I was just wondering if......

Anyone new if Ubuntu Phone OS would run on a Z10 or could be loaded onto a Z10...

I'm not really clear what phones it does run on at the moment??
    05-10-13 08:49 AM
    I was just wondering if......

Anyone new if Ubuntu Phone OS would run on a Z10 or could be loaded onto a Z10...

I'm not really clear what phones it does run on at the moment??
    No, and it never will. Security is the reason. BlackBerry does not want to compromise its image.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:15 AM
    It is a killer looking OS. Though...I am looking forward for it to come out then maybe we can get some apps that give us some of the features.. it is heavy on the gestures like BlackBerry os10

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:19 AM
    Ubuntu was demoed on the Galaxy Nexus. They will be releasing Ubuntu for Android at some stage and probably some phones of their own but possibly not until late 2013 / early 2014

I prefer the look of Jolla Sailfish OS, they are revealing their phone on 20th May.

As for it ever running on BB10, It won't do so officially but who knows what some hackers may come up with, they're a clever bunch.
    dan1289 likes this.
    05-10-13 09:33 AM
    The Ubuntu OS actually wasn't that good I loaded it on my galaxy nexus and didn't really care for it after being super excited for it

Posted via CB10
    russworman likes this.
    05-10-13 09:40 AM
    The problem with Ubuntu for phones is, that it's pretty, but totally inpractical. Based on the demos, you'll never be able to use the phone one-handed. It has to be a nightmare.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 09:54 AM
    It is in theory possible to install a Linux ubuntu on an sd card and then run the os by inserting it to your blackberry device. Like live cd of linux for desktop.this method will not disturb the bb os and it's file system at all...but actually,no one cares about BlackBerry users and device. And for god sake please blackberry employees don't ever give your disappointing comments here,everything is possible in software sector even the hack of os. If you think pentagon can be hacked but not a bb device then you are wrong.
    10-20-15 12:11 PM
    It is in theory possible to install a Linux ubuntu on an sd card and then run the os by inserting it to your blackberry device. Like live cd of linux for desktop.this method will not disturb the bb os and it's file system at all...but actually,no one cares about BlackBerry users and device. And for god sake please blackberry employees don't ever give your disappointing comments here,everything is possible in software sector even the hack of os. If you think pentagon can be hacked but not a bb device then you are wrong.
    2 year old dead thread. congrats.
    eldricho likes this.
    10-20-15 12:18 PM
    Wrong, and two years after the thread died, but A for effort.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 12:20 PM
    I wanted to use Linux on my z30 so that I can run jdk(Java development kit) package for coding....it would be a lot convenient to program on a smartphone will lying on a couch or on dinner table. However next time I will do more research before purchasing my next smartphone. I can say that the bb priv will be the best phone for running Linux due to keyboard+trackpad slider,but it will definitely not,and also no rooting will be available (because it's blackberry)to run jdk within android os itself.....so a good Tata bye bye to blackberry next time.
    10-21-15 03:42 PM
    No. If you go to the Ubuntu Phone website it lists the hardware it runs on and has download able images.
    10-21-15 10:09 PM