Hello to everyone,

I'm writing you because I could not get uninstalled an app that I download (.bar) from apps.goodereader. Its name is youtube-new.bar.

vnBB installs it successfully but when I click uninstall it remains on my Z10, I even touch and hold in order to make the icon shake so I can click the little trash icon and the icon does not appear.

If anyone knows anything it will be really appreciated, so I can avoid wipe the Z10.

Thank you for your kind help.

Rafa.
    05-06-13 06:39 AM
    Try using the following:
    PlayBook App Manager

This will list all installed apps, and option to remove them.

Hope this helps. Cheers !
    rallen562 likes this.
    05-06-13 07:24 AM
    Dear mqazi,

I've tried that chrome plugging but it did not work.

Do you know any other solution?

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 09:11 AM
    Dear mqazi,

I've tried that chrome plugging but it did not work.

Do you know any other solution?

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    I had the same problem with tweetcaster...after i thought i deleted it from the homescreen i kept getting notifications and it would open up in blackberry runtime (whatever that is)... Anyhow, to answer your question, if the chrome playbook manager didn't work for you, try ddpb... I don't have a link for it so just do a search in crackberry on "how to sideload android apps", or a tutorial might be in the sticky in this forum that should have a link for it.... It works similar to the chrome method but has a different interface then just find the name of the app in the list and click uninstall.
    05-08-13 04:40 AM
    Made sure you are in developer mode?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 06:33 AM
    the problem with this .bar is that it's labeled as a .sys app. it is therefore impossible to uninstall it. the only way to get rid of it i can think of is to unpack the .bar remove the .sys meta info, tell it to allow uninstall, and write over the previous installation. i don't know how this is done, but i'm in the same boat as OP. very disheartening to not have access to remove things.
    05-12-13 06:06 AM
    Funny, I have the same issue. I just placed it in a folder labeled "Useless Apps". But I'll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully someone has a solution. Would a security wipe get rid of this app?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 04:32 PM
    Yeah, a security wipe will get rid of it and everything else you have on the phone. I guess that's the risk of using dev mode.
    Use the wipe as a last resort and backup important data before wiping.
    05-12-13 06:13 PM
    Security wiped removed the app, took about an hour and a half, but it was removed. The person who posted before me was right, that's the only issue with using developer mode. On the good nite, my z10 is working crisp!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 11:30 AM
    Thank you all for your posts.

I had to do the same thing. The wipe erased the app.

Best regards.

Rafa

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 01:16 PM
    Just saying, before you try all the complicated sides, have you tried the simple solutions which can be the thing? like this probs happen even with native apps when after deleting, when u restart phone, its back to square one, and for the solution i read somewhere long back so i cant link it here, after you delete the apps, try this, hold the power button for 30 seconds, your phone will in this time turn off, and reboot, ignore the red led , and the phone will come off again, basically a force reboot, I normally hold the power button till the blue loading screen appears. then let it do its magic and check if the apps still exists. This is just a simple solution that has worked for me till date.
    07-31-13 08:46 AM
    Within 10.2.1.1055 (and above I suppose) you can go into settings -> device monitor you can remove the complete app =).
    11-16-13 08:54 AM
    i got a Z10 but i CANT uninstall andoid apps becouse it wont delete them, if i say in device monitor uninstall he says its uninstalld but the app is not removed its still there and i can do what ever i want but it WONT remove andoid aps
    02-01-16 04:06 AM
    does anybody know how to access the bin folder where the actual android apps are located on a PC?
    i KNOW where it is but i don't have permission to access it though any app on mydevice (for good reason). even while using development mode it only mounts as a media device for me. I've tried alternate androod launchers, tried using app market... all uninstalls fail. the app becomes un-usable and invisible, but it's still THERE. (using b9 file archiver with root viewing access. it shows hidden files too).

i do NOT want to security wipe my device.
    04-18-16 02:55 PM
    This whole problem could also be solved though a root access terminal: the reason why apps won't uninstall is because of permissions: Blackberry OS installs the appls, but it's androids job to uninstall them. however, in the BB10 system, Android doesn't have permission to access and delete files in the OS10 system folders, where the Android apps happen to be stored. inorder to solve this, someone has to find away to gain root access in os10s shell and delete the apps manualls, develop an uninstall app/protocall for bb10 with root privelage, or give the android system read,write, access permission to that folder.
    04-18-16 03:09 PM
    does anybody know how to access the bin folder where the actual android apps are located on a PC?
    i KNOW where it is but i don't have permission to access it though any app on mydevice (for good reason). even while using development mode it only mounts as a media device for me. I've tried alternate androod launchers, tried using app market... all uninstalls fail. the app becomes un-usable and invisible, but it's still THERE. (using b9 file archiver with root viewing access. it shows hidden files too).

Are you running OS 10.3.2.2876? There is a runtime error known to OS 10.3.2.2876. If you are running that OS then apply the fix: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918

Make sure you your BB10 browser is not in desktop mode when you click the link or it won't find it.
    Once completed - restart your phone then give it a few minutes to settle.
    04-18-16 04:20 PM