It seems as if though the guys at CrackBerry think lending BlackBerry emotional support will help them become the technology giant it once was. CrackBerry has not once pointed out legitimate weaknesses or areas of concern with BlackBerry's new OS BB10, that may in turn help BlackBerry make better products for all of us. Heck, it might even help us get better, more rounded Z10/Q10 updates in the days to come, given CrackBerry's influence. Sadly, CrackBerry is promoting posts made by users on their forums such as one of these iPhone users are jealous of my BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com on their homepage.

How is this going to help BlackBerry? Or, how is this going to help us, or even you for that matter? CrackBerry, you need to stop hiding the facts and present them how they are. Say the good stuff, but say the bad stuff too. I'm pretty sure BlackBerry is reading up on many of the things users are saying here, so use this opportunity to point them out the stuff they quickly need to get right. Talk about the reboots, talk about the 30-day e-mail limit. Make a big deal out of it. Feature it on your homepage. Give BlackBerry every chance to succeed if you care about them so much and don't give people who are planning to buy a Z10 or Q10 false expectations: the BB10 has a long way to go as far as functionality and stability goes. The Hub is awesome, it's innovative and it's something iOS and Android could borrow. The swipe gestures are also incredible. But the system isn't without it's quirks. It isn't without it's inconveniences and flaws, for instance the inability to search for phone calls from within the Hub and universal search.

As for CrackBerry addicts/users who have bought the Z10 and don't find any issues with it, please stop justifying your purchase.

iPhone users who are getting "jealous" of the new Z10 just by looking at it is understandable. It's natural. Because they don't own it or haven't used it enough to know about it's countless bugs.

CrackBerry, do yourself a favor and help BlackBerry, because I'm pretty sure your fate is tied with theirs.

** READ KEVIN'S RESPONSE TO THIS POST **

OP's response to Kevin's post can be found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8442185
    Last edited by jaygere; 05-07-13 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Added link to my response.
    05-06-13 04:32 PM
    It's a FAN site, what do you expect?
    05-06-13 04:34 PM
    look at imore, androidcentral, wpcentral and webOS central, do they ever discuss anything bad about the OS they are proud of on their front page? grow up dude and accept the fact, this is a fan site!
    05-06-13 04:39 PM
    This site is what actually made me return my Z10 and get my iPhone back. Everyone on this forum is so critical about getting updates and leaked OS software, that I started feeling like I was holding an inferior product. People downloading leaked software because they have no patience. I found myself getting angry at Blackberry/Verizon because I had yet to receive the latest "10.1" update. I am sorry, but I don't want to make myself angry everyday. The Z10 is a great device, but i don't want to check for updates every day in hopes of software updates or features that I should already have.
    BTW, you guys can trash my comment all you want and call me names just like a lot of forum bullies do. Won't matter... I'm gone.
    05-06-13 05:00 PM
    Joel so you are telling me that your skin is so thin that a forum site made you return your Z10???? Or you could of deleted your crackberry account and blocked the site, to enjoy your device......

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:03 PM
    By the way OP http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=80313 this is why blackberry loves the site they get bug reports from the peeps.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:05 PM
    OP are you crazy... you can't voice your opinion using constructive criticism around this place. You'll automatically be considered a troll by the overly defensive fan boys.

Jokes aside, i completely agree with you though on your post
    05-06-13 05:07 PM
    I honestly don't know what to believe when people post anymore. Some people are blatant trolls, and others are completely naive and soft, and can't even handle being slightly criticized for anything at all. CB isn't hurting BlackBerry or bb10 but it is frustrating on occasion. I remember getting banned for 3 days over something stupid and he said I was "trolling"when I wasn't. I think he might be in love with the lady I kept owning.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:08 PM
    Have you read the threads? Plenty of people are constantly asking questions, asking for fixes, suggesting new features, designs, amongst other things. Just because it isn't on the front page of CrackBerry or there isn't a blog post about it doesn't mean that CrackBerry is somehow "BlackBerry's worst enemy." I'm certain that if BlackBerry is taking cues from CB, it's looking far deeper than just the blog posts.

Anyhow, take a look around the web. There is no shortage of critiques against the Z10, Q10, and BlackBerry 10. At least CB is a place where fans and users can go and not be flamed for posting something bad or good about the device.

If you look at the kinds of people that get attacked here, it's those that start threads like "My Z10 sucks" or "Goodbye BlackBerry" because they couldn't figure out how to do something or didn't know what they were getting into when buying the phone. There's no need to make a huge spectacle of every problem one encounters while using the device. This is a work-in-progress and every one of us here that's enjoying our BB10 devices are doing so despite those shortcomings. We don't deny that they exist, but when we feel that it's something others should be aware of, we post about it here.
    05-06-13 05:13 PM
    Do a search. Kevin did an extensive review of the Z10 hardware and software, pre-launch, where he pointed out many flaws. It was a very unbiased review.
    So don't say CrackBerry has not once pointed out legitimate weaknesses...

There are hundreds of member threads posting about flaws. That's one of the points of an open forum. The information comes from members and not specifically from the people running it.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:14 PM
    It seems as if though the guys at CrackBerry think lending BlackBerry emotional support will help them become the technology giant it once was. CrackBerry has not once pointed out legitimate weaknesses or areas of concern with BlackBerry's new OS BB10, that may in turn help BlackBerry make better products for all of us. Heck, it might even help us get better, more rounded Z10/Q10 updates in the days to come, given CrackBerry's influence. Sadly, CrackBerry is promoting posts made by users on their forums such as one of these iPhone users are jealous of my BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com on their homepage.

How is this going to help BlackBerry? Or, how is this going to help us, or even you for that matter? CrackBerry, you need to stop hiding the facts and present them how they are. Say the good stuff, but say the bad stuff too. I'm pretty sure BlackBerry is reading up on many of the things users are saying here, so use this opportunity to point them out the stuff they quickly need to get right. Talk about the reboots, talk about the 30-day e-mail limit. Make a big deal out of it. Feature it on your homepage. Give BlackBerry every chance to succeed if you care about them so much and don't give people who are planning to buy a Z10 or Q10 false expectations: the BB10 has a long way to go as far as functionality and stability goes. The Hub is awesome, it's innovative and it's something iOS and Android could borrow. The swipe gestures are also incredible. But the system isn't without it's quirks. It isn't without it's inconveniences and flaws, for instance the inability to search for phone calls from within the Hub and universal search.

As for CrackBerry addicts/users who have bought the Z10 and don't find any issues with it, please stop justifying your purchase.

iPhone users who are getting "jealous" of the new Z10 just by looking at it is understandable. It's natural. Because they don't own it or haven't used it enough to know about it's countless bugs.

CrackBerry, do yourself a favor and help BlackBerry, because I'm pretty sure your fate is tied with theirs.
    Wow, Dictatorial, or what .
    Telling US what to think, what to write, what Crackberry should do,

Bootees must be getting tight.
    SDTRMG, BergerKing and Blacklatino like this.
    05-06-13 05:16 PM
    Hmmmmm, I LOVE my white Z10 and enjoy Crackberry but that's just me I guess

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:17 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=769694 see post #4...

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-06-13 05:22 PM
    Let's look at this in a realistic light:

1. It's a Blackberry fan site...somewhere to go to complain, ask for help, source out fixes, ideas, gloat, play with features, etc..you get the picture. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the site will be "Pro-Blackberry"...it SHOULD be...it's not called "I-Hate-Blackberry.com". Having said that, many articles I have read are pretty objective...pointing out the strengths and weaknesses equally. The problems begin with the whole "my-device-is-better-than-yours" arguments and comments. Kindergarten students are more mature than some members on this site.

2. Technology is changing at light speed over the last 2 decades, and it's hard for ANY company to stay on top and keep up...Apple and Android have their problems just as Blackberry does...the problem is that because of the whole subsidized phone market, it's always tempting to want the latest and greatest, even though we would be fine without them. We have become a spoiled bunch of children with expectations of getting what we want, when we want it, and how we want it. When we don't, we whine, complain, bash, insult, and generally act like spoiled brats. Welcome to the age of stupidity.

3. Everyone has different needs...for some, a Blackberry works the best, for others...Apple...Android....Windows...just go with what works for you and be done with it...stop trying to IMPOSE your will on another platform. Again...spoiled child syndrome.

4. Search. Search. Search. A lot of frustration from members arises when the same threads pop up over and over and over...people need to spend some time searching and reading...they will often find their answers much quicker than waiting for responses.

I like Blackberrys because they WORK FOR ME...no other reason. Apple will serve others better. Android, still others. That's just the way it is.

The "I'm outta here because Blackberry sucks" threads are ridiculous and should be deleted as fast as they're posted...they serve no purpose other than to incite hatred and insults.

The site works well, when people use it right...and the notion that Blackberry has a site to feed from for improvements is a good thing.

So, no.....Crackberry is NOT Blackberry's worst enemy...stupid people are.
    05-06-13 05:30 PM
    I like my Z10. No complaints. Perhaps some of you who whine and cry all day here need to go outside more.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    05-06-13 05:30 PM
    I think Crackberry is taking the right approach, they do point out flaws but they do it professionally and don't keep repeating the same thing. I would hate to see another site or the media take some of crackberry's observations and then twist them into something they are not.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-06-13 05:32 PM
    Completely agree OP. Ignoring the bugs and flaws ain't going to help anyone. Lots of people in the UK used to buy British cars just because they were made in Britain. So the British car industry continued to pump out crap. It was only when people got completely fed up with lousy products and customer service that the industry finally woke up. Too late sadly.

Not only should the site collate and feedback what needs to be fixed, but the fan boys need to realise that by trying to intimidate and belittle new CB members who've joined just to try and find out why their new BB doesn't do what all the others used to, they just drive them into the arms of Apple and Android. You may win these pathetic turf war battles, but you lose long term with crass comments like 'maybe a smart phone just isn't for you' - people just think 'this product and community clearly isn't for me, I'm off'
    j21jam6, zeteo, MERCDROID and 4 others like this.
    05-06-13 05:39 PM
    It's a fan site, there are going to be fanboys. I hate them as much as the next person.

It's the Internet, there are going to be trolls. Join them or ignore them, simple.

Is CB hurting BB? Not by a long shot. Please, do browse the forums more. There are discussions regarding valid problems and solutions and/or lack thereof. To say that CrackBerry is only highlighting the good and not the bad is a blanket statement and, quite frankly, false. Besides, the BlackBerry community has been taking a beating for a long time and gee, tie an anchor to our ankles and send us to sea if you hate a little gloating.

Oh and to the guy who said he was tired of being "angry" at Verizon..your phone should be the leeeast of your worries if you get worked up about that. Lol.

I do find that this phone isn't perfect but quite frankly it's infinitely better than an iPhone that isn't jailbroken. Just my opinion.
    05-06-13 05:41 PM
    The forum exists as a fansite. There are a lot of people who come to the site to find help or discuss things going on at Blackberry. A fansite. There are some who come here to troll, we try not to feed them but they come anyway. For the most part if there is a criticism of Blackberry or its devices we prefer that it is intelligent and thought out with proof of the offending bug/ defect/ short coming so that we all may come to our own conclusions. A fansite. Some of us get emotional about our devices, it happens. We say things in the forums we shouldn't. But; as a community of Blackberry fans I wouldn't trade them. I have owned other devices and not received a tenth of the help I have gotten here for the more complicated and mundane at other fansites. And honestly I would challenge you to find a fansite that does not have overzealous fanboys and girls who try to ruin it for the other 90% that visit them. A fansite.
    j21jam6, inked18, web99 and 2 others like this.
    05-06-13 05:47 PM
    OP has failed to realize the point of the article on the CB site. Crackberry simply highlighted a discussion happening in the forums, as they've always done and other Mobile Nations sites do as well, and giving the occasional CB reader or curious reader a chance to jump in on the discussion. They [CrackBerry] by all means were not taking the forum posts as legitimate news or confirmation of BB10's superior features or anything of that nature, and as someone pointed out, there was a pre-release review that clearly pointed out BB10's flaws. And you know what? BlackBerry responded by updating the OS, fixing those bugs, and adding the features we wanted.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    05-06-13 05:49 PM
    Haven't been on the forum much have you OP...? 13000 threads for the Z10 alone on people bitchin'; whining and complaining about anything and everything software/hardware related... Oh, wait... I just realized why you aren't on here much.
    05-06-13 05:51 PM
    I simply can't understand why you would post this without actually doing your research. You may not be a troll, but your post comes across as trolling. I'm on this fan site regularly and there are many of us who point out flaws in the OS, apps, and more. I also visit the other sites on this Mobile Nations network and their devices have issues as well. I know how to take things with a grain of salt.

I can understand in wanting to make BlackBerry a better company and wanting CB to point out BB's flaws, but I don't agree with blatantly posting these flaws. From my point of view the folks at CB have always pointed out where BBs have shortcomings. They're not here to make people feel depressed about the device of choice.

You wrote: "As for CrackBerry addicts/users who have bought the Z10 and don't find any issues with it, please stop justifying your purchase." What the heck are people supposed to do? Dump on a device when they're completely happy with it?

... moving on...
    05-06-13 05:56 PM
    OP, please keep in mind that Crackberry.com is part of mobile nations which encompasses iMore, Android Central, WP Central, Web OS. All of these sites were built for people who are fans of the technology in each their own aspect.

However you are not in the wrong stating that there are flaws with the new BB10 OS, which has been identified through out multiple reviews and forum posts. Even the sister sites in their device and OS reviews point out flaws.

Another thing to point out is that some Crackberry team members have multiple devices across all of the platforms, so to say their reviews are biased is in a sense a biased opinion of your own with out knowing the facts

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6, web99, Shadowyugi and 5 others like this.
    05-06-13 05:57 PM
    It is frustrating to say the least I take everything on this site with a grain of salt, still haven't made up my mind on the z10 maybe i'm justing waiting on more apps. Things have changed on here a lot and its good and bad mostly bad but when i'm bored watching the drama unfold keeps me entertained but i still totally agree with the OP your either a troll or just trying to justify why you bought the phone if you have it enjoy it, especially when it comes to things like oh such and such is jealous of my phone just plain childish.

It use to be dumb for apple followers to line up for hours and wait on a phone but now look at blackberry jumping on the fan boy wagon- just throwing that out there......
    j21jam6 and Etios like this.
    05-06-13 05:57 PM
    Wow, Dictatorial, or what .
    Telling US what to think, what to write, what Crackberry should do,

Bootees must be getting tight.
    Or a bad case of Swamp As*,and summer's just beginning
    05-06-13 06:08 PM
192 123 ...