I did not specifically notice when this occurred, likely since one of the 10.0 updates on AT&T but since I have found that Songza and a side loaded Netflix have both stopped working, both complaining that a network connection is not available when starting up, when either just on the cell network or on wifi.

I also have slacker radio and other streaming apps still working fine so I am scratching my head a bit at what might be going on. Any ideas, anyone else having the same issues? Anyone figure out how to get around this?

Tks Zoo

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 04:14 PM
    Since my previous post I installed 10.1 in the hope my problem would go away but it has not and things are actually a little worse.

In addition to side loaded Netflix that can't see that the wireless network is on and Songza that is right out of BBW and can't see that the wireless is on now I have the same problem with side loaded RSA SecurID that forces a wireless network to initially setup and won't let me get to the point I can use it.

So basically, I have to guess that something is interfering on the Android side with detecting the wireless network and any app that requires this just won't fire up. Since 2 of the 3 are side loaded apps that used to work for me and the Songza also worked but is likely an Android port, that seems to be the common factor.

I have tried on different wireless networks and with differ cell providers as well to rule out a few things but I am stumped as to what to do now. I should have tried before restoring the backup I did before the 10.1 update but didn't think of it at the time.

My only thought now is a factory restore and manually reinstalling the phone to see if the problem goes away. I'd rather not but I haven't had any luck on the net finding a reference to this issue and much less a fix.

Anyone have any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 08:12 PM
    Since my previous post I installed 10.1 in the hope my problem would go away but it has not and things are actually a little worse.

In addition to side loaded Netflix that can't see that the wireless network is on and Songza that is right out of BBW and can't see that the wireless is on now I have the same problem with side loaded RSA SecurID that forces a wireless network to initially setup and won't let me get to the point I can use it.

So basically, I have to guess that something is interfering on the Android side with detecting the wireless network and any app that requires this just won't fire up. Since 2 of the 3 are side loaded apps that used to work for me and the Songza also worked but is likely an Android port, that seems to be the common factor.

I have tried on different wireless networks and with differ cell providers as well to rule out a few things but I am stumped as to what to do now. I should have tried before restoring the backup I did before the 10.1 update but didn't think of it at the time.

My only thought now is a factory restore and manually reinstalling the phone to see if the problem goes away. I'd rather not but I haven't had any luck on the net finding a reference to this issue and much less a fix.

Anyone have any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    My suggestion is if the applications aren't officially available on the BlackBerry World website then it's your problem that they don't work, not blackberry's or anyone else. Looks like you are going to have to wait until 10.1 is officially released by your carrier to confirm if 10.1 will work with your pirated applications or not. If not you might have to reconsider the device you are using.
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    05-13-13 08:18 PM
    Humm I take a slight offense to the use of the term "pirated". Netflix is a free app on Android and I do have a subscription, RSS SecurID is a freely downloadable app for Android and Songza is available on BlackBerry World.

The problem existed in the 10.0 legit build from AT&T and exists for me in the 10.1 leak. So let's focus on the issue and please skip the jabs that are off base.

Zoo

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 08:43 PM
    Argh - preview version of Skype won't connect because of course the Android app can't see that the wireless is up.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 08:53 PM
    Zoo is 100% on track. Happens with Songza for me and also with You Version Bible app, which I am pretty sure is an Android port as well. I haven't downloaded a leaked OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 08:59 PM
    Well the factory restore back to 10.1 and not restoring a backup did do the trick. I can again access wifi from the android side of things. Posting here for others to find if they get the same issue.

What a pain.

Zoo

Posted via CB10
    macallik and andisapt like this.
    05-14-13 10:19 AM
    Well the factory restore back to 10.1 and not restoring a backup did do the trick. I can again access wifi from the android side of things. Posting here for others to find if they get the same issue.

What a pain.

Zoo

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that info. Half my Android apps just started doing this. I will do this tonight and reload apps again.

Thanks again Zoo

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 L.E.
    05-14-13 02:05 PM
    Hi all,

This might not be directly related to OP but I will provide this info anyway:

Some weird bug exists in BB 10 and 10.1 causing Android apps to have no network connection on first launch.

I have worked with several companies and supported them in the conversion and deployment process of Android apps and seen the issue several times. Today a source from BlackBerry confirmed this issue and stated "It should be better with 10.2 / Android 4.2". I have no further info about the root cause or affected software.

For now just close the app and launch it again and I will work fine.

Cheers!

/JP
    06-24-13 12:53 PM