Seriously Guys I dont know what BBRY was wonderin To Put too High Prices Here in Brazil W a lot of other phones w better Hardware and cheaper, surely to an 3 world country It aint Good to BBRY so far Blackberry is not So popular here Lately so why SO High prices ? even higher than S4 and LG optimus G with powerfull hardware ... Im Upset about It

Google Translate
    05-08-13 05:32 PM
    To be honest. It's not always about specs. The Z10 is very unique on its own ways. In a good way. If it's to expensive I suggest the s3/s4. I have a Z10 and it's amazing! It works amazing with what it has.

Posted Via CB on my Z10
    05-08-13 06:08 PM
    A Lot of the higher spec Android phone's power goes to running Android smoothly. The Z10 rocks with what it has. The cost difference could be that BlackBerry developed its own OS and the others didn't.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    05-08-13 06:24 PM
    Tim, great point you have.

Posted Via CB on my Z10
    05-08-13 06:53 PM
    Brazil economy is growing and salaries are fairly high (at least in main cities) . But I guess you should know better than me

Z10 is much more than sum of specs. Unfortunately, most people are not educated enough to realize this.

Leica builds some awesome cameras and awesome lenses, with world renowned and unique picture quality. Does it have better specs than a Sony alfa series or Cannon camera? I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 06:55 PM
    Didn't we go thru the same scuttle with the India launch? It's just the MSRP, and carriers will apply 'discounts' to draw the customers to them?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 06:56 PM
    Other phones may have better specs but who cares. With BlackBerry you are paying for their superior app store and ecosystem. I would love to buy a galaxy or iphone but they just don't have enough apps.
    05-08-13 06:58 PM
    Usually, the authorized dealers are the one who dictating the final price or the selling price... BlackBerry has standard pricing on their products... and when it goes to the third party authorized dealers, they added "something"... and that "something" could be resulted from the cost of bringing the product to that country (including import tax as applicable), logistic cost (if it comes from outside, it will be more costly), the overhead cost, warranty, insurance, value added tax (as applicable) and other operating related costs incurred to bring the unit to the display stand - where prospective buyers can buy it...

And unfortunately, the buyers are the one shouldering all the costs... whether we like it or not...

Posted via Z10
    05-08-13 07:05 PM