I've ripped the new flipboard (2.0) from bluestacks and converted/signed, works well. It's noticeably smoother and loads feeds quicker, this is my initial impression so far at least. If anyone wants to host it themselves, or throw it up on a website/blog, go ahead

Grab it here:
    Zippyshare.com - Flipboard.bar
    Last edited by dj_matty_s; 05-09-13 at 11:31 AM.
    05-09-13 11:11 AM
    I received an email talking about the new features

"A New Edition of Flipboard Awaits You
    Mike McCue, Flipboard CEO

Hi Everyone,

Have you ever wanted to save something awesome you found on your Flipboard? Maybe it was a beautiful place you wanted to visit, a video you were blown away by or an article you loved. Well, starting now with Flipboard 2.0, all you have to do is tap the [+] button to save and collect the things you love on your Flipboard. But that’s just the beginning. Let me explain.

Tapping the [+] will "flip" the item you’re looking at into your very own Flipboard magazine. Magazines are great for collecting the things you discover and they can be shared publicly or kept private just for you. For example, you can create a beautiful magazine full of all the places you want to explore or all the books you want to read. Check out some of the magazines I’ve made:

Warning. This gets addictive, especially when you start seeing other people who share your interests reading and commenting on your magazines.

Our readers are already creating some amazing magazines which you can see in your Content Guide. Just tap the red ribbon and look under "By Our Readers" for featured magazines about things like interior decorating, travel, exotic cars and world-changing ideas. You can also now search for magazines, articles, photos and videos about topics you’re interested in, flip through the results, and even subscribe to your search to keep it as an active tile on your Flipboard.

There’s lots more in Flipboard 2.0 so be sure to check out Inside Flipboard to learn more. Whether you want to share your perspective with the world or just privately collect the things you find on your Flipboard, I hope you’ll love this new edition.

Keep on flipping.

— mike"
    05-09-13 11:53 AM
    Haha yup, got the exact same email, went to work extracting it right away

Honestly, this is probably my most used app besides bbm, it runs about as good as you could expect from an android port. Flipboard should just throw it into app world imo.
    KemKev and hamsterwheel like this.
    05-09-13 12:00 PM
    Haha yup, got the exact same email, went to work extracting it right away

Honestly, this is probably my most used app besides bbm, it runs about as good as you could expect from an android port. Flipboard should just throw it into app world imo.
    This works so much better than the previous Flipboard app. This is one of the most used apps I have ever used on a Blackberry. Thank you for extracting it and posting it. Much smoother and faster.
    05-09-13 01:24 PM
    I like flipboard so will try right now. Nice 1

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 02:12 PM
    Great

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 02:14 PM
    Wow this is nice, works way better than the previous version.

My sexy Z10
    05-09-13 02:46 PM
    THanks, works like a charm, and looks way better!
    05-09-13 03:02 PM
    Looks way better, smooth too. Thanks Bro
    dj_matty_s likes this.
    05-09-13 03:13 PM
    With this Bar... who needs a native app lol
    05-09-13 03:15 PM
    Brilliant! Yet to find an issue with it yet! Thanks!
    05-09-13 03:41 PM
    Fantastic I was just about to post asking if someone can convert this. I got the email and am so excited. Thanks for the conversion.
    Last edited by tfrankson; 05-09-13 at 08:17 PM.
    05-09-13 07:55 PM
    Quick question, how are you able to extract APKs and access them from your desktop from Bluestacks, I've tried this in so many different ways, the only possible way to access Bluestacks storage folders is to upload them via dropbox
    05-09-13 10:26 PM
    Here's how I do it with Bluestacks.

1) Download the app APK Share.

2) Use APK Share to backup the app you want, it'll save to "SD Card"

3) Download ES File explorer. Use it to locate the backed up application, then share to you cloud account (box, dropbox, etc). This sharing functionality is built into the app.

4) Download the app apk from your cloud account to your computer.

Posted via CB10
    fbloise likes this.
    05-09-13 11:08 PM

3) Download ES File explorer. Use it to locate the backed up application, then share to you cloud account (box, dropbox, etc). This sharing functionality is built into the app.

Posted via CB10
    Dude, why are you so awsome!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 11:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    See that's what I was doing but it's time consuming LOL. Thanks anyways
    05-10-13 12:27 AM
    Quick question, how are you able to extract APKs and access them from your desktop from Bluestacks, I've tried this in so many different ways, the only possible way to access Bluestacks storage folders is to upload them via dropbox
    I use an app called "apk extractor". you can install it on bluestacks and it allows you to extract to the sd card directory, or, and this is how I use it, send as an email attachment. that way I can detach it easily and work with it.
    05-10-13 12:56 AM
    See that's what I was doing but it's time consuming LOL. Thanks anyways
    Let us know if you find an easier way!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 06:52 AM
    fantastic thank you
    05-10-13 07:24 AM
    works great on z10! but still unreliable on playbook

such a pity as the playbook is the perfect size
    05-10-13 07:38 AM
    PS anyone who has blue stacks installed, u can download a program call Real APK leecher which is dead easy to get apks from. Just search it and download it!
    Djlatino likes this.
    05-10-13 07:39 AM
    Anyone experience this version being more laggy? I am. I will reinstall and see of it makes a difference.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:51 AM
    Anyone experience this version being more laggy? I am. I will reinstall and see of it makes a difference.

Posted via CB10
    actually substantially smoother for me. i had the latest version before this one.
    05-10-13 08:32 AM
    PS anyone who has blue stacks installed, u can download a program call Real APK leecher which is dead easy to get apks from. Just search it and download it!
    Can you save to a location on your harddrive?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:54 AM
    Can you save to a location on your harddrive?

Posted via CB10
    yeah you can. very convenient.
    05-10-13 10:34 AM
38 12