Mikes 30 million and Watsa's 100 million shares locked up. Get couple of other hedgies buy and lock up their shares and then put the squeeze on the shorts. All the bashing that hurts Blackberry will disappear as shorts will be forced to cover and move to other companies.
    05-06-13 02:06 PM
    True. But it is going to happen anyway. And nobody likes to have their shorts squeezed...

#BB10Believe
    05-06-13 02:22 PM
    Not sure if this is true but I heard that if shareholders put sell orders on their shares, even at unrealistic limits ($200/shr), those shares are unshortable.

If that's the case then let's all high ball our shares!

Maybe Jim will come back!!
    Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 04:55 PM
    Not sure if this is true but I heard that if shareholders put sell orders on their shares, even at unrealistic limits ($200/shr), those shares are unshortable.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 04:58 PM
    He can not as no one buyer is allowed to own more than 10% of company shares due to BB owernership retrictions. Imagine, apple or someone else buys more than 20% shares and controls the company. Yes, Prem can convience other investors to buy more..
    lifelongbbfan likes this.
    05-07-13 12:32 AM
    BlackBerry has moves that they could perform, if and when they feel the time is right. The shorts may feel like their in control but at a time of their choosing BlackBerry can act to crush the shorts.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 06:52 AM
    If they bought another 50 million shares, I would call them fools! But BBRY is in the toilet right now and a good buy but think it will go even lower!
    05-07-13 10:01 AM

Maybe Jim will come back!!
    Posted via CB10
    I read up on this.

It boils down to marginable accounts. If you have a marginable account the shares can be borrowed.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 11:00 AM
    BlackBerry has moves that they could perform, if and when they feel the time is right. The shorts may feel like their in control but at a time of their choosing BlackBerry can act to crush the shorts.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Bbry have options, time, and room to squeeze the shorts and take out the manipulative speculators. Ie their vision on mobile computing could be revolutionary using the phone as the hub to connect between machines, blowout QE, large enterprise purchases, uptake by enterprise and governments, share buyback, special dividend, new large investors,bes licensing, buyout, or merger, increase market share,high margins, new successful products. In contrast, the company's shares are already shorted nearly to the max at 33% for no other reason except irrational pessimism. So it will happen guaranteed.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-07-13 09:22 PM
    Mikes 30 million and Watsa's 100 million shares locked up. Get couple of other hedgies buy and lock up their shares and then put the squeeze on the shorts. All the bashing that hurts Blackberry will disappear as shorts will be forced to cover and move to other companies.
    Did you not suggest that Watsa sells his 10% stake to someone?
    06-16-13 08:53 AM