Hey everyone.

I use the bedside mode as the BB is my bedside clock, and my alarm clock.

I have a couple of contacts that I would like to create so that they ring (phone call only) even if the phone is in bedside mode.

My mother is aged and alone and I don't like the fact that I would not hear a call from her when the phone is in bedside mode.

There was a way with past BB's but I cannot find the place to do this with the Z10.

The challenge doing this however is that when you are in a movie theatre or business meeting, these profiles still ring through when you put to silent or vibrate only.

Would love to know if there is a way to do this?
    joeye333 likes this.
    05-06-13 01:07 PM
    Hi!
    This has been asked many times on the forum and the answer is no.
    Next time use the search and you won't have to wait so long for someone to answer you.
    We are all waiting for either a third party app or BB to bring this in as far as I know.
    05-06-13 03:19 PM
    This has just made my decison easy as I was on the fence, will definitely keep my 9930 for now, this is a feature I need and must have also.
    05-06-13 03:26 PM
    Okay, maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP, but...

When I go into the clock app, "clock settings", right under "clock face" (digital or analog), the option is "phone calls in bedside mode", with an on/off toggle.

Been there since I got my z10 in early April...
    05-06-13 06:03 PM
    Okay, maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP, but...

When I go into the clock app, "clock settings", right under "clock face" (digital or analog), the option is "phone calls in bedside mode", with an on/off toggle.

Been there since I got my z10 in early April...
    You are correct its there. Thanks never seen it before. When you click on options in clock mode and it takes you to alarm settings it should be noted that you have to swipe down from top of screen to pull up second options menu with the bedside setting.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:12 PM
    Thank you to MB2 for this answer and YES, it is there.

In all due respect to PINC - who was so quick to suggest I search and that this has been raised many times and the answer is NO. Obviously the answer is YES, and without this thread people may still be searching. I have not posted a lot in this forum but I am not new to discussion forums and I DID search before posting and I did not find the answer that I was looking for so I posted. Sorry to have offended you.

One of the things to remember with these forums is that many people come here with varying degrees of knowledge of how to search these forums. Searching is not always productive in these forums when the search/key words could be very difficult to decide on the topic.

In any event, I am happy that I posted because now the answer is known.

Thanks!
    05-07-13 05:29 AM
    Just if anyone else is looking for this information: I didn't find the respective settings dialogue while within bedside mode. I had to open the clock app and enter its settings.
    07-28-13 05:19 PM
    But it would still be nice if you could choose to allow only calls from specific contacts while in bedside mode. This was the original question. Unless I'm mistaken, it's an all or nothing setting.
    12-09-13 06:50 AM