I am curious to know how others are setting up company provided iOS devices for their employees? Company supplied BB10 devices are easy to set up before giving to an employee because all you really need is an email address to activate the phone on the bes. My problem is when I have to set up an ios device for an employee, I need to have an apple id to be able to download the BES10 client onto the device.

I have created a generic apple id just for downloading and installing the bes10 client onto the ios device but then Im thinking once the app wants to update itself I will have to share that password with everyone so they can install the latest version of the client.

how is everyone else handling company owned ios devices being managed by bes10? Thanks!!

Denny
    05-06-13 07:19 AM
    I can't say much.

But I've been at two companies locally (SMART Technologies and Suncor Energy) both only supplied Blackberries. Probably for the same reason though.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:30 AM
    We are using BB, IOS and Android device, with the UDS service... we provide IOS and BB device to users, on their choice, but if they are using Iphone, they have the responsability to create and have a AppleID themself.
    05-06-13 07:39 AM
    so you basically give them a bare phone and hope they create an apple ID and install and setup the bes10 client? we have some people ive noticed when replacing their devices don't even set up an apple id at all (some of the older guys aren't as tech savvy or care enough to load up their phones with apps like the younger ones do).

So if I use a generic apple id just to download and install the bes10 client on employee phones can they use their own apple id to update the client app or do they have to use the same ID that downloaded the app to update it? I would just rather have the device set up and ready to go before giving it to the employee that way I don't have to worry or hunt them down to get it connected.

it would be nice if I could "sideload" the bes10 client app onto the ios device and set up their profile and then when theres an update to the app then they could use their own apple id.
    05-06-13 08:25 AM