If you're a PlayBook owner, you might already be familiar with SiteBook: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...tebook-792203/

Price: $0.99

SiteBook lets you organize items into user-defined categories. Items can be website bookmarks, tasks or notes. I originally wrote SIteBook for myself, and use it every day to maintain my todo lists for various home and work projects, as well as websites I frequently visit.

The main differences from the PB version are the BB10 version is $0.99 (PlayBook version remains free), and this BB10 version adds some sharing features so you can email/text your shopping list, todo list, etc. You can also now mark items as "done," and hide/show them.

As always, feel free to send any questions, suggestions or bug reports to: [email protected]

Official description:
    SiteBook allows you to create and organize your website bookmarks, notes and tasks:

- Add items as websites, notes or tasks
    - Tap a website item to open it in the Browser
    - Create custom categories to organize your items
    - Filter your items by category
    - Email and share your items
    - Backup and restore your data from an external file

Permissions: SiteBook will ask for permission to access your shared files. This is required if you wish to back up your data, but is not required for SiteBook to function otherwise.
    Attached Thumbnails SiteBook for BB10 (organize your bookmarks, tasks and notes)-1.jpg   SiteBook for BB10 (organize your bookmarks, tasks and notes)-2.jpg   SiteBook for BB10 (organize your bookmarks, tasks and notes)-5.jpg   SiteBook for BB10 (organize your bookmarks, tasks and notes)-3.jpg  
    Last edited by anon(153966); 05-06-13 at 12:07 PM. Reason: added price
    05-06-13 11:34 AM
    Looks good and the permissions explaination is appreciated.
    This is a good practice for Developers to get into, would hate to see people not use good apps from trusted Developers because they are not aware how the app uses their information
    05-06-13 12:10 PM
    I received the notice and updated to v10.0.20.20
    When I tried to email or share email my list of bookmarks all that was sent were the subject fields. I seem to think the last time I tried this the URL links were also sent. Or did I dream it?
    If it makes a difference I am still on VZW 10.0.9 until this weekend when I'm installing a leak.

Thanks
    Bob

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:28 AM
    I received the notice and updated to v10.0.20.20
    When I tried to email or share email my list of bookmarks all that was sent were the subject fields. I seem to think the last time I tried this the URL links were also sent. Or did I dream it?
    Nope, but good idea... so you'll see options in 1.0.21 to either email a list of subjects or a list of all details:
    SiteBook for BB10 (organize your bookmarks, tasks and notes)-emails33.png
    07-11-13 08:06 PM
    Yep, I guess it was a dream. But this one is going to be a dream come true.
    I can already see where this is going to be helpful.
    Thanks for adding it.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:42 AM
    I was wondering if it is possible to have SiteBook display as selection when using the share feature in the browser?

I've noticed since getting the 10.1 update I am seeing more share options. Including sharing to apps. Typically notes or clipboard apps.
    It would save some copy/paste steps if the web link could be shared (copy/pasted) to the URL field and have the cursor waiting in the Subject field for typing the description.
    Anyway, a suggestion to consider.

Even with the updated search feature of the OS, I still prefer using SiteBook for my bookmarks.

If you have time and it's not too difficult to add, an export to CSV would be nice too.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 10:34 AM
    I was wondering if it is possible to have SiteBook display as selection when using the share feature in the browser?
    Yup! Already included and working for the next release It truly does make it MUCH easier to save bookmarks to SiteBook. I wish the PlayBook had the same sharing functionality.
    08-02-13 12:28 PM
    Alright!
    Looking forward to the next BB10 release.
    To bad for the PB. Can only do what can be done. I'll still copy /paste with it.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 04:55 PM
    Version 1.1.21 submitted for approval! Hopefully it'll show up within a few days

Probably the neatest improvement is the ability to share a bookmark directly from the Browser to SiteBook. No more copy and paste! Just click share in the Browser and tap SiteBook:

SiteBook for BB10 (organize your bookmarks, tasks and notes)-img_00000008-33.png

And it opens as an item in SiteBook:

SiteBook for BB10 (organize your bookmarks, tasks and notes)-img_00000009-33.png

You'll also see some new sharing items, such as Emailing a list (subjects only), Emailing details (all fields in each item), etc.

SiteBook for BB10 (organize your bookmarks, tasks and notes)-img_00000006-33.png:

A few people asked to have SiteBook optionally open into the Filters view.... which is also an option now:

SiteBook for BB10 (organize your bookmarks, tasks and notes)-img_00000014-33.png

The official changelog:

* Newer bbUI
    * Closing an item returns to selected item in list
    * Added Splash screens
    * Resized application icon to standard size
    * Now opens websites even if http:// or https:// is missing
    * Added ability to share a URL directly from the Browser to SiteBook
    * Added ability to share selected text from other apps to SiteBook
    * Added ability to email URLs and descriptions
    * Added option to email backup file
    * Allow mixed-case Category labels
    * Option to capitalize item subject on save
    * Option to start app in Filters view
    * Option to confirm deletes
    08-16-13 07:18 PM
    Updated to the latest version and it works great. I especially like the addition of the share feature. It makes adding bookmarks much easier than the old copy & paste.

I also like there is now the setting to open SiteBook in the category view (show filters) instead of showing all.

I've noticed though, that using the show filters on start-up affects how the share feature works. Just a little. Thought I'd explain so other users don't possibly get frustrated and think it doesn't work.

Here's what I've noticed.
    First, SiteBook needs to be open and active frame for share to work. I know it is probably only until the code is released by BB to do otherwise.

With SiteBook active and not set to show filters on start, everything works like a charm. The URL is copy/pasted and cursor is in the subject field waiting to type. Fill it in, select a category and save. All done.

With SiteBook set to show filters on start is when share doesn't work the same. If the active screen is left at the category filter and share is used from the browser, the category filter screen is displayed instead of the entry form with the URL already filled in.
    To get it to work, all you need to do is press the SiteBook "< back" button (lower left corner) to the All Items screen. Then swipe up to make it an active program frame again, and repeat the share sequence. Up pops the fill-in form and proceed as normal.

The other way to do it is when starting SiteBook with the show filters screen active, press "Show All" at the bottom before swiping up to make it an active frame.

Even needing a little bit of of workaround if show filters is used at start-up IMO SiteBook is a great way for keeping track of bookmarks.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 06:45 PM
    First, SiteBook needs to be open and active frame for share to work.
    Ah, good point! I can probably do something about that. Sharing really should open the app (if not running), AND the item.

I'm just finishing up the update for the (free) PlayBook version. It should be out within a day or two, then I'll take a peek at those BB10 share functions again
    08-20-13 09:51 PM
    First, SiteBook needs to be open and active frame for share to work
    Fixed in 1.1.24, which I'll submit in a day or two. Sharing to SiteBook will then open the app if need be, AND open the shared item.

BUT, SiteBook will only open an item from the Home screen. So if you have it set to start in Filters view, or have it already running with an item open, sharing to SiteBook won't open the shared item until you return to the Home screen (version 1.1.24). The difference being if you're not in the Home screen, you won't have to hit Back then reshare them the item; you just close the screen/item you're viewing and the "pending" shared item will pop open.

You'll also get a "Hide Notes from Show All" option which I love, as it lets me use the "Show All" view as my bookmarks-only list, while letting me view tasks and notes when viewing a specific category:
    SiteBook for BB10 (organize your bookmarks, tasks and notes)-hidenotes.png
    08-21-13 08:57 AM
    Thanks for the quick response.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 09:39 AM
    The latest update showed up sometime during the night. Installed and it's working great!

The only issue I'm seeing now has to do with trying to share/bookmark a page when using the CB10 app. I don't think it is a SiteBook problem, but how the CB10 app works with sharing.

If you are inside the CB10 app and share to SiteBook, everything is placed in the subject field. But when you open the CB10 page in the browser 1st, then share, everything works as it is supposed to.

Mentioning this in case others wonder what's going on.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 07:48 AM
    The only issue I'm seeing now has to do with trying to share/bookmark a page when using the CB10 app. I don't think it is a SiteBook problem, but how the CB10 app works with sharing.
    Ah yes, CB apparently shares everything lumped together (subject and URL) as a text "story," where the Browser shares the URL itself.

I taught SiteBook (next version) to find and extract URLs from the text, which then works with CB sharing. Might come in handy elsewhere too

I'll submit it in a day or two...
    08-22-13 01:34 PM
    I figured it was something along those lines since everything I tried from the browser always worked.

This is what is called a developer staying on top of it with their app.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 04:41 PM
    Small change with submitted 1.1.26...

Added an option to show the app logo as the Active Frame instead of just the usual snapshot. For me, the snapshot tends to blend in with the Browser (etc.) when I'm looking in a hurry, so I find the consistent logo easier to find at a glance:

SiteBook for BB10 (organize your bookmarks, tasks and notes)-img_00000244.png
    11-24-13 05:51 PM
    Thanks for the updates. Still my goto bookmarks app.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 10:01 PM
    Version 1.1.27 should be live with a couple little changes.

New items now default to Priority:

SiteBook for BB10 (organize your bookmarks, tasks and notes)-priority33.png

And I swapped the Settings and Help icons to be consistent.

Incidentally, one of the reviews mentions that the app "doesn't work anymore," but I'm not aware of any problems. It's been working fine on my Z10 through the latest Verizon OS. I use SiteBook (and Willow) constantly, every day
    07-30-14 09:24 AM
    Using this app as a sort of Bookmark Backup (a glaring shortcoming of BB10 - no Bookmark Import/Export)
    Thanks for this app - seems to work well.
    01-08-15 10:43 PM