Hi,
    I have encountered a frustrating problem when using my BB10 device.... When I want to, for example, add a work colleague's phone number from a work email into a contact, I get the following error:

You are not allowed to paste work content into personal applications.

The same happens when I want to copy an email address from my work emails into a text message to send to a colleague.

This feature is slowing me down, and I lose flexibility and productivity, and it's unneccessary. In BB7 devices, we didn't have this restriction.

I know this is supposed to be part of securing work data, but it means we cannot paste ANY work data into sms messages, contacts... anything else. Given I use my phone for work, I have MANY work colleagues in my contacts, and I want to continually update them, or indeed send them snippets of emails via text. This policy stops us from doing this.
    There may be a workaround, but I am more interested in being able to use my phone my way. Work perimeters are protected with passwords, and we should be trusted as to how we use our data once we are authenticated.

Is this a problem for other people? Is this something that can be changed in an IT policy update from our administrators?
    Whilst it might be a purpose, it's arduous. We could, for example, put in our work perimeter password when we want to paste work content somewhere else.
    05-08-13 01:32 AM
    You'll need to talk to your IT administrator or CIO. It's something they configure.
    05-08-13 02:29 AM
    I did talk to them, but they said it was the purpose of BB10.... is it actually configurable? Is there a way to use your work perimeter password to unlock it?
    You'll need to talk to your IT administrator or CIO. It's something they configure.
    05-08-13 02:35 AM
    if the people you want to send stuff to are your colleagues, you should not have any problem using appropriate apps in the work area for that...

why would you want to send a colleague A's office number by text to colleague B when you can just send the contact card to colleague B's office contact app or he can look it up himself from the corporate address book? same goes for email

if you start moving protected stuff to unprotected areas then you compromise your whole organization and i'd fire your *** if i was your boss
    05-08-13 04:16 AM
    Our it department talked to the BlackBerry BES team about this. Currently this cannot be change... some pain in the... for me right now.

Might be fixed with future updates

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 05:19 AM
    not everyone has access to corporate address books all the time - especially in my job - and other times, people just want to be helpful.

without referring to your tone too much, i have my corporate contacts sync'ed with my bb. if i want to send a contact to colleague a, who might not be able to get to the corporate address book (not everyone has a phone that allows you to do this 24/7), it is helpful to send colleague b's details to them. if i try to get that from a work email signature, and send it via sms to colleague a, it is currently not possible. am i sending data to people that shouldn't have it? absolutely not. so tone down the firing.

as you can see from the next post, it is an issue for some people, so i'm highlighting it. on my bb7 device, i had no problems doing things like that.
    if the people you want to send stuff to are your colleagues, you should not have any problem using appropriate apps in the work area for that...

why would you want to send a colleague A's office number by text to colleague B when you can just send the contact card to colleague B's office contact app or he can look it up himself from the corporate address book? same goes for email

if you start moving protected stuff to unprotected areas then you compromise your whole organization and i'd fire your *** if i was your boss
    05-08-13 05:57 AM
    Isn't this BlackBerry Balance security feature? Kind of sucks, but makes sense

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 06:46 AM
    Not an expert here, but I read in the Q10 literature that it can be setup without balance, but pure corporate. If it is the company's phone, would this help and allow the use of text messages? Text messages may even be blocked there, as they may not be able to log them.
    05-08-13 08:10 AM
    Really stupid if you ask me. All I wanted to do was paste a code for my staff out of an email for a training they needed to complete. But no, can't do that. So to circumvent it, I used my almighty brain to memorize the 6 digit code and "paste" it into a text. Come on BlackBerry, we have enough restrictions in this world as is, without this nonsense.
    04-05-14 01:05 PM
    Really stupid if you ask me. All I wanted to do was paste a code for my staff out of an email for a training they needed to complete. But no, can't do that. So to circumvent it, I used my almighty brain to memorize the 6 digit code and "paste" it into a text. Come on BlackBerry, we have enough restrictions in this world as is, without this nonsense.
    It's by design. Get over it. Your employer could disable the BlackBerry balance if they wanted (though why would they), so blame them, not BlackBerry.
    04-06-14 03:49 AM
    The other day, I was linking to a URL from my intranet site to go to a HR app by SAP. For some reason the "work" balance side is not allowed to access Internet sites so I after getting a browser error I had to copy paste the url into the "personal" balance browser. But oh wait, that task was nearly impossible. Had to remember a 70+ character url with convoluted get request hash parameters.

This balance is not well thought out.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 06:25 AM
    The other day, I was linking to a URL from my intranet site to go to a HR app by SAP. For some reason the "work" balance side is not allowed to access Internet sites so I after getting a browser error I had to copy paste the url into the "personal" balance browser. But oh wait, that task was nearly impossible. Had to remember a 70+ character url with convoluted get request hash parameters.

This balance is not well thought out.

Posted via CB10
    Again, talk to your IT department. BlackBerry did not force your employer to implement an internet block on the work side. Your employer obviously considers this to pose some sort of a risk (or they don't know how to properly configure it), so that issue is with them, not BlackBerry.
    04-06-14 12:44 PM
    I completely agree with you. It is a pain and a hassle and is slowing me down big time. I have to paste it on my work email, send it to my gmail account which is configurated on my blackberry too, and then copy and paste. Extremely ridiculous process for doing so. Blackberry needs to ensure we gain features as we move on from bb7, not lose features. And thats just one thing we have lost, not to mention others like app shortcuts, pic sorting, notifications that dissapear when a headset is on....any many others. blackberry: PLEASE do something about these.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 10:50 AM
    You must have not been reading what has been said over and over again at all.

This is NOT an issue brought on by BlackBerry, this is an issue brought on by your IT department. So please, stop asking BlackBerry to fix something that doesn't need fixing.

One last time; talk to your IT department.

Posted via CB10
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    04-07-14 04:20 PM
    Can you please refer to the section of the manual that states it is a configurable setting to allow copy paste between work and personal balance?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 10:25 PM