http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...&v=9BAKcT9T5zk

So I was watching that review above there
    And it got apparent to me
    BlackBerry can never beat iphone just because all the hate/bias people have towards BlackBerry
    It's ridiculous, i watched that review and this stuff is build into these people, you can even hear it everytime the iphone gets a shoulder up it "We give the advantage to the iphone " ,whenever the Z10 gets a nod it gets a " we can appreciate the blah bla", it's so apparent
    Not even do they mention the fact it has stuff the iphone doesn't even have (they do mention but apparently it doesn't play a role) like the hdmi out, nfc, removable battery, true multitasking.
    Man I don't know maybe I'm biased but I'm not sure, this attitude of "It's a BlackBerry so it has to be Crap" is really frustrating to me, I can only imagine how the folks at BlackBerry must feel
    This "Review " above you can clearly see which phone got the upper hand, yet in the end "We have to give it to the iphone because, I ate pancakes this morning " (or insert any other lame nonsense reason if you like
    It really is frustrating why do people have to be so close minded?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 06:52 AM
    The best advertisment is mouth to mouth
    05-09-13 06:54 AM
    I have seen some reviews where the Z clearly beats the iPhone browser, and the reviewer says, "slight advantage to the Z10 but not much."

Fortunately, word of mouth will play an important role, as previously stated.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:03 AM
    Who is asking it to?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:12 AM
    I don't know... Although BlackBerry is not top of mind I know a few people who are not that happy with iPhone anymore. Stale is the word that comes to mind. Most are probably looking at Android (and a couple have switched) but people who had a BlackBerry before may look again. Time will tell but I agree, Crackberry folks are the best sales people!

Posted via CB10
    stevepar, EchuOkan1 and RazzBerry like this.
    05-09-13 07:14 AM
    Umm . . I think the expression is 'word of mouth' . . Unless you're talking about resuscitation or kissing ;-)
    05-09-13 07:22 AM
    Umm . . I think the expression is 'word of mouth' . . Unless you're talking about resuscitation or kissing ;-)
    Hahaha yes mouth of mouth

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:23 AM
    Well said.

Who is asking it to?

Posted via CB10
    Love it. Well said also.

All the current devices have to do is do what BBRY needs them to do: create some mindshare
    Eric Shapiro and toksiep2 like this.
    05-09-13 07:23 AM
    It's not really sales or anything, I don't gain anything if BlackBerry makes millions or billions for that matter
    But I just think it's ridiculous how quickly people judge a product, even after they compare it side by side, and found it's better yet won't admit it simply because of some fear they won't be cool, or hipsters anymore
    Case in point, android is good, mainly because of how large it got ( lots of apps, support etc)
    But yet for me I think BlackBerry is still better simply because it can do everything android can, and updates I love updates
    When was the last time you saw the GS3 get an update, it's getting one now it's called a GS4
    Of all smartphones I think it's only BlackBerry the one that updates software with cool new stuff so regularly (we get cool new features and abilities for free on the same phone, I mean you gotta love that)

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    05-09-13 07:24 AM
    Who is asking it to?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. BlackBerry doesn't need to 'beat' Apple to be successful. As for the hate, there's only one way to overcome it, and I still say that BB has less of a task in that regard than MS does overcoming the WinMo stigma. If BB10 is truly a good and durable platform, it will stand the test of time and emerge as a viable third option. That, in my opinion, will define its success. After that, anything can happen.
    05-09-13 07:24 AM
    Kissing could work...
    05-09-13 07:25 AM
    It's not really sales or anything, I don't gain anything if BlackBerry makes millions or billions for that matter
    But I just think it's ridiculous how quickly people judge a product, even after they compare it side by side, and found it's better yet won't admit it simply because of some fear they won't be cool, or hipsters anymore
    Case in point, android is good, mainly because of how large it got ( lots of apps, support etc)
    But yet for me I think BlackBerry is still better simply because it can do everything android can, and updates I love updates
    When was the last time you saw the GS3 get an update, it's getting one now it's called a GS4
    Of all smartphones I think it's only BlackBerry the one that updates software with cool new stuff so regularly (we get cool new features and abilities for free on the same phone, I mean you gotta love that)

Posted via CB10
    Would you consider the possibility that for some people, it just isn't up to par? That ain't hate. It's reality.

It's true for every platform. I say this because on EVERY tech forum, you see enthusiasts talking about the "hate" directed at their platform of choice.
    05-09-13 07:28 AM
    YouTube

BlackBerry can never beat iphone just because all the hate/bias people have towards BlackBerry
    It's ridiculous, i watched that review and this stuff is build into these people, you can even hear it everytime the iphone gets a shoulder up it "We give the advantage to the iphone " ,whenever the Z10 gets a nod it gets a " we can appreciate the blah bla", it's so apparent
    Not even do they mention the fact it has stuff the iphone doesn't even have (they do mention but apparently it doesn't play a role) like the hdmi out, nfc, removable battery, true multitasking.
    Man I don't know maybe I'm biased but I'm not sure, this attitude of "It's a BlackBerry so it has to be Crap" is really frustrating to me, I can only imagine how the folks at BlackBerry must feel
    This "Review " above you can clearly see which phone got the upper hand, yet in the end "We have to give it to the iphone because, I ate pancakes this morning " (or insert any other lame nonsense reason if you like

Posted via CB10
    Boss to such creepheads, just ask If BB APP WORLD has the same Apps as are possessed by Androids n Iphones, Who will win the battle. Its just a matter of Apps. Other two platforms have no other advantage over BB. Steve jobs was a class act. but he also couldnt think of a keyboard which bb have ( a great thanks to those developers at BB for virtual keyboard).
    brout likes this.
    05-09-13 07:32 AM
    Some of these so-called "reviews" are done by somebody who were paid to do what they have to do...

It is their job to make the other look fantastic while other is terrible... it is business, nothing personal...

Posted via Z10
    Net_Surfer and cherryberrie9 like this.
    05-09-13 07:35 AM
    is this CPR or advertising?

05-09-13 07:37 AM
    This is Blackberry's fault and its hard to blame people for this type of reaction. Year after year they ignored the consumer market and released phones that either weren't up to spec with top of the line phones (Bold series) or complete disasters (Storm). If your first Blackberry was a Storm then can you honestly blame those people for hating Blackberry?

As of right now the iPhone 5 is a better phone IMO than the Z10 because its more of a finished product and is without the bugs the Z10 has. Consumer sentiment will change over time as long as Blackberry continues to update the phone and doesn't leave people hanging like they have with other products.
    05-09-13 07:38 AM
    If it is business then I would not want their business! When dealing with customers and twisting things word of mouth is more powerful. I have had a few people ask me about my Z10 and I simply say that you could not want a better phone and I am glad I stayed with BlackBerry. The only issue is those I know that want a BlackBerry have to choose between the Z10 and the Q10!
    05-09-13 07:41 AM
    I chose the Z10 because of personal choice. Some people may look at that video and still want to check out the Z10. Then again they may look around for other reviews and written material that have a different view. The iPhone grew in popularity due to word of mouth and people showing off their phones.

It's obvious that Andriod and iOS have tons of applications but how many of them do people really need? Security is an issue as well. There are recent reports of malware on Andriod phones which Google didn't detect in their store. Blackberry 10 is still seems more secure than iOS or Andriod and that's a big plus.

In the end it's a personal choice for the consumer. Do they stick to what they know or try something new? It's up to them.
    05-09-13 07:44 AM
    Wow, I saw the review. Very interesting that they would said that the iphone beats the Z10 in almost every category (they both provide awesome browsing experience), I do not think so, here is why IMO, iso has their address bar to the top, while Z10 is on the bottom giving me access to the address bar whenever I need it. With the iphone5 (or ios) if you are at the bottom of a web page you will have to scroll to the top to get to the address bar. It is not OMG but it shows that the Z10 is a lot easier to navigate on the browser. We CB users are the best advertisers in the world. Every chance we get we let the people around us know about the power and functionality of the Z10 (and we are always willing to provide a quick demo of it)...
    daniel337 likes this.
    05-09-13 07:50 AM
    This is Blackberry's fault and its hard to blame people for this type of reaction. Year after year they ignored the consumer market and released phones that either weren't up to spec with top of the line phones (Bold series) or complete disasters (Storm). If your first Blackberry was a Storm then can you honestly blame those people for hating Blackberry?

As of right now the iPhone 5 is a better phone IMO than the Z10 because its more of a finished product and is without the bugs the Z10 has. Consumer sentiment will change over time as long as Blackberry continues to update the phone and doesn't leave people hanging like they have with other products.
    I completely agree, how can they release a phone that constantly reboots for example? BlackBerry fanatics put up with it but casual users can't.
    21stNow, eBud and tim6510 like this.
    05-09-13 07:51 AM

It's obvious that Andriod and iOS have tons of applications but how many of them do people really need? Security is an issue as well. There are recent reports of malware on Andriod phones which Google didn't detect in their store. Blackberry 10 is still seems more secure than iOS or Andriod and that's a big plus.
    BB users are way more scared of all that malware than Android users. Ironic, as a lot of the piracy of apks that is occurring is happening from BB10 sideloading.

But I agree with you: choice is good.
    05-09-13 07:52 AM
    Based on what he says it certainly seems like the Z10 is on top but when he closes out he says the iPhone 5 is better overall.

I think this is quite common. It almost suggests the iPhone is greater than the sum of its parts and although a lack of specific functionality has it running behind in direct feature comparisons, as a finished device it comes out ahead. I get where he is coming from.

Personally I think the Z10 shows a lot of promise. We mustn't forget that the iPhone is about to close its 7th year since release. There is a lot of enhancement been done over that time and although the z10 has come in with a very good first entry it really is a fledgling OS.
    05-09-13 07:52 AM
    YouTube

Posted via CB10
    For those of you who can remember, Blackberry was once a household here in the USA not so long ago, but they failed to deliver what the consumer was looking for, it's called complacency and a couple of long established companies here named GM & Chrysler just went through a simular senario.

It's going to take time to rebuilt the customer base, but the z10 has allot going for it and people are starting to look at the device here in the USA. You can't blame the retailers for not promoting it, they waited long enough and were faithful to still carry the older BB products in their stores to begin with. Apple and Android are the household names here now and whether you like it or not, they aren't going away any time soon.

I preach the BB z10 and it's great features every day here in the USA to anyone who wants to look at it and play with it, but it's not going to be easy. The Apple and Android devices are great products and have not gotten to the level they have because of fanboys or the cool crowd, it's because they are what the consumer wanted and the companies produced it for them. It's called supply and demand. The most basic business concept they teach any business student in any school I went to.

Brand loyalty only gets you so far and you just can't wait two years to deliver a product to the consumer in 2013 and expect them to come running to buy it unless it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Years ago when BB held the majority market share for samrtphones here they might have gotten away with it, but now there is more competition then there was then.

We Blackberry users have to try and get folks to use Blackberry products again and spread the word and that's going to take some time, I feel sometimes it's harder to rebuild a well know brand then it is just to start over. Just my opinion for whats it's worth.
    05-09-13 07:53 AM
    I completely agree, how can they release a phone that constantly reboots for example? BlackBerry fanatics put up with it but casual users can't.
    Please do not speak for everyone, because it don't happen to everyone...
    elGuapoTorres and heyfarhaan like this.
    05-09-13 07:55 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't have to beat iPhone. It just has to gain enough market share to be profitable consistently and make it cost effective for the platform to attract app development.

Chrysler has survived and it has always been the third of the Big Three Automakers.

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    05-09-13 08:07 AM
244 123 ...