Ok, I love this phone except for when...

The phone function of the phone does not work. Simple put, what the ****? I touch a recent call, the screen darkens slightly then goes back to bright, nothing happens. No call. This frankly seems dangerous if there was an emergency I want a phone that just works.

Sound is always cutting out/breaking. The phone is set to all notifications on and for no reason the sound will just stop working, no notifications, no music, nothing.

Music app often fails, won't let me select any music, I click and touch and touch and click, nothing happens.

I'm tired of resetting my phone everyday because basic built in core functions of the phone don't work. Maybe if it was a 3rd party app, sure things happen but the PHONE CALL app? Give me a break. I hope these issues get fixed because it makes a really nice feeling phone, feel like a half baked piece of garbage.

UGH
    05-08-13 08:04 AM
    I'm glad I'm not having these issues. Hope you get it fixed. Maybe a wipe and reload can help.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:08 AM
    Resetting the phone always works, but it is frustrating when things just stop working randomly.
    05-08-13 08:09 AM
    I can understand your frustrations, but please know what you're experiencing isn't typical. Have you tried a wipe and reset? I know it's a last resort, but it may be necessary in your case. If that doesn't fix the bugs you have, could you do a warranty exchange through your carrier?
    pkcable and jegs2 like this.
    05-08-13 08:11 AM
    Resetting the phone always works, but it is frustrating when things just stop working randomly.
    Sorry you are having issues. My phone works everytime I make a call using contacts, dial pad, highlighting a number from a document etc. Also, my sounds always work unless I select silent or bedside mode.
    Hope you find a solution.
    05-08-13 08:13 AM
    Wait, so are you saying that you do a wipe and reset but the problems come back? Definitely look into a warranty exchange.
    No @patnlesspenguin, I mean when I turn my phone off and on. Not completely wipe it.

If I wipe and restore my phone would I restore said bugs? I am hoping that the next update will clean anything up. I dunno about warranty, I 'd have to check that out.
    Which phone is it? What OS? You didn't say.
    Edit: its in the title. I gotta wake up.
    Z10 through AT&T software 10.0.10.116
    05-08-13 08:14 AM
    Again, would restoring my phone after wiping only bring me the data or would it bring back the bugs? Could a fairly old micro sd card be part of the problem? Any ideas?!
    05-08-13 08:48 AM
    Again, would restoring my phone after wiping only bring me the data or would it bring back the bugs? Could a fairly old micro sd card be part of the problem? Any ideas?!
    The micro sd card could be causing issues, but you won't know until you format the card or do a wipe and reset of the device. The bugs *shouldn't* come back, but if they do, that's when you'd look into a warranty replacement.
    05-08-13 09:06 AM
    The micro sd card could be causing issues, but you won't know until you format the card or do a wipe and reset of the device. The bugs *shouldn't* come back, but if they do, that's when you'd look into a warranty replacement.
    Can I format the card via the bb link manager or on the phone itself? Or is it something I need to do separately?
    05-08-13 09:10 AM
    Can I format the card via the bb link manager or on the phone itself? Or is it something I need to do separately?
    On the phone is best.
    Settings -> Storage and Access -> Format Media Card

Back it up first.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-08-13 09:12 AM
    Same version, same carrier here, no such problems. Maybe you got a defective unit. If it were me, I'd exchange it.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:23 AM
    Ok, I love this phone except for when...

The phone function of the phone does not work. Simple put, what the ****? I touch a recent call, the screen darkens slightly then goes back to bright, nothing happens. No call. This frankly seems dangerous if there was an emergency I want a phone that just works.

Sound is always cutting out/breaking. The phone is set to all notifications on and for no reason the sound will just stop working, no notifications, no music, nothing.

Music app often fails, won't let me select any music, I click and touch and touch and click, nothing happens.

I'm tired of resetting my phone everyday because basic built in core functions of the phone don't work. Maybe if it was a 3rd party app, sure things happen but the PHONE CALL app? Give me a break. I hope these issues get fixed because it makes a really nice feeling phone, feel like a half baked piece of garbage.

UGH
    The phone app crashed on me quite a few times and there's no way of recovering it without a reset. When all system apps crash a reboot seems to be the only way to get them back up.
    05-08-13 10:27 AM
    The phone app crashed on me quite a few times and there's no way of recovering it without a reset. When all system apps crash a reboot seems to be the only way to get them back up.
    The problem is that it happens daily.
    05-08-13 10:44 AM
    The problem is that it happens daily.
    Luckily the Z10 is pretty fast to set up, so as long as you back everything up you'll be up and running in minutes after you perform a factory reset.
    05-08-13 10:52 AM
    Luckily the Z10 is pretty fast to set up, so as long as you back everything up you'll be up and running in minutes after you perform a factory reset.
    Does everyones take awhile to load music and the hub?
    05-08-13 10:57 AM
    I have had my Z10 for a month now, and it doesn't give me any problems. Maybe you should title your thread with your actual issue, like: "I can't answer a phone call" or "Profile notifications problem." Be specific about your problem, and don't make random comments about the phone being a "half baked piece of garbage." I NEVER help anyone who does that.
    05-08-13 11:28 AM
    Does everyones take awhile to load music and the hub?
    As in setting up your music library and hub accounts, or the time it takes for music and hub info to populate once you enter the application?
    05-08-13 11:36 AM
    I have had my Z10 for a month now, and it doesn't give me any problems. Maybe you should title your thread with your actual issue, like: "I can't answer a phone call" or "Profile notifications problem." Be specific about your problem, and don't make random comments about the phone being a "half baked piece of garbage." I NEVER help anyone who does that.
    90% of the time my phone is a wonderful fully baked piece of delicious technology cake. But sometimes it bugs out. The problem isn't that I can't answer a phone call, it's that I can't make one, the problem isn't about profile notifications it's about phone wide sound. Buuuuuugs. Thanks for the non-help.
    05-08-13 11:58 AM
    As in setting up your music library and hub accounts, or the time it takes for music and hub info to populate once you enter the application?
    Oh I mean populating. Hub is pretty quick but music seems to take a long time.
    05-08-13 11:59 AM
    I can't agree with you more

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:02 PM
    Oh I mean populating. Hub is pretty quick but music seems to take a long time.
    It's always instantaneous for me, but I only have about 400ish songs.
    05-08-13 12:33 PM
    My only issue is the occasional random reboot.

Just had my first one of the day a couple minutes ago.. I noticed something out of the corner of my eye, and it was my phone on my desk, with the BlackBerry boot up screen that had lit up.

That is literally my only problem.
    05-08-13 12:51 PM
33 12