Hi guys,
    i dont know how many of you are facing this problem, but since i updated my Z10 software to the latest one i.e 10.0.10.82 my work email account which is based on a linux system has been facing problems sending emails.

I receive the emails but cant send, apparently the SMTP server is not recognized. if anyone has an updat eor view on this.i would be grateful for any help.

regards,

Ali
    05-07-13 06:15 AM
    When you added the account to your device, how was it added, as IMAP, POP, etc? Go to Settings \ Add \ Advanced, etc...

Also, were you forced to enter the SMTP address for your server? If so, did you ask your I.T. department for the info?

PS: Welcome to CrackBerry!
    05-07-13 11:52 AM
    First, welcome to Crackberry.

I experienced the same thing. I used my personal phone for work and, after several days of trying it on my own, I called AT&T Web Hosting for help.

In order for this process to work,like naviwilliams said, I went into Setting -> Add -> Advanced then entered my user name (the part of my email address before @example.com), then my email address with password.

In the Server Address, it was the webmail.(the server name).com and when it came to the SMTP, it was smtp..(the server name).com -- this is how I got my work address to work. I hope this helps.
    05-07-13 05:51 PM
    i dont know how many of you are facing this problem, but since i updated my Z10 software to the latest one i.e 10.0.10.82 my work email account which is based on a linux system has been facing problems sending emails.

I receive the emails but cant send, apparently the SMTP server is not recognized. if anyone has an updat eor view on this.i would be grateful for any help.

There is a known issue with that version of the firmware.

Please see below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rsions-779341/
    05-25-13 05:22 AM