I love my z10, but have been less than impressed with the battery consumption. I was looking through my settings last week and came across "DATA SERVICES". By turning this off, I can get a full day on a charge. If I leave it on, I get about 4 hrs.

I went to Verizon and get a new battery thinking mine might have been bad. It was not.

For some reason, it is constantly using "DATA SERVICES" even when nothing is running in the background. I'm happy they have this option, however they should fix the OS where it is only on when you are using something that needs "DATA SERVICES" (FB, Twitter, Browser, Sending/Receiving MMS)
    05-13-13 08:46 AM
    I love my z10, but have been less than impressed with the battery consumption. I was looking through my settings last week and came across "DATA SERVICES". By turning this off, I can get a full day on a charge. If I leave it on, I get about 4 hrs.

I went to Verizon and get a new battery thinking mine might have been bad. It was not.

For some reason, it is constantly using "DATA SERVICES" even when nothing is running in the background. I'm happy they have this option, however they should fix the OS where it is only on when you are using something that needs "DATA SERVICES" (FB, Twitter, Browser, Sending/Receiving MMS)
    The Z10 works best with an always on connection, how else will you get an email, FB, Twitter, Linkedin or any of the other notifications about a new message? Some accounts will let you select a sync interval, but most don't seem to.

The real problem is the fact that you can't turn off 4G on Verizon devices We really need a option to only use 3G until we want to use a faster connection and manual change to the faster radio.
    Blake Moyer likes this.
    05-13-13 08:58 AM
    well, my battery now lasts twice as much longer than before i updated to the last leaked version 1762 for stl100-2.

just letting you know that this issue is already being fixed. so, u can always install the leaked version ( at your own risk ) or simply wait for your carrier to push out the update. but meh, carriers always slack when it comes to pushing out updates. just sayin
    Last edited by Saied Bach; 05-13-13 at 09:00 AM. Reason: typo
    Blake Moyer likes this.
    05-13-13 08:58 AM
    Options > Security and Privacy > Diagnostics

Turn this off. Data hog in my experience. Turned it off an did made a huge difference.

Posted via CB10
    ARWestenberger likes this.
    05-13-13 09:03 AM
    I understand the consequence of disabling it. But enabling it every hour or so will help it limp along. Its what I have to do for now.
    05-13-13 10:07 AM
    The Z10 works best with an always on connection, how else will you get an email, FB, Twitter, Linkedin or any of the other notifications about a new message? Some accounts will let you select a sync interval, but most don't seem to.

The real problem is the fact that you can't turn off 4G on Verizon devices We really need a option to only use 3G until we want to use a faster connection and manual change to the faster radio.
    I agree that the leaked OS (I'm on 1483), have MUCH improved battery life. If the OP is using the stock Verizon OS, he'd be much better off looking into installing one of the leaks.
    05-13-13 11:54 AM

Turning data services off is a step too far I think. You might as well turn your z10 off completely and then you would have an awesome battery life.
    05-13-13 12:35 PM
    well, my battery now lasts twice as much longer than before i updated to the last leaked version 1762 for stl100-2.

just letting you know that this issue is already being fixed. so, u can always install the leaked version ( at your own risk ) or simply wait for your carrier to push out the update. but meh, carriers always slack when it comes to pushing out updates. just sayin
    yeah, apart from some bugs (so far I can live with them, not a big issuw for me), this 10.1 OS brings better battery life. I put a torture against my Z yesterday with non-stop activity of short voice calls, emails bbm whatsapp maps and skype, it still could manage a straight 10 hrs of life with 22% juice remaining. that's impressive!
    05-13-13 05:32 PM
    My battery lasts 4x if I turn airplane mode on, guise!
    05-13-13 06:20 PM
    Turning data services off is a step too far I think. You might as well turn your z10 off completely and then you would have an awesome battery life.
    Not true.
    I still get text messages, and phone calls.

I can still turn it back on quickly leaving that Settings screen open and using a simple swipe to get there.

So no its not completely off or on Airplane mode guise
    05-14-13 01:31 PM
    If you're turning off data services you might as well disable email sync or set it to several hours...

Also you won't be using chat clients or anything like that...
    05-14-13 01:34 PM
    I understand the consequence of disabling it. But enabling it every hour or so will help it limp along. Its what I have to do for now.
    05-14-13 01:34 PM