a app that will actually block spam email?
    05-13-13 03:11 PM
    Why block spam from the phone's end? Do it from your email provider's website. Those apps are just battery drainers and most likely spam themselves.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 06:05 PM
    Hand down the very best spam block app is Antair Spam Filter. It's a bit pricey, but they gave me the first year for half price ($20 I think). After using it for a while I would be lost without it. They offer 30 day trials.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-16-13 12:32 PM
    Hand down the very best spam block app is Antair Spam Filter. It's a bit pricey, but they gave me the first year for half price ($20 I think). After using it for a while I would be lost without it. They offer 30 day trials.

I was hooked on the Antair app for some years now. I switched to "Email Spam Filter Pro" last year because it is simple to use, you can backup your filters to your SD card, and unlike the Antair the price is reasonable.

If Antair had a way of backing up your filters I would have stayed with that.

I still use the Antair Call Screener and like that.
    05-17-13 12:02 AM
    I just loaded Antair Spam Filter and will give it a try for the trial and go from there

Thanks for getting back to me on this Both of these you all suggested did not show up when i did the search in BB app world
    05-17-13 09:16 AM
    It just blocked the first spam. Finally found one that works..
    05-17-13 09:44 AM
    I was hooked on the Antair app for some years now. I switched to "Email Spam Filter Pro" last year because it is simple to use, you can backup your filters to your SD card, and unlike the Antair the price is reasonable.

If Antair had a way of backing up your filters I would have stayed with that.

I still use the Antair Call Screener and like that.
    I've been backing up my settings since I had it. There's an option to backup to SD card under tools. I believe that backs up all filters, but not 100% sure. I'm using the touch screen version.

05-17-13 11:27 AM
    What do you mean backing up your settings to your SD card and why?
    05-17-13 11:47 AM
    If you go under the tools icon you'll see a list of things you can modify to your taste. Also in the other icons you'll see how you can whitelist and blacklist addresses, domains, etc. You settings can be saved to your SD card under the tools icon.

05-17-13 01:08 PM
    Also....be sure to sync with your contact list. It's an option under your tool icon as well. This will automatically whitelist all of your contacts so they're not flagged as spam.

05-17-13 01:10 PM
    You might also want to check out MailMinder in Blackberry World. https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US I use it on my Bold 9930 OS7.1 and it works great! Love the different filters you can use (set up) to block your spam. I have no issues with this app draining my battery.
    05-18-13 06:25 AM
    So far it has blocked about 50 spam and crap and has freeded up time deleting.
    05-18-13 08:46 PM
    So far it has blocked about 50 spam and crap and has freeded up time deleting.
    Here's the best part. Under your sound settings turn all your email account notifications to OFF, then go to "other applications notifiers", select Antair and set that up as you prefer. Then go into Antair settings and check the box that says "Notify on new spam message".

Now the only time your notifications will sound or LED will flash is when you have a non spam message. Saves you from constantly checking spam messages and also saves battery in the process.

05-19-13 10:08 AM
    Loving this spam blocker. A must if you get spam
    05-21-13 09:12 AM