I am going to be getting a curve really soon and wanted to know if you can send pictures thru a text message with the curve? and also recieve the pictures without going thru the hassle of the id/password on At&T's site?

Thanks
    10-08-08 04:20 PM
    It's called MMS. If you have a data plan and messaging on your account you will be able to send and received through an MMS client, just like text messages.
    10-08-08 10:18 PM
    Thats right. Sprint, Alltel and US cellular cannot MMS... but ATT is fine... yes you can send picture messages... go to messages, then hit the menu key and you will see compose mms
    10-09-08 09:10 PM
    Well actually. Sprint and Alltel can send MMS messages. Alltel just started 2 allow it. I have Alltel and finally saw it show up on my phone yesterday and have been doing it all day today. A buddy of mine has sprint and he was sending them to me as well,as well as another buddy with ATT. So basically........ur good with either ATT,Alltel, or Sprint!
    10-09-08 09:32 PM
    Wow... no Sprint cannot do MMS... you should research before you post... I work for sprint and I can tell you that I get plenty of ppl yelling at me because sprint cannot yet do MMS... please teamjager do a google search and you will see that sprint cannot mms
    10-09-08 09:36 PM
    Well let me restate that about sprint. They can do MMS on the 8830WE. I just did it with my buddies phone before I even posted that to make sure I was not just saying something before I knew. Sorry for the confusion but u CAN on a 8830. I'm not sure about the curve.
    10-09-08 09:56 PM
    No... you can't on the 8830 either... it doesn't even have a camera. Maybe with 4.5 service books come through that allow it, but as of right now NONE of the sprint blackberries come with MMS... no way to do it... maybe you can on the 8830 with alltel, but not sprint.
    10-09-08 10:07 PM
    come on someone back me up! the only reason im arguing right now is because I'm drunk and I know im right!
    10-09-08 10:12 PM
    Well it has os 4.5.0.77 on it and how are you going to tell me that it can't because it doesn't have a camera? That makes no sence at all. So now u need a camera to send mms? My 8830 doesn't and I can, go figure. Plus ur tryin to argue the fact that I just did it on a sprint phone. Wow ok. It doesn't really matter to me cuz I know what I did and on what phone with sprint service. Have a good night though!
    10-09-08 10:21 PM
    Blackberry's on sprint cannot send an MMS message. I have tried and failed on several occasions. So I used kennethmurrals post about sending it to the [email protected] and it worked perfectly.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

As for Stangs, I must ask if you know the difference between and MMS message and and SMS message. To send and MMS message from a phone that doesn't have a camera you would have to upload the image from you computer to your phone, or download it from the internet to you phone.

Either way I don't like calling people liars without seeing what they are doing and correcting them, but kenneth is right and you are wrong. Not to mention if he works for Sprint I think he would know, and if they service books for 4.5 aren't out yet, how do you have them?

Just some questions you could answer, but whatver, he's right, your wrong.

Cry me a river, build a bride, and get over it.
    10-20-08 02:23 PM
    I have an at&T data plan and still can't send pictures on the blackberry flip 8220
    10-27-08 02:41 PM
    I have a Blackberry 8330 Curve with Alltel and I CAN MMS. No problem.
    10-28-08 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD