An "Add to Wishlist" feature. I'm always browsing BlackBerry World looking for some cool utility apps, but sometimes I don't want to buy the app that moment. I would love to save an app to a wishlist and download it later or download the entire list.

Is there a feature that you would for BlackBerry World?

#postedwithaz10
    05-08-13 07:35 PM
    Yup....

Devs need ways to merchandise:
    - coupon codes
    - gift cards
    - ability for devs to run sales

Posted via CB10
    walt63 and miker476 like this.
    05-08-13 07:39 PM
    Now that is a brilliant idea!
    05-08-13 07:39 PM
    i'd also like to see them organize the catagories better,,, it's horrendous,,, the last couple days i've been (s)trolling BBworld on my 9850 & playbook & it's the same on both sites,,, you look in book section & there's clocks,,, you look in clock section & there's flashlights,,, there's another position they could can someone from & hire me to get that place straightened out,,, orrr, rehire that poster that got layed off,,, i'd bet they'd get it right...
    05-08-13 08:34 PM
    Totally agree with this one. If not a wish list, at least a download later list.
    05-08-13 08:37 PM
    Yup....

Devs need ways to merchandise:
    - coupon codes
    - gift cards
    - ability for devs to run sales

Posted via CB10
    Are you envisioning a total eCommerce package for the developers?

I think that would definitely entice more devs to create for the platform. The more money opportunities, the better.

#postedwithaz10
    05-08-13 09:37 PM
    i'd also like to see them organize the catagories better,,, it's horrendous,,, the last couple days i've been (s)trolling BBworld on my 9850 & playbook & it's the same on both sites,,, you look in book section & there's clocks,,, you look in clock section & there's flashlights,,, there's another position they could can someone from & hire me to get that place straightened out,,, orrr, rehire that poster that got layed off,,, i'd bet they'd get it right...

Heh. What's funny is I had the exact same idea the other day - go contact Blackberry and tell them I will take over running that thing and get that chaos dealt-with.

Not only are many items mis-categorized, there are WAY too few categories for the amount of items in there. Makes me so mad when I go to look for ie a GPS app, and I have to scroll through hundreds and hundreds of "apps" which are simply map data add-ons for hundreds of specific cities around the world. That sh*t needs a separate category.
    05-11-13 01:58 AM
    would you be willing to pay $0.99 for a "download later" app?
    05-11-13 02:00 AM
    An "Add to Wishlist" feature. I'm always browsing BlackBerry World looking for some cool utility apps, but sometimes I don't want to buy the app that moment. I would love to save an app to a wishlist and download it later or download the entire list.

Is there a feature that you would for BlackBerry World?

#postedwithaz10
    Great idea.
    I totally agree, I'd love to be able to choose to add to wishlist/download later

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-11-13 02:41 AM
    would you be willing to pay $0.99 for a "download later" app?
    No. It would be better if it was built in.

I'm not a fan of purchasing apps for things that BlackBerry should have built in.

#postedwithaz10
    05-11-13 11:28 AM
    As far as a wish list is concerned...I use the Remember app. When I find an app I might like, I simply click on "Share", then Remember. I made a folder called BlackBerry World. This is my app wish list.

Posted via CB10
    DanceHike and CMcRob like this.
    06-02-13 09:58 PM
    Updating an old post.

Current version of BlackBerry World now has:

• Enhancements to reviews included version reviewed and date of review
    • App bookmarks
    • "Recently viewed" page
    • Ability to run sales

Some of the other items mentioned here may also be included now, I would have to go check.
    08-03-13 03:13 PM
    I love these ideas. Especially the wishlist, I now use Remember to list them, but that's not as convenient as it could be..

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    08-04-13 05:19 AM
    What I'm missing, or I'm understand as a bug is:

When I download a app the description of the App is gone at BlackBerry World. When I wan't to check "wait, haven't they said it has 'this' feature" I'm forced to search it at the website or to uninstall the App.
    If the App gets uninstalled the description gets visible again. But then I have also to redownload the App and all the settings or the savegames of the App (or Game) are gone.

A really ugly behavior IMHO and this bug is there since the beginning of the year. One of the first beta releases of BlackBerry World hadn't this hide the description "feature".
    08-05-13 04:15 PM
    What I'm missing, or I'm understand as a bug is:

When I download a app the description of the App is gone at BlackBerry World. When I wan't to check "wait, haven't they said it has 'this' feature" I'm forced to search it at the website or to uninstall the App.
    If the App gets uninstalled the description gets visible again. But then I have also to redownload the App and all the settings or the savegames of the App (or Game) are gone.

A really ugly behavior IMHO and this bug is there since the beginning of the year. One of the first beta releases of BlackBerry World hadn't this hide the description "feature".

I think it's intentional but I'm not a big fan of it either.

I view it as a typical corporate decision - they don't want someone who has already purchased an app to see the app's claimed functionality, lest it contrast with how well the app is actually working for them. In a way I understand because a lot of that "pre-sale" stuff is just unnecessary clutter to someone who already has it installed, but I would like a way to do something like check the current price or how they are currently describing it without having to jump through hoops.
    08-06-13 03:47 PM
    If this is really intentional it feels very strange to me. I'm still able to open appworld.blackberry.com at my desktop and search for that App. But it should work directly in the client without searching and dealing long with the website.

Sometimes the description is changing, new features are added... sometimes I find this really interesting how a App I like is growing and changing.
    They maybe should simply add a button to view the current full description at a already installed App. Just to give the users the possibility.
    08-07-13 01:23 AM