The "End Call" button needs to be touched 3 or 4 times before it hangs up. Features that require a touch in that area sometimes have the same issue - like the predictive text line also needs 3 or 4 touches. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 11:24 PM
    Yeah end call is a Byatch Burger for me as well. Someone mentioned hold it down for a second but I keep on forgetting to try it when I get off a call...

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 11:46 PM
    I have some sort of issue on the top right corner. Best example is Twitter: The button for creating a tweet is in that corner and I sometimes need multiple tries before the phone registers the touch.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 12:54 AM
    Seems End Call should have a bb10 priority command in the kernel,

Posted via CB10
    observer likes this.
    05-13-13 01:24 AM
    End Call not working very well is an issue for me too. I've tried a single long press, as well as tapping quickly to end a call, but neither method works consistently. It's really frustrating, especially if you accidently call a contact and cannot end the call before they answer. lol

The Q10 is my first Blackberry phone and I absolutely love it, and I really look forward to future software updates to polish it up.
    05-13-13 02:33 AM
    I have some sort of issue on the top right corner. Best example is Twitter: The button for creating a tweet is in that corner and I sometimes need multiple tries before the phone registers the touch.

Posted via CB10
    Yep same issue here... I find the top right corner, as well as the bottom right corner (actually, the whole bottom in general) to be rather problematic sometimes. Top right is definitely the worst though, always needs 3-5 attempts before it works.
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    05-13-13 02:47 AM
    What software version is everyone running? Call hang up seems much improved for me at least in. 273.

Still some lack of sensitivity at the bottom of the screen for some apps though.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 04:47 AM
    I'm running .238 at the moment. Just had a call earlier today and had no problems with ending it. But I'll keep an eye on this issue.
    05-13-13 04:57 AM
    Same issue with the bottom right but seems to be the issue with certain apps

Posted via CB10
    Snazy likes this.
    05-13-13 06:23 AM
    I almost feel like it's maybe delayed because the screen is backed out when it's against your face and then when you pull it away you're hitting it before it's an active button. Cus I have a z10 ans its the same thing for me. Don't have a problem hitting anything else ever.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 06:43 AM
    My z10 us the same way. I used to think it was a feature for preventing accidental hangup. But now I think it is a flaw. I tried Harmon.ie on a Q10 which is an office 365 app and some of the buttons on it were really insensitive, the app was almost unusable. Maybe it is Air apps?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 07:05 AM
    Ending a call kinda pisses me off too, I have to press exactly in the middle of the end call button.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 10:48 AM
    I'm running version .238 right now, waiting for my carrier (Virgin) to eventually roll out an update.
    05-13-13 11:33 AM
    I got my Q10 yesterday, and will not give it away because I love it. However, I can confirm that the screen responsiveness is very bad in certain areas:

• right upper corner, e.g. when trying to mark the star in contacts in order to define a favourite. Needs several attempts.
    • left upper corner, certain apps put a 'back'-button there, making trouble, almost always.
    • lower left corner, sometimes the 'official' 'back' - button apparently needs to be hit at its very left upper border in order to function.
    • hangup
    • button works ok for me. I`m on 273 as I upgraded immediately after getting the Q10 yesterday.

As several other users reported similar problems, I desperately hope that these are SW related flaws, which will get fixed soon, rather than defective screens, needing replacements. These issues are very annoying, and for me, to a degree, spoil an otherwise outstanding device.
    05-15-13 06:57 AM
    I think after some careful checking with apps etc that its not the screen sensitivity, but more the response of the actual apps that is determining what parts of the screen are non responsive.

For example as someone pointed out on another thread that attachment button on email compose is VERY sensitive, and located in almost the same place as the call end key.

Hopefully with some fine tuning the issues can be overcome. But as I have said before, my call end is a lot better on .273
    05-15-13 07:08 AM
    I think after some careful checking with apps etc that its not the screen sensitivity, but more the response of the actual apps that is determining what parts of the screen are non responsive.

For example as someone pointed out on another thread that attachment button on email compose is VERY sensitive, and located in almost the same place as the call end key.

Hopefully with some fine tuning the issues can be overcome. But as I have said before, my call end is a lot better on .273
    This is correct. Also on the create email screen, the send and cancel buttonswhich work great are in the same position as other buttons in other apps that make trouble. I have to say I'm a relieved in some way, and hope that BB and other developers read this and work on getting this fixed with high priority. Not only is this an annoyance for the user, but also decreases productivity.
    Defective hardware would have been much worse - for us users and for BB. I hope that for the US release of the Q10 - in early June - they will have a fix ready. At the latest.
    05-15-13 08:39 AM
    Totally agree that its only a little frustrating software issue, and not a wide spread hardware one.

Things will get better im sure. But for now its bearable.
    05-15-13 08:47 AM
    Tip: Try to tap the screen a little away from the edge. The issue might be the black bezel and dark themes, meaning you end up touching the bezel not the screen. I got used to it pretty quickly actually
    05-15-13 08:55 AM
    I too have had trouble with screen sensitivity on my Q10, specifically in the the top right corner and bottom of the screen. The problem is most apparent when playing Beach Buggy Blitz, but ending calls has been problematic as well. I am mostly chiming in so that it's easier to follow this thread in the hopes that some sort of resolution comes about.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 10:03 PM
    I have a problem getting accustomed to the smaller screen of the Q10 after getting used to the huge real estate of the Z10: I find myself pushing a tile up or down while trying to scroll.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 10:14 PM
    An possible explanation for the end call sensitivity is that if the phone comes off your face in a call and the phone wakes up, when you put it back up against your face the call will not be ended easily. On my 9900 I always found myself accidentally turning on the speaker phone when the phone woke up during a call. I'd rather have the button a tad harder to push than constantly be hanging up my calls (on the 9900, ending the call on accident was no issue because there was a physical button for it).

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 11:57 PM
    I can confirm the screen responsiveness issue as well. Especially on the top right corner but also on the bottom row where you would find the end button.

I am on .4285 so the string of recently leaked OSs don't seem to have fixed the issue.
    07-07-13 06:55 AM
    My end works fine if I hold my finger for a millisecond longer than i would have to on my overly sensitive iPhone.

In a call, I have noticed the keypad appears randomly even against my ear--but sometimes I have issues clicking camera in the bottom right hand corner. Haven't noticed much of the upper corner issue as a righty on my Q, though.
    07-08-13 03:02 PM
    Hi,
    If got the same problem with my BBQ 10 [ I love to call it like this ]
    If read that the blackberry uses a capacitive touch screens, this works with electric fields in a way, my english is to bad to explain, doesn't matter.
    [own theory: I think the problem is something with the "grounding" of your hand to the phone, that's why every phone has some metal at his outside ( iphone edging, blackberry symbol at the back ...) and in a concatenation of unfavorable circumstances this is not given some times on the BBQ10, but the Anti Static property film fixes this in some way]

The Think is, i bought a protection film with Anti Static properties sounds expensive but isn't.
    On ebay under 2� with free delivery
    And this film, specifically the Antistatic property solved the problem.

I got this one ( hope it's ok to share the link)
    Blackberry Q10 Schutzfolie matt Displayschutzfolie Folie Antireflex dipos 1A | eBay

I use this since 2 days and the problem with the touch sensitivity exactly opening the camera setup. work every time.
    That was not the case otherwise.

Hope this was helpfull
    and forgive me the spelling errors

Updatet, sorry this was not usefull, bug apeart a few howers later , to much euphoria thinging i found a way to "fix it" my bad
    Last edited by awesomevegas; 10-24-13 at 04:48 AM.
    09-12-13 02:54 PM
    I wonder where you got the information from that this film is antistatic - it doesn't say anything on its cover.
    I have a different brand screen protector on my Q10 and it didn't change anything. But if the brand you listed helps, I would like to try it, just want to understand where your information comes from? Don't want to buy a new set otherwise, as I still have one or two of my brand.
    09-15-13 08:02 AM
34 12