Ok, I know and have used the gesture to swipe right to left on my Z10 keyboard to delete a whole word, but my friend has a Q10 and he was wondering if his phone has a similar shortcut somewhere. Can anyone help me with this? Too bad the Q10 didn't have similar technology on its keyboard like the keypad attachment I have on my Playstation 3 controller where you can run your fingers over the keys and it can control a cursor onscreen like a trackpad on a laptop. Would be nice functionality if Q10 had something similar for gestures like deleting previous complete words
    Homammer likes this.
    05-07-13 06:46 PM
    Ehh.. kinda. But not really. If you highlight a word with the cursor so that its all blue, you can hit the delete key and it'll remove the whole word. Nowhere near as cool as the Z10's swiping to remove words but it does work.
    DirtySantos likes this.
    05-07-13 07:04 PM
    Why can't we delete whole words by pressing alt-delete like legacy devices!?
    07-19-13 01:17 PM
    Why can't we delete whole words by pressing alt-delete like legacy devices!?
    Cause people who developed BBX never used a legacy device in the first place. Yup it happens even in big conglomerates like RIM.
    07-26-13 08:15 AM
    Cause people who developed BBX never used a legacy device in the first place. Yup it happens even in big conglomerates like RIM.
    Apologies for necroing this topic but I felt like I needed to get this out of my system. We're on OS 10.2.1 now and still not Alt+Delete. Seriously, what the hell? How difficult is it to implement such a simple feature? If there is one gripe that I have with BlackBerry 10 that is this one, and also the fact that the Alt lock and Caps lock is not released when you press space.

Fundamentals, yet completely forgotten
    12-28-13 03:33 AM
    Apologies for necroing this topic but I felt like I needed to get this out of my system. We're on OS 10.2.1 now and still not Alt+Delete. Seriously, what the hell? How difficult is it to implement such a simple feature? If there is one gripe that I have with BlackBerry 10 that is this one, and also the fact that the Alt lock and Caps lock is not released when you press space.

Fundamentals, yet completely forgotten
    agreed! I miss alt+delete to erase whole words...should already have been implemented....lets hope for the best

Posted with my Q10 on 10.2.0.429
    12-28-13 04:19 AM