Hi all,

Not sure if anybody else has experienced this, but my phone does not seem to want to recognize my headphones being plugged in. It seems to think that the headphones are being plugged and unplugged rapidly and repeatedly. Does anyone have a solution?

Posted from CB10 using a Blackberry Z10
    05-13-13 08:47 AM
    Cheers,

Make sure you push down hard enough. Use common sense but it does take more force than I thought it would on my Z10. You will hear a little click.

I read a post on here and someone answered that person this way so I pass it on to you.

~STV
    bbry nyc2013 and darrio like this.
    05-13-13 08:48 AM
    It's strange because it happened very suddenly while I was walking. I was even listening to music as I was walking, and the jack was working properly. Alas, your proposed solution didn't seem to work, but thanks anyway. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

05-13-13 09:00 AM
    I have a similar issue, but I need to twist/turn mine for it to kick in, and it cuts in/out...I called Rogers and said would need to take it into a store to send it out for repairs...not good for a 2 month old phone.
    05-13-13 09:03 AM
    Mine does this as well. It is extremely annoying. 90% of the time my headphones (actual headphone/ear buds) will work instantly. Sometimes it take a few tries.

My real problem is using an auxiliary connection to a car. It works maybe 40% of the time and I have to sit there for a few min to try and get it to work. This only happens with auxiliary. It just sits there and makes a constant clicking noise through the car speaker, and when I hit play it just comes straight out the phone.

It is very annoying.
    05-13-13 09:07 AM
    My old 9700 used to do this as well but I could easily fix it by pulling the plug in and out repeatedly. This doesn't work either. This is so frustrating I would really rather not have to send my phone in for repairs.

05-13-13 09:11 AM
    Had this problem in the beginning but after several hard pushes(within limits) initially, it beens working since.
    05-13-13 09:15 AM
    Battery pulling and restarting does not work either. Blurgh.

05-13-13 09:16 AM
    Pocket fluff? Try vacuuming the headphone socket.
    05-13-13 10:15 AM
    decided to try with another set of headphones, and works perfectly. strange. i'm wondering if it may be that the pair that stopped working has an inline mic and volume controls? though it still doesn't explain why it stopped working so suddenly.
    05-13-13 01:23 PM
    i had the same problem after i dropped water on the remote part of the headphones.( jvc marshmallow with remote)
    every time i connect the headphones to the z10 and or 9790 it keeps being plugged and unplugged rapidly and repeatedly, however when i connect the headphone to ipod/iphone5/samsung galaxy or laptop it work perfectly
    the only solution is to get another headphone
    05-13-13 01:51 PM
    More than likely it's hardware miss match. The mini jack of the device you using is off just enough to make contact with the second 'ring' connection of your Z10. Typically headphone connections are tip ring and sleeve. The Z10 has tip ring, ring sleeve to accommodate a microphone connection. If your headphone connector is slightly off then you'll experience the odd behavior you describe.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 02:11 PM
    I had the same problem and your solution worked. Just pushe harder until i heard a click. Problem solved thanks!
    07-29-13 09:17 PM
    What I found is if you set Settings-Accessibility-TTY Settings at "on" position, your headphone will not work, sound of music will go directly to speaker.
    nocturnalknight likes this.
    12-05-13 09:25 PM
    Have had the same problem! Way annoying for a quick fix...try slipping a sliver of aluminum foil in with prong into the jack...its kinda ghetto but seems to help with any "ring gaps"...not perfect but noticeable improvement in sound quality and recognized earphones more easy than before. Good luck! At this point the only thing I use my bberry for is an mp3 player.
    01-05-14 01:27 AM
    I had the same problem.. I tried to do something but I don't know if it will work for everyone.. I inserted the Earphone into the audio jack and just let the music play through the main speakers.. after that I press the answer button for about three seconds and the Voice command thing should pop up.. after that I just swiped up and tried to resume what I was playing, and Voila! it works for me now!

Hope it helps!
    03-02-14 12:23 PM
    I noticed that one set of headphones no longer works since 10.2.1. Might be a software change.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 12:29 PM
    Guys - I have the same issue too. I think for me though is that the stereo aux jack was a tad big and messed with the port. That said, most other earphones work. Is there a software method to tell the blackberry to send the sound to the headphones, or to force it per se?
    03-05-14 08:13 AM
    Guys - I have the same issue too. I think for me though is that the stereo aux jack was a tad big and messed with the port. That said, most other earphones work. Is there a software method to tell the blackberry to send the sound to the headphones, or to force it per se?
    The answer is a MAYBE. While playing some music, Press the MORE... icon (bottom right) and then chose AUDIO. You can switch between modes (Speaker/Handset/headphones). The MAYBE is because if the jack is broken, it may still not work.

Free in BBworld is Blackberry Virtual Expert and it can run speaker/headphone, etc tests.
    03-05-14 09:27 AM
    Had a similar issue and needed to:
    Enable TTY in Settings - > accessibility
    Reboot device
    Disable TTY
    Reboot device again

I I had the problem with all headphones (aux, beats by Dre, JVC (no remote)) and only in the morning 8:00-10:00ish am (UK time). Did a restore as well which didn't work out for me

Hope it helps

Posted via CB10
    pragyesh likes this.
    03-05-14 01:30 PM
    I had problems off and on with the headset jack since I got the device. It used to be that almost any headset with a mic would mute all sounds after it was disconnected from the device. That was fine, as I had two sets of headphones that would not cause this symptom. Since the upgrade to 10.2.1, the headset port just went dead while I was streaming radio through TuneIn. It sometimes detects the headset being there, but not often. Thinking about sending it for warranty service now that I have a Q5 to play with.
    03-05-14 02:03 PM
    I had a problem with the headphone jack that came out of nowhere when I was on a stock T-mobile OS. I could get it to work by screwing with apps and the phone but not consistently, I upgraded to one of the leaks and it's been fine since. Weird. I am running 10.2.1.2141 right now.
    03-05-14 03:53 PM
    TTY was on. Eureka!! So happy now, have 1000's of songs I listen to with headset & phone jack on my car stereo. I'm not real tech savvy. Don't like everything wireless, it's a pain to set up & gets reception static. Thanks so much!!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    04-18-14 07:28 PM
    Thanks Reno... it works for me.
    01-05-15 01:38 AM
    Cheers,

Make sure you push down hard enough. Use common sense but it does take more force than I thought it would on my Z10. You will hear a little click.

I read a post on here and someone answered that person this way so I pass it on to you.

~STV
    to that guy that was advising:
    push your self down hard enough!

solution

DO THIS: settings-accessibility-TTY-off!
    08-28-16 07:11 PM
26 12