Just recently I got a Z10 with WIND mobile. I've tried to use a 3rd party unlocking service to unlock my new phone but i've been unsuccessful with a couple of them. Something about them not being able to find my IMEI or something. I was wondering if this might be due to the fact that I havent been with WIND for 6 months or that it might have to do with my WindTab? Was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before? I feel like I'm trapped now with wind for 6 months with a phone that I would like to keep and move to another provider, but I am unable to do so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    05-10-13 05:59 AM
    By far the best unlocking service for BlackBerry I've found is freemyblackberry.com Their service has always been fast and reliable and has never let me down. Normally there are 2 levels of service; free - which takes 24-48 hours, and paid/donation. You have to pay for the Z10 but it's not a lot, the site is run by volunteers and enthusiasts. All the information you need to supply to them will be found on the side of your Z10's box and full step by step instructions are provided via email.

*EDIT*

I should add that you should be able to unlock your phone at anytime regardless what time frame WIND suggests, there are no legal or technical reasons why you can't.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jonesy1966; 05-10-13 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Extra stuff
    05-10-13 09:37 AM
    Thanks for the information. Not sure why I wasn't able to unlock my phone with 3 of the 3rd party providers. I am not entirely sure how the whole unlocking process works though. My IMEI was correct so its a little puzzling to me why they couldn't get me the code.
    05-10-13 11:15 AM
    Thanks for the information. Not sure why I wasn't able to unlock my phone with 3 of the 3rd party providers. I am not entirely sure how the whole unlocking process works though. My IMEI was correct so its a little puzzling to me why they couldn't get me the code.
    It seems the BB10 phones are difficult to figure out how to unlock. The site I suggested wouldn't attempt unlocking the Z10 until they were absolutely sure it would work, it took a couple of months before they were sure. Give them a go but check around their site first, they give you instructions on how to check to see if your phone's unlocked to begin with. Also bear in mind that you have 10 attempts at unlocking your phone, after that your phone becomes permanently locked to the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 12:07 PM
    So I reached out and ordered an unlock code from freemyblackberry.com but unfortunately they were unable to unlock it as well. They then told me that there seems to be issues unlocking the White Z10 on most carriers. I'm not entirely sure why or how exactly, because they didnt go into detail... but that really stinks! Also there is really no time estimate on when they would be able to unlock these phones.
    05-11-13 05:59 AM
    What is so horrid about Wind?
    You need coverage out in the boondocks?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:52 PM
    Its my coverage when I am at home, I live in a condo building and my reception drops a lot ever since I got Wind. I was with Rogers before and never experienced bad reception in my building, with Wind though it drops about 30-40% of time I am on the phone. Or even when I try to send text messages I have to move closer to my balcony to get reception for it to send.
    05-13-13 12:15 PM
    So I reached out and ordered an unlock code from freemyblackberry.com but unfortunately they were unable to unlock it as well. They then told me that there seems to be issues unlocking the White Z10 on most carriers. I'm not entirely sure why or how exactly, because they didnt go into detail... but that really stinks! Also there is really no time estimate on when they would be able to unlock these phones.
    I've unlocked white Z10s on Wind before. I will send you a private message. Check your inbox.
    05-18-13 10:25 PM
    It looks like my Wind Z10 came automatically unlocked from Wind. It says its unlocked with in: Security and Privacy -> Sim Card -> then under "Network Sublet & Service Provider" its says its unlocked. Could this be true? Unfortunately, I do not have another sim card to test.
    Last edited by mitchy_mitch; 06-13-13 at 02:28 AM.
    06-13-13 02:11 AM
    I bought my Z10 outright on Mar 4, so it has been less than 6 months. The other day, on a whim, I went into my account and asked to unlock the phone. It worked. $10.00 charged to my account and I got an unlock code, which worked like a charm on my phone.

II don't know whether the fact that I bought the phone outright made a difference, but I was told in a Wind store a month or so ago that the six month rule applies even to bought phones.
    06-13-13 07:41 PM
    It looks like my Wind Z10 came automatically unlocked from Wind. It says its unlocked with in: Security and Privacy -> Sim Card -> then under "Network Sublet & Service Provider" its says its unlocked. Could this be true? Unfortunately, I do not have another sim card to test.
    This is what you will see if the phone is unlocked. At the bottom of the the key is seeing "Network" Unlocked. Before I got the unlock code the other two, Network subset and Service Provider already said unlocked.
    Unlocking Wind phone before 6 months-img_00000037.jpg
    06-13-13 07:46 PM
    Thanks for your help. I just unlocked mine too for $10. Better now, than later.... before they put the price up to $50!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 09:33 PM
    Thanks for your help. I just unlocked mine too for $10. Better now, than later.... before they put the price up to $50!!!

Posted via CB10
    Your welcome, that's what this forum is for
    06-14-13 06:15 PM